[R]Semi-soccer related: Ohno vs. Ahn, Turin Olympics

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by uclacarlos, Feb 25, 2006.

1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Given the celebration that the SK guy did after his goal vs. Agoos in '02, I thought it would be nice to point out that Ohno beat out Ahn for gold in the 500 meter short-track speed skating event today. :D

2. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Roy Jones Jr is kicking back and smiling somewhere.

3. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My first thought after that celebration was that if we scored again the scorer should start play boxing one of his teammates and kick his ass and then have another guy pretend to be the referee and raise the guy that got his ass beat hand. They should do it if we play them again. Get Dempsey on the case.

4. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    As the resident jingoist, I just have to disagree. It's time to let sleeping dogs lie. Unless it has to do with the stinking, dirty, diving, cheating Mexicans! ;)

5. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    2 - 0.

6. 2-0 Baby

2-0 Baby New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second that. (see my screen name)

What I find most amusing about the celebration is that it's about SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING. If there's one sport Americans care less about than soccer it's SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING. A very small % of the American audience saw the celebration and an even smaller % cared!

7. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    That would place soccer squarely between short track skating and that weird summer olympics event where chicks dance with a rubber ball and do gymnastics.

. . honestly. . how the hell do you decide you wanna dedicate your life to that?? :D