[R] All scores for Saturday on the second matchday of the bundesliga

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Vfbstuttgartfan, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Bayern - Berlin 1-1
    Marcelinho scored his second of the season to take Hertha ahead early on as Berlin continued to look promising in these first few games. Makaay would deliver and it would finish 1-1, but this was not the score Magath was looking for in his first home game in charge. As for Berlin, they may only have two points after the first two games but they have still looked very impressive.

Nürnberg - VfB 1-1
    Cacau scored to give us the lead after just 8 minutes but Nürnberg equalised ten minutes later and the game would remain 1-1. However, Cacau after two games has now equalled his goal tally of last season and is top scorer in the bundesliga. That may be a perfect example to show that perhaps Magath wasn t quite as great as he was made out to be...just a thought.

Rostock - Bremen 0 - 4
    Rostock dominated the first half however when Bremen opened the scoring through Klasnic, they fell apart. The other goals would come by Micoud, Klasnic(again) and Pasanen who scored his first ever bundesliga goal. This take Bremen to the top atleast for now.

Münchengladbach - Dortmund 2 - 3
    Dortmund came from being twice behind to win 3-2 with goals by Jensen, Koller and Ewerthon. This is a confidence boost for a Dortmund that went down 2-1 at home to Wolfsburg last week.

Schalke - Kaiserslautern 2 - 1
    Schalke, like their huge rivals would return to winning ways today as they also came from behind to beat Kaiserslautern, who had taken the lead through Jochen Seitz. The hero of the day was Asamoah, who scored both goals. Nothing yet, for Ailton, though.

Mainz - Hamburg 2 - 1
    Big congratulations to Mainz, who won their first ever Bundesliga match. They were also losing at one stage but two goals by Da Silva in two minutes gave them the three points.

1. Bremen 6pts (2)
    2. VfB 4pts (2)
    3. Nürnberg 4pts (2)
    --------------------
    16. Hannover 0pts (1)
    17. Kaiserslautern 0pts (2)
    18. Hamburg 0pts (2)

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spieltag 2 screwed me over bad! Bayern, can't believe they lost 2 points at home. And my confidence in BVB's bad form cost me as well. Dammit....

3. hertha supporter

hertha supporter New Member

May 4, 2004
    Boston, MA, USA
    Hertha have look impressive but once again the strikers have not yet put in the results...Wichnarek and Bobic still can't get shots in and I wonder when Rafael will get his chance.

But their midfield looks real good...Marcelinho and Gilberto the Brazilians are in inspired form and with Basturk coming back, things can only look up. I may be biased, but I think Hertha might have the deepest midfield units in the Bundesliga with Marcelinho, Gilberto, Basturk, Marx, Dardai, Kovac and Zecke all capable of first team action. Their defense looks more organized as well; the leaks from last year seemed closed despite the fact that no new defenders were added.

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Hertha definetely have a good midfield but i do think it is going a bit far to say that it beats Bayerns...
    About the strikers, trust me, i know how you feel, i had to live with a coach who played Kuranyi every single game. Cacau(4 goals in the two first games this year) only played about 10 games last year, and Amanatidis had to leave because Magath wouldn t play him.