[R] Haiti vs Jamaica - 12 June

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Scotty, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Anyone got any info on this game (lineups, matchtracker, radio, etc.)?

It should have just started.

2. jahman

jahman Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Outside Reggae Land
    read elsewhere - Haiti misses penalty. 17 mins

3. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Im listening on the radio WRHB 1020am "The Carnival" here in Miami.

Its wild constant screaming. Im going to head down to the Orange Bowl for the second half

1070am Miami is the Jamacian announcers. I'll post links to audio if I can find them

4. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    nm lots of stoppage time in the first half

5. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    goal

Jamaica scores at the 38th minute. Goal by King.

They go into halftime leading 1-0.

6. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Re: goal

Scotty
    How are you following it? The second I posted that I was listening to the Jamaican feed it went static. Its back now

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    I just read the FIFA link posted above.

8. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
  9. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Haiti converts in the 49th minute

1-1

10. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Haiti goal scorer : Peguero 49th minute

Currently: 61st minute

11. Nermalthecat

Nermalthecat Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Avon, CT
    If Haiti advances here, the U.S. can finally realize the dream of playing an actual road game in its own country. :)

12. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    ~79th minute

This looks like its headed for a draw (watch the Reggae Boys score now)

Damani Ralph has been subbed into the game

Fifa has a different goal scorer for the Haiti PK so who knows there.

I hope Haiti advances because they got a little too full of themselves during the US-Haiti friendly at the OB and payback would be sweet

13. Nermalthecat

Nermalthecat Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Avon, CT
    I hope St. Lucia knocks out Panama so I can take a vacation there with my wife and watch the US roll 5-0. :)

14. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    1-1 Final Score

Jamaica: M King '38
    Haiti: J Descollines or J Peguero '48 PK

Attendance: 40,000

15. Amon Ra

Amon Ra New Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Maybe that was the aim of the American ref why he called those ridiculous penalties for Haiti. That Peguero must be preparing for the platform diving competition in the Olympics he dived in that game so much.

16. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im surprised by some of these scores today. I mean Surinam and Haiti are relative minnows compared to guatemala and certainly Jamaica.

Cuba really surprised me also, but i doubt they come out and score enough to beat CR in San Jose....

17. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    40,000?
    Nice payday for US Soccer.
    They'll get an even bigger one on the 19th when Dominica "hosts" Mexico in San Antonio, Texas, USA.

18. NoSix

NoSix Member+

Feb 18, 2002
    Phoenix
    Ralph and Williams are shredding MLS defenses, yet they can't get on the pitch for Jamaica? What's up with that?

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ralph came on as a sub in the second half.

20. boyz42006

boyz42006 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Maryland

I was in Miami for the game and most of the Reggae Boyz fans are just as perplexed as you are about Damani and especially Andy not playing a bigger part in that game. For some strange reason, our coach Carl Brown, decided to leave out our 3 creative midfielders and start with 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders, a major change from the Unity Cup preparation just last week. Strangely, that was the worst I've seen us defend in years. He made a lot of other obvious blunders but top of the list was the one where he took out the goal scorer, Marlon King who looked like he was still very hungry to score, to the surprise of everyone (including the rest of his coaching staff I am assuming). The bad thing about this was that he should have put in Ralph for Ricardo Fuller who just returned from knee surgery and was limping around. Instead, Ralph came in for Marlon King way too late in the game. He looked the most dangerous player on the field all day and the best I've seen him for Jamaica. It was very frustrating. The other blunder was to put in Theodore Whitmore early in the second half to take control of the midfield. The problem here was not that he put him in the game, but the fact that he only touched the ball once in about 40 minutes, and that was after being in the game for 14 mins. One would think that a coach would tell his players to pass the ball to his creative midfielder as soon as he was injected into the game. It was a miracle that we came through that game with a draw. That game was the highest my heartrate has been in a long time.

21. balladeur

balladeur New Member

May 20, 2004
    New york
    I was at that game too, listening to these posts, you would think Haiti played no part in disrupting the jamaican game. The Haitian passing game was superior than the jamaican's. I predict Haiti will continue to win the midfield battle, they will move on to the next round to the dismay of some of you who thinks they know about football.

22. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    If I could bet on the next match I would bet that Haiti gets the 0-0 tie to advance. I have seen them play and Haiti is a solid team I would rank them somewhere around 5-6th in CONCACAF

23. 1974-2006

1974-2006 New Member

Oct 25, 2001
    Montreal
    If the game ends in a 0-0 tie, Jamaica would advance to the next round, not Haiti. They have to score to keep any hope of moving on alive.

24. Octavius Agustus

Octavius Agustus New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    33RD sTREET
    Question for those of you at the game...

What was the atmosphere like in the stadium? How much support for Jamaica in contrast to Haiti?