[R] Everton v Arsenal: Season Open

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Jondi10, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised you bother even reading their "scouting reports", Sara.

I've always wondered why they waste their time following 2nd rate American players in 3rd rate European leagues.

Maybe they hope to land a gig with the USMNT? :p

2. thetoffees

thetoffees New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    That was the worst Everton perfromances I have ever been fortunate enough to witness, I was even among the precious few who stayed to see Saha's goal, purely because I was so stunned I couldn't leave my seat!

Passion,hardwork, commitment, organisation, bywords of the David Moyes era - they were all missing on Saturday, very worrying, especially with the Europa League game on Thursday

3. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Its 1 game. Better to have it at the beginning of the season than late winter when we are fighting for silverware.

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But as thetoffees pointed out above, Everton does have two very important "silverware" matches coming up this month in the UEFA Europa League.

I don't know about you, but it was very frustrating watching the club get knocked out early on in the UEFA Cup last year after working so hard to qualify for it.

And who can forget that awful experience of getting knocked out by Villareal in the qualifying stage of the Champions League a few years back.

As I see it, about the only silverware Everton has a good chance of winning in the near future is the League Cup or the Europa League. The so-called Big 4 treat the FA Cup pretty seriously in the final rounds, so I doubt we'll win that trophy any time soon.

5. thetoffees

thetoffees New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Exactly Rocket, I reckon we have a chance of the Europa League though it does take a lot of games to get to the latter stages.
    To work so hard to get into Europe last year only to go out before the end of August would be a massive waste.

6. thetoffees

thetoffees New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Exactly Rocket, I reckon we have a chance of the Europa League though it does take a lot of games to get to the latter stages.
    To work so hard to get into Europe last year only to go out before the end of August would be a massive waste.

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that "disgusted" is strong enough to describe last weekend's viewing.