[R]Wales & Norn Iron v England, 03&07/09/05

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by Colm, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    totally agree with that

4-5-1 will be the formation of the match though

2. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just heared on Sky Sports news. Should be interesting.

3. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. amaranto

amaranto Member

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm starting to enjoy Toshack. His interviews are entertaining and sticking it to Robbie Savage, even at the short-term expense of the team, is entertaining. Heck, who wants a national team coach that is afraid to stand up to players?

Anyway, I think Wales has a shot at a tie in this one. I'm not suggesting they have anywhere near the quality of England, I'm just not convinced it isn't going to be close.

5. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    I heard plenty of confidence verging on arrogance from the English (esp the English media) over the past few days. It's as if they have all been in a coma for the last few years missing Liverpool winning the CL and Greece winning the EC!

England should beat Wales, however that doesn't mean they will. Good players don't necessarily don't make a good team . Can I ask where Scott Parker is? Is he injured? Playing Beckham in a holding role instead of him or even instead of others in the squad doesn't seem to bright. With SWP now pushing for a place it seems like Beckham is clinging onto a starting role any way he can.

6. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Would be nice if the Welsh could pull a point back but they are going to struggle agianst a better team. With out Bellars they don't have much of a chance.

7. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I completely agree, now I am biased but atleast he would bring some respectablity back to Norn Iron.

8. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    If his wife's health concerns are no longer pressing, I'd not be surprised if O'Neill is back in charge at Parkhead before the New Year.

He'd never be given the reigns by the IFA; just can't imagine.

There do appear to be too many problems with players for Lawrie, much as I like him, and this week should seal his fate for the forseeable future. No points from Azer or Ingurland and he's gone.

9. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thx for the 3 points Taffs!

10. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah :)

my confidence in sven is draining every match, :mad: :(

11. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, Sven is terrible. The sooner we get rid of him, the sooner we can start playing good football.

12. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    imagen with that preformance and formation playing against Brazil? we'd get hammered and that should not happen.

13. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thinking about it, Beckham playing deep was sort of understandable. Sven knew he would be under no pressure, so he seen Beckham as kinda his Veron from his Lazio days. Plus Stevie was there to help him out, just incase we got over run at any point in the game. As soon as we went 1-0 up though, Beckham should have been off and Hargreaves or someone else should've been brought on in his place. Shrek up front by himself clearly a big mistake.

14. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    aye i can understand him wanting a holding player cuz we need one, i'm really pleased with beat them and get 3 points but i just wish we could be more positive.

15. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    If the IFA wouldn't give him reigns that says a lot about how a once pretty-respectable footballing nation has descended into utter irrelevancy. Not good. :(

I do think Celtic would pretty much have right of refusal on his services, though.

16. Pilum

Pilum New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Runcorn
    Not that I'm really for or against Sven, but I think I can see his point of view; better to try out new formations and tactics against a team that you're expected to beat than to trot it out at, say, the actual finals (coughEuro2004cough).

Tried it, didn't work how he hoped, ok, so cross that one out of the tactics book and on to the next game...

17. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am expecting Owen to score a goal or two, and Rooney as well. Should be a 3-0 or 4-0 outcome. :)

18. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  19. DeeTee

DeeTee New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Glory Glory Northern Ireland! :D

20. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    O.M.G.

Nice upset boys.

21. BigDavyG

BigDavyG New Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Schaumburg, IL
    Away in a manger, no crib for a bed
    The little lord jesus lay down his sweet head
    The stars in the bright sky looked down where HEALEY
    HEALEY
    HEALEY
    HEALEY
    HEALEY

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I love you guys. :D

[​IMG]

23. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    I am REALLY mad I didn't go to the pub today.

24. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Re: [R]Norn Iron v England, 03&07/09/05

Dear Lord what a wonderful day!!! Healy's strike was so sweet, the time and space allowed, I still can't believe it. Keep rewinding and playing it over and over.

Is there a better keeper in the UK than Maik?

Given that the objective was to equalise before the Ingurlish scored...who is it looks like Scotland in disguise?

Lawrie has pulled it all together in a magnificent week. The match had the feel of David v. Goliath, but the GAWA balanced those scales.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

25. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Re: [R]Norn Iron v England, 03&07/09/05

Oh God yeees.