[R] Lazio Match Talk and Results [R]

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 9, 2003.

1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Coppa SF second leg

about to get underway at the Olimpico...Lazio hold a 2-1 edge on Milan.

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    lineup is mostly first team players:

Matteo Sereni
    Massimo Oddo
    Jaap Stam
    Sinisa Mihajlovic
    Giuseppe Favalli
    Demetrio Albertini
    Stefano Fiore
    Liverani
    Cesar
    Claudio Lopez
    Bernardo Corradi

eurosport has it 2-0 lazio already, good night milan!

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I know Sereni is in goal, but scoring 3 time should hopefully be too much for Milan. Hopefully.

It'd be nice to win the Cup, since we obviously aren't going anywhere in Europe. Plus, it guarantees us a place in the UEFA cup, even if we don't win it (depending on who the other finalist is.)

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Wow

Its now 4-0 to Lazio. Cesar, Liverani, and then Fiore twice. Now its officially good night Milan.

They don't care about this game (with the CL coming in a week) but this may be exactly what we need to get back on track. Hammering the top side in Europe at the moment, even if half of them are reserves, has to feel great.

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Re: Wow

no question, a good win at parma and handling milan are nice confidence boosters. I dont care if its Milan's youth team, four goals in the first half is impressive...

6. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    its not "milan-b" , there is rui costa shevchenko and more...sure there is even costacurta and boriello, anyway a loss of this size, maybe even bigger could be bad even for the championship...a bit like happened with roma

7. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I hope Milan marches forward to the scudetto, since they're my #2 team in Italy (miles after Lazio, of course). Plus, would anyone here rather see Juventus, or god forbid, Roma win it?

Here's hoping they chalk it up to bad luck, lose to us again in SerieA, and win the Scudetto anyway.

I am surprised, btw, that they are playing Sheva at all. I would have thought Tomasson would get the nod, since Sheva certainly isn't sitting in the league or in the CL. Then again, what do I know ;)

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    0-0 draw at Chievo

just watched the stale draw at Chievo...

friggin Lopez, alway picks the worst times to mess up...the PK was terrible, right at old friend marchegiani...

and the Cesar goal was legit, terrible offside call...nonetheless we should have scored with chievo down a man.

up 4 pts on Inter for 4th place now...

9. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    But only up one on Parma, I think. I'm not as worried about Parma, to be honest. I think our game against Inter is going to determine 4th place.

We really should have won this one. Why does Lopez take penalties again?

10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    that's the mystery, if Mihaljovic is out there and no longer serves good corners and free kicks..and doesnt even take the PKs...what good is he?

Lopez and Miha are two I dont want to see back next season. The match vs Inter will be crucial for 4th place indeed...

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Or not.

Ahead of our game with Milan today, from which I wouldn't mind a draw too much, Inter and Parma boht lost. We're now 4 points ahead of inter with a game in hand. Hopefully we can play against Milan today the way we played against them in the Cup.

A win would certainly be nice. Although, it wowuld get Roma closer to the title. Tough choices ;)

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    difficult 0-1 loss...milan really came into the olimpico with a set defensive plan and stuck to it well...

things still look pretty good for 4th place...