Racism - Always and Forever

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Where do they get the money from to pay all those nitwits. A thinktank sponsoring the intellectual nitwits like Hirsi Ali isnot going to bring humanity forwards.

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The GOP is at this point a racist, misogynist and anti science party.

Georgia state Rep. Tommy Benton (R) has been removed as chairman of the House Retirement Committee after a radio interview came to light where he praised Confederate leader Alexander Stephens and disparaged the late Rep. John Lewis, Georgia Public Radio reports.
    Benton said the Ku Klux Klan “was not so much a racist thing, but a vigilante thing to keep law and order.”
    Of John Lewis, he said: “His only claim to fame was he got conked on the head at the Edmund Pettus Bridge… and he has milked that for 50 years.”

sitruc repped this.
  3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Another guy that we can't call a Piece of Shit, because feces deserves better.

soccernutter, sitruc, xtomx and 3 others repped this.
  4. At least shit fertilizes soil. His remains pollute the environment.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...mala-harris-eligibility-to-be-vice-president/
    Didnot take long.

Conservative legal scholar John C. Eastman argued in a Newsweek column that Harris may be ineligible due to both her parents being immigrants to the U.S.; other law professors insisted that her California birth unquestionably makes here a natural born citizen under the 14th amendment.

Paid by the kind of "Think"tanks like the one that funds the Dutch anti muslimloony?

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a thought.

Think about the moment of the Big Bang. All of creation was unified in the exact same tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of a cubic micrometer. The separation between you and Tommy Benton is an illusion; you are both from the same material, the same origin. You are him, he is you.

Where's the bong?

7. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There is no bong. And yet there is. Not. A bong. Yet here it is.

Schrodenger's Bong. Or not.

Yet.

Here it.

is!

'nt.

8. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    The Big Bong Theory?

fatbastard, Dr. Wankler and crazypete13 repped this.
  9. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal

So bongo, bongo, bongo I don't want to leave the Congo
    Oh no no no no no! :notworthy:

10. 1294427812670124033 is not a valid tweet id

Waiting for election results ....the big idiot 80%, Byden 1%, santaclaus 19%.
    Belarus XXXXLLLL

11. Today the slave registry of Curacao will be put on line.
    To understand what that means here's a Dutch newspaper article on how slavery looked like overthere.
    For those interested in the difference between slavery in the States and the Dutch colonies, it provides an interesting read. Especially the fact that former slaves in the register, after being freed, later turn up in the registers as slave owners.
    Use google translate for a rough translation. If some translated part is confusing, let me know as that can be because of google translate messing up.
    https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2020/08/14/de-slavernij-op-curacao-had-vele-gedaanten-a4008816
    De slavernij op Curaçao had vele gedaanten
    Slavery on Curaçao came in many guises

The link for the database is:
    https://www.nationaalarchief.cw/actueel/nieuwsberichten/dbase-slavenregisters-online

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://jacobinmag.com/2020/07/racial-wealth-gap-redistribution

Not sure how much I should trust Jacobin, but according to this article, most of the wealth gap between black and white households is due to the wealth gap between black and white households in the top 10%. IOW, the wealth of the bottom 90% is similar between black and white households. If you do the same thing for the bottom 50% instead of the bottom 90%, the wealth gap almost disappears.

Now, Jacobin's ideology is that class is the only relevant conflict, that racial conflicts obscure the real war. I don't agree with that interpretation. If someone with a grounding in statistics want to do a deep dive, be my guest.

ceezmad and taosjohn repped this.
  13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Mama said knock you out..."

crazypete13 repped this.
  15. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not gonna lie... I put it on .25 slow mo.

sitruc, Dr. Wankler and superdave repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Why have these nazis all got glass jaws?

17. I am very much going along that line of analysis. Extreme anti racist activists have the MO of making the fact that Europeans=whites were the first world wide colonizers akin to the white "race" = the colonizers and enslavers. They simply and conveniently skip the unwelcome truth that what happened to the colonies and their people is the same MO the ruling class used against their own white population. Does anybody really believe there's a difference between how the English treated the Irish and the Indians (the curry ones) because Irish were white and the Indians not?
    Slavery throughout the centuries has been an economical thing, not a racist thing. It became a racist connoted thing once voices started protesting against it based on the Bible and the heritage of the Enlightment. So certain people sought in the Bible the justification for enslaving non whites. Others sought it in dehumanizing the people enslaved by bogus science about races. This was especially the case with the Anglo-Saxon based societies.
    Racism finds it's origin in slavery, not the other way around.

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, tell me more about American politics!

xtomx and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  19. You've got your own ruling class for a century and a half or so now gathered under the 4 letters acronym WASP.

20. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I couldn't understand a word he said so I can't say with my own knowledge if he was racist but nice punch.

21. The women commenting tell he's racist and deserved it, so I go with that. Regarding the punch it was by the guy he wasnot looking at and came out of the blue.
    If one goes into confrontational mode by yelling things to offend people, it's rather stupid to be not on guard to get punched by someone.
    It was an example of a slap on the temple being a very effective way to bring someone down.

22. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do I think that over half of the "knockout game" stories I hear are basically going down like this?

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ceezmad and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  24. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Yeah I couldn't understand a word he said other than shouting "violence".

Which makes him an asshole at the very least.