[R] Manchester City Match Talk and Results [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by SoccerFan8270, Sep 13, 2004.

1. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McManaman on for Flood at the half.

2. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley Wright-Philips for Paul Bosvelt.

3. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: City v Bolton (R)

Lee Croft comes on for Sibierski with ten minutes left and gets a good hand. The City fans haven't had much else to cheer about tonight.

4. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: City v Bolton (R)

It didn't sound like City deserved anything from that game, at least not from the last 70 minutes. A minor consolation: Croft apparently looked pretty good in the few minutes he had.

5. russkygb

russkygb New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    manchester
    we were dreadful.............. :eek:

reyna did OK considering he wasnt expected to be fit, dunny jamo and robbie escape criticsm and croft did ok when he came on..

but apart from that very poor indeed :(

6. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/article.asp?article=261335&Title=Striker+returns+to+reserve+duty

Well after that game, back to the Reserves for 2 players.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Bradley Wright-Phillips returns to reserves duty at Everton after his second half appearance against Bolton Wanderers on Monday night.
    The striker tops the scoring list for Asa Hartford's side with fifteen League and Cup goals to date.

His appearance at the City of Manchester Stadium on Monday night was his eighth in the top flight after making his breakthrough this season.

And he is joined in the reserves side for this FA Premier Reserve League clash against Everton by Lee Croft.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/article.asp?article=261735&Title=Final+day+fixture+change

City's final Premiership game of the season at the City of Manchester Stadium has been moved.
    The match against Middlesbrough has been moved twenty four hours from Saturday to Sunday 15th May.
    The match will kick off at 4.00pm as will all Premiership matches on that day.
    City have yet to beat Middlesbrough on home turf since the Blues returned to the top flight.
    In the final season at Maine Road the game ended in a scoreless draw while a City own goal was all that separated the two sides at the City of Manchester Stadium last season.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can't see any changes in this one then, when looking at City's squad (especially strikers) and comparing that to Boro's. :(

8. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
  9. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Great result on Saturday. But the big question is, will City take him on even though he scored the winner?
    Musampa wants to join, but has a few games left to prove himself. At least he will have done himself some favours with Saturday's game. :)

10. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Shauny is back.......kind of

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4427543.stm

Manchester City welcome back Shaun Wright-Phillips after a seven-week absence caused by a knee operation.

He may be on the bench though as Stuart Pearce sticks with a winning side - which also means Ben Thatcher and Steve McManaman could also be substitutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On You Blues!!!

11. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not there was much to worry about, but I believe that the mid-week results (City win, Southhampton draw and Palace loss) make it impossible for the Blues to fall into a relegation spot.:)

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Latest bits 'n' bobs courtesy of the lovely Beeb:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4451335.stm

Manchester City striker Jon Macken is hopeful of playing, despite being troubled by a hamstring problem.

Paul Bosvelt is also included in the squad after being axed for the midweek win over Birmingham, although he is unlikely to be given a start.
    Macken lacks any kind of form. hmmmmmmmm
    Bosvelt - glad to see him back.

Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce:
    "I very much doubt we will get a Uefa Cup slot but I'm just pleased to keep winning football matches.
    "There is no doubt the players have their tails up. People are fighting for their places in the team, working hard and striving to get better.

"We have four games left, we will try to win all four and then see where it takes us."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Would be nice to get the wins, but SP has a lot to do, even if he is given the job. Perhaps and hopefully many changes come the Summer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    City seem likely to finish in mid table anonymity, so the only question remains whether Pearce gets the job permanently. He carries the popular vote with a record of two wins, two draws and one defeat from his five games since Kevin Keegan parted company with the Eastlands club.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well the fans have voted by returning in droves. So much for Keegan. Here's hoping fo a new and more positive era.

13. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Good results all round, especially considering the other club with Manchester in their name. ;)

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hey City fans

If Bolton and Boro losses their next two and City win their next two, we can still have some hopes in UEFA cup.

Come on guys, the season is not over yet. Also, this gives confidence to the players for next year. We have to make a final push and try to be as close as possible.

Go City Go

Next year................. Sun Jihai

15. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a line in SoccerNet's story about the win over Portsmouth about City's current run, six games without a loss, being their longest such streak since 1994. Even it's just talking about Premier League games, it still says a lot about the Blues' struggles in recent years.

16. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I never thought I'd say this but

Manchester City is one victory away from UEFA Cup competitions. We must beat Boro next week and we are in. Our goal differential is 8 and Boro is 7. We just have to beat them, it doesn't matter the score, as long as we beat them.

Come one city fans, hope is near. We are going to beat Boro at City of Machester stadium. I never knew they would have anymore meaningful games until now.

Go city Go

Go City.......................................

17. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So what's the verdict ion Musampa? Keep him or dump him? IMO he's looked pretty solid and generally improving each game

18. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    let's all focus on tomorrow's game. do or die for the blues.

19. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    My thoughts on Boro board: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4950432&postcount=304

First off, I want to commiserate and also congratulate City fans.

You have nothing to be angry or upset about the way your team played. They gave everything and you deserve some great plaudits for that. You gave us a good game and we have gone through by the scruff of our necks.

We deserved nothing, and you deserved something.

Obviously I'm delighted but It's a strange feeling because I feel is if you gifted it to us, rather than us getting it as it were. I'm happy but just confused by this really bizarre season for us.

With a guy like Pearce in charge, I'm sure you'll do well.

I wish you all the best in the Intertoto and we'll meet you in the draw for the UEFA cup proper next year. :)

20. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I want to congratulate Stuart and to Man City for a strong finish at the end. So close to an European place. Very good. Better luck next year.

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Close isn't good enough

it came down to a shameful season. Nothing went right for Man City fans.

Anelka is gone

and we still might lose SWP because of our financial difficulties.

we lost to Oldham and got knocked out of the FA cup.

oh, and this just in............ Robbie Fowler missed a penalty kick which could have sent us to the UEFA cup.

The financial woes continue for City Fans including myself.

Who knows if the unbeaten streak of 8 geams was just pure luck or did this new coach actually find a winning formula.

This is horrible, absolutely a nightmare season.

22. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Your highest placing in 13 years and it´s a nightmare season? I think you should be very happy. Well, not very happy because you were so close to a place in Europe but considering where you finished last season, it was a good season.

23. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Let's all have smiles upon our faces. The team under Pearce has turned around the club that everyone had written off. HurraH!!! This is the season that Keegan finally got the boot (useless) and the Incredible Sulk, Anelka, left(why was he brought in?? :mad: ). So some bright points there. :)
    Let's face it with the squad City had at the start of the season and the way Keegan handled most of it, most fans would have been surprised if someone had said the team would manage 8th and just....only just......miss out on an automatic place in the UEFA Cup.
    SWP to stay and SP to be given the chance to clear out the Keegan dross in the summer.

24. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Whats with some of your fans? One of your fans went to attack my dad after the game.

25. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i don't think we can generlize "some of your fans". Sadly these fans exist in every team, every stadium.

i hope everything is okay with your dad