{R} SoB FC v. FC ZoT: 10/27 9:05am

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by OKTerrific, Oct 24, 2007.

1. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's get a win boys, these guys are not nearly as good as us. If we win our next two games in convincing fashion (which we should) we will avoid the wild card round of the playoffs, which is for the bottom 4 teams in the league table. Be there at 8:30 for warmups.

COME ON YOU SoBs

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the dills will not be there ... i hope you don't miss my (in)ability too much. :p

3. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should use this game to focus on things that we need work with...particularly midfield ball movement. We all need to get in better positions to receive passes rather than ball-watching.

4. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lets roll these guys

5. Fc philly boy 19

Fc philly boy 19 New Member

May 17, 2007
    Philly
    We should definitely win this game based on how they've played this season. Lets go SOBs!

6. Fitz1422

Fitz1422 New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Horsham
    Word people ... we should def. work on stuff as Bolton said at least i think thats bolton...

whose all going to be there ... I know Joe is out... and Dillion just so we can actually try to put together a lineup before that morning. I also think we should get a database of somesort with everyones pictures so we start calling each other the right names... I am terrible with names and apologize for it

Get Pumped

Fitz

7. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played with a good team tonight in one game and against a good team in another game...they had fantastic ball movement created by always running around and finding open space to help out the guy with the ball...we do way too much staring at the guy with the ball and hoping he finds somewhere magical to put it, I'm probably the worst at it. I'm starting to realize that playing soccer is ridiculously like playing basketball, both in offense and defense.

Anyway, my point is, let's try and get a couple of goals fast then just work on possession.

8. jaquaftw

jaquaftw New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Mpls
    i'm there.

GENERIC BATTLE CRYYYYYYYYYY!!! :mad::mad:

Zac

9. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I've got clearance from the doctor to start playing again, but my brother-in-law is getting married on Saturday. That being said, next week, the Ol' #14 can finally emerge from (Retired) status :D.

I'll be there for the final regular season game, and our Championship playoff run!

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am getting there with names. SO hopefully by the end of the season I may know everyones name. I will be there. We need to score goals! No matter how bad the team is we haven't really been able to put the ball in the back of the net. Hopefully we can put something together this week.

Corey and his bro are probably out, Correct?
    Dillon is out.
    Joe is out.

Everyone lets try not to get hurt before the game starts this week.

Bolton is correct in his statement. I think we are starting to move the ball better as we have been slowly getting in better shape. Moving without the ball and getting into position take alot of fitness. We tend to play defensively and not take as many offensive risks due to lack of our fitness. Some people (jim) can run up and down the field all day. Then people like myself make a couple of offensive runs and need to break.

I think we did a better job of subbing this past week then we have in the past. If we sub quicker and more often then I think we can be more succesful. I would say around the 15 minute mark we need to start subbing if not before. I know I stayed in too long in the second half last week.

12. Huey is a SoB

Huey is a SoB New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Bensalem
    Our midfield possession has steadily increased and improved the last two games, imo. Bolton is right, more movement off the ball and supporting each other. Show for a 1-2, or overlap and run to space. I did think the forwards and mids did a very good job of getting back to defend last week, and we pressured a lot in their back field and winning goal kicks at midfield. If we keep playing like that the goals will come, just need to be a little more opportunistic in front of net. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger!

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think corey said he is playing the remainder of the games ... but he'll obviously have to confirm that.

14. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im in. and in a effort to put a name/bigsoccer name with the face. This is ANTHONY #29...the shortest person in the world

15. eccseth

eccseth Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be there.

16. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i will be there...my bro wont be

17. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any of you guys have soft ground cleats, I highly suggest you bring them.

Niko, you better be turning that wrench tonight.

18. N-I-C-H-O

N-I-C-H-O New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my metal studs in from the last game i played.

19. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance of game being cancelled? (not that i want it to be)...p.s. I can bring an extra body if need be,good player, let me know.

20. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we're good on players, but yeah we'll see if we play, I hope so because we should get an easy win if we play the way we played last week.

21. mattie g

mattie g Member

Nov 12, 1999
    Northern VA
    I'm jealous you guys are still playing. Our season finished (playoffs and championship included) two weeks ago. For some reason, the league commissioner is concerned about playing through October, meaning we get stuck playing in f'ing July, August, and September in DC.

Good luck the rest of the season. Wish I weren't 150 miles away...I'd love to get out there with you guys!

22. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alright cool

23. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well just think you are closer now then you will be in a couple months. :)

24. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone may want to check their email tomrrow morning before leaving for the game in case it's cancelled...

25. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to weather conditions, this game has been canceled. Stay tuned for the reschedule date.