R.N.N aka Real Madrid News Central & Everything Related .. Keeping It Real V5

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I agree with YS87 - that is a major pet peeve of mine. I don't care where it comes from, it annoys the heck out of me. I hate that!

2. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    It just as YS87 put it. Go anywhere in Spain and say "Real" and people will naturally assume you are talking about Real Sociedad. The fact that American sports commentators or the British football fans refer to us "Real" does not mean that it is our name.

It's always been a eyebrow raiser for me, specially when it comes from people who follow this club.

It's Hala Madrid and not Hala Real.

3. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've never seen Sociedad referred to as Real actually. La Real, yes. Real no.

And I've never seen anyone say Hala Real either. But yeah, Hala Real sounds pretty retarded.

4. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    They have said it is their intention to go on strike from this Saturday.
    Today they abandoned training after a few minutes and their position at the moment is that they will not travel to Madrid.
    Calderon has said Madrid will cooperate with any initiative the AFE (Spanish footballers association) can find to make the game go ahead but it does not look hopeful at the moment.
    Madrid are still hopeful the game will take place but either way the celebrations will take place as planned. It has been reported that if Levante do not play (and, according to marca, Madrid have apparently offered to pay the Levante players for the game...something that does raise some interesting questions), then alternative opposition may be found so that a game does take place.

5. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, me too.

Besides, we were founded as just Madrid C.F., and that's what became again of our name during the Republic.

6. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Thanks for the update. Keep us posted of any developments Friday please.:)

It'll be a shame for the players to have their moment of glory curtailed, especially as this could be a farewell appearance for some. Also for the fans to be deprived of the last meaningful game for a while.....

7. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I say they get UD Salamanca over to the Bernabeu for the match!

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think it would be funnier if it was Tenerife. :D

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yep. :D

Them or Real Sociedad.

10. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ?? what, did they mention who by any chance? I just find that a bit werid but interesting at the same time.

11. nassar_7

nassar_7 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Pakistan
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    i hope they play a friendly among themselves.. that will be fun...robinho against ramos .. raul against pepe.. guti against diarra.. that will be kooll..;)... then lets see if they can beat casillas... lolzz

12. rrrrrafik

rrrrrafik Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 26, 2007
    London
    That's a pretty cool idea actually. I'd love to see that.

13. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA

I'd love to see it done like playground games when some of us old-timers were kids:
    the two captains (Raul and Guti) choose sides from the players and make two teams to play each other.

Should be interesting. I read somewhere in one of the news sites that alternative opposition could include Tottenham Hotspurs, Porto, or Benfica. Nothing official.

14. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    http://www.europapress.es/deportes/...ctores-deportivos-primera-20080514190657.html

Honors for our team and a couple of our players from the 20 athletic directors of La Liga's teams in the primera division:

Best Spanish player: Iker Casillas
    Best Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas
    Best Defender: Sergio Ramos
    Game of the Year: Real Madrid 3-2 Villarreal

Other honored players:
    Best foreign player: Messi
    Player revelation: Bojan Krkic
    Best midfielder: Iniesta
    Best forward: Guiza

15. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    That is one option being considered.
    Regulations state that friendlies cannot be played at the same time as league fixtures, so Madrid would have to get permission to play another team (although due to the unusual situation it is likely that they would be given permission).

The other option being muted in the press is that the squad play against themselves with Spanish vs foreigners being suggested in the press as well as attackers vs defenders...though I'm not sure how practical those teams would be.

I just hope a solution with Levante's players can be found. They did threaten a strike earlier this season before they played Recre and called that off after guarantees were made to them...let's hope the same happens this weekend on what will be a big day for us.

16. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It's interesting that all the best players are spanish.

17. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Thats a nice idea but Real madrid vs Real Madrid Castilla would be fun too.

We will see what happens.

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I just read a little more about this.

According to league rules, Real Madrid would have to enter the pitch with the four officials as they would any other game. They then have to allow 30 minutes for Levante to come out. After those 30 minutes, the match is considered a forfeit. This is assuming that Levante makes the trip to the Bernabeu (they could go to Madrid and just sit in the locker room).

Anyway, the point of the article is that is very difficult to prepare a plan B match because Levante apparently has until 30 minutes after the official start time to decide to play.

19. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Aragones is an Atleti "legend"*.

*:D

21. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Ok thanks for letting us now that, I never knew that was the case.

We will see what happens thing is if they do play they may not have trained a lot. This could be a high socre game

22. mickyh

mickyh New Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Guillem Balague's team of the season, using a 4-2-3-1.

Casillas

Ramos-G.Rodriguez-Godin-Mane

Senna-Iniesta

Nihat-Raul-Aguero

Guillem on Casillas:
    Nobody has received more shots than him, nobody has made more saves than him; that's the nature of Real Madrid. He has also become statistically the best goalkeeper in la Liga, but he's more than that. When he is asked to intervene in late stages in matches, he can be counted on. I would say he has been the player of the season.

On Ramos:
    Sergio Ramos, who never felt he was a centre-back, has been moved to where he can tame his energy and his need and wish to go forward. He has been everywhere and still takes too many rushed decisions but he can handle that as a right-back. He will probably be one of the bright spots for Spain at the European Championship because he's not scared of anything and he brings that attitude to the team. He's been very influential, although recently he let everybody know he was a bit unhappy about the fact that some players had got a new contract when he hadn't. That's a black spot on what has been a really good season for him.

http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,12087_3570642,00.html

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He's a legend, so that has to count for something right?

Wait...

0 x 1,000,000 = 0

He's still shit.

24. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    Good thing that Balague is not a director of football or a chief scout, because he's obviously never seen Mane play, seeing as he doesn't know what he looks like. According to every source I've seen, he is a towering 1,75m.

Oh, and picking Gonzalo when he's played 16 games out of 37 (admittedly due to injury) is BS. Even Pepe has played more than him.

25. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Someone missing?