[R] Middlesbrough Match Talk and Results [R]

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just would like to say well done to you guys you desereved to win today and if you do get into Europe (which i think you will) i wish you all the best for next season. :)

2. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good hard fought win today, lets go to City and get 3 points! COME ON

3. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cooper, Doriva, Zenden all to get new contracts. Cooper's will be a player/coach role.

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Wow. What a way to end the season. I think the 4 way relegation dog-fight, was small chips to a UEFA playoff game - almost a mini-cup final, with a highly charged partisan crowd, basking in the sunshine.

I've been watching this team for just over a decade and they never cease to amaze me. They always love to do it the hard way, always, sometimes its gritty, sometimes it's honourable and sometimes its kinda pathetic.

This one was one of those times. My heart has now been removed from my chest and I'm writing this on sheer will power. I think it is only a matter of time, before I am announced dead (6th time, already as Boro fan.)

I was a little pissed off that we played for the draw - which we should never have done. When you do that, you are asking for trouble. Great FK by JFH. I think he has added the much needed touch of class that would have meant defeat last year rather than draw or snuck win.

I like City, they are a very attack minded side and with a nice and passionate guy like Pearce in charge he will shape them up no end in defense. I really wish them the best of luck in their endeavours in the Intertoto cup, and would really like them to succeed, especially because they play to win (eh? McClaren...)

This year has definetly been a strange one, because I don't think we've never had our first choice together at all during the course of the season. I have to give credit to some of the players for at least trying under bizarre circumstances - but quite clearly, if this had been any other year we would have finished 10th, and everyone would be calling for the gaffers head.

We have had performances that have hardly warranted a UEFA position and I am somewhat confused that we got ourselves in a position to nab a UEFA spot, that we had in and out of hands for so long - mainly because you get what you deserve. City to be honest were in a similar position with their results this year, so you can't really blame them or use that as an excuse. This EPL has year has been a strange one....I think I won't be telling people about it in years to come, because it was oddly surreal, yet not really pleasurable at all.

Well - that's it....UEFA cup and we got in via the last kick of the game - from the penalty spot...Incredible.

I guess it that's 38 games of hell over - phew. Now I have to wait 3 months to go through it all again. Its great isn't it?

We can build now for next season with and touch wood, we won't have any injuries and will get some fvcking consitency in our play.

I'll still love this team, no matter how sour this soap opera relationship continues to pan out....

Come on Boro :) or should that be :confused: ???

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Well regardless of what has happened during the course of the season - its happened.

We have finished 7th and are in Europe. Solid finish by the lads at the end of the season....

But I'll repeat this to Val and maybe some other passive Boro fans....

**We always do it the hard way - and cause you to have a heart-attack.**

Credit to the lads - maybe we can continue to get stonger with a second successive season in Europe.

It's been a surreal year - that's for sure. :confused:

Mixed emotions - I can't descibe it, it's just odd - I just can't seem to celebrate - even though I should.

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Time for a location change!

The sig was touch and go when Fowler stepped up!

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Francky has had a good year (one of the only players NOT to get injured!) but I would have killed him if Fowler had scored that pen.

I'll watch the highlights tonight to see if it was a pen or not.

The ref must have had some balls to give that....

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I became an Arsenal fan in the mid 70s, well after we'd sold Charley George, Ray Kennedy and Frank McLintok. 3 -5 spots ahead of relegation. In American football or basketball, you have a really sucky year and you get the reward of a great draft pick. Not so for footy. Obviously Arsenal's done well the past decade, but I did learn about heart attacks as we tread the fine line between the 1st division and relegation...

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    We take it to all new level at the Boro! ;)

10. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Back from the game.

********ING AMAZING! I love you Mark Schwarzer.

And the ref is an idiot, he's one of the worst ref's in the league.

11. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We deserved Europe more than Man City, we have been up there for most of the season and i think it was the right result in the end. Someone was definately watching over us!!!

12. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not ********ing me sunshine.

Ps. Haway the toon.

13. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    what can i say, 14th in the league :D

14. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sit on my middle finger sunshine and swival. pfffffffft. You lot are crap.

Ps. Haway the toon and come on lads.

Pps. I'm on the road to Amarillo. Sweet Marie she waits for me. Take me to Amarillo

15. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    crap enough we finished in a European spot.

If we're crap, what are Newcastle? :D

16. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Crap, but stupid Middlesboro are even crapper. Blame my stupid English teacher who was a hippy. Classic. Have it Peter Kay stylee.

Ps. We are the best team in the North East sunshine. ******** the Makams and ******** you lot aswell. Come on the toon.

17. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Keep telling yourself that :D

18. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yakubu has agreed terms with Boro. He has agreed to sign for the club and willl sign for £7m

19. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Me. I'm on the road to Amarrio.
    Everybody. Eh?
    Me. Show me the way to Amarillo.
    Everybody. What hippy?
    Me. Sweet Marie.
    Everybody. Who?
    Me. Show me the with the way to Amarillo.

Ps. When the Day is dawning, on a Texas sunday Morning.......

20. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Yakubu signing means the end for Job and Christie, Nemeth has shown he is worth keeping around lately.

21. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Nah, I diagree. I think Christie has not been able to prove himself because of his troublesome injuries.

When he has been fit, he has scored goals.

I would far prefer to have Chrisite than Nemeth in the side quite frankly.

I say we get rid of Szliard, keep Malcolm on - when he is fit and ready then we shall see if he is up to it or not. If not, then of course we can get rid of him the next season.

Szilard has done great and scored some crucial goals for us, but I think the long term view has to be seen with Christie. Prior to the last few games, Szilard had not been scoring at all.....

And as for Maccarone? I say we take a look pre-season, assess him then and sell or retain on how he has fared after his loan spell. Personally, I would sell now to a side like Siena and use this cash to fund this Yakubu transfer.

I would also guess that we need to bring about 4 or 5 new faces in, including a LB, CB, RMF, CF (done.) and maybe another option in the centre of midfield.

22. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Good buy for Boro. Yakubu has a ton of upside (to borrow an American phrase for his potential). Does this seem like a lot of money to you, though? Maybe it was the fact that Boro was too interested in him, and they their negotiating edge.

23. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Boro are crap. I cant believe that anyone posts in here.

Ps. Haway the toon.

24. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    We finish 7th, no-one really posts, Newcastle finish 14th and plenty post.

Kinda evens itself out. ;)

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Ps. Take me to Amarillo, sweet Marie she waits for me. Is this the way to Amarillo.

EDIT - Mel, please leave stuff like this to the Rivalries board.

Thanks.