Quite please! This is CMGI!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by JohnnyRev, Jul 26, 2002.

1. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both of his posts were clear that he believes ticket revenue today is more than enough. Why do you think he showed the Seattle numbers and compared the to the current cap?

I don't agree with that assertion. Ten years from now, maybe, but today, no way that could work financially.

2. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, I don't think ticket prices should be capped now. It was more of a 5-10 years down the line suggestion (after the new TV contract in 2014/2015)

Let's go back and read the second part of my post

17,000 is slightly less than the average (and median) attendance this year. 35 is a low estimate for average MLS ticket prices.

Then take into account a shirt sponsor (many multimillion deals now exist), TV money (around $30 million a year next year split between 19 teams), game day revenue (food) and it's not unreasonable to conclude that the average MLS teams is pulling in $15+ million in revenue. Teams like Vancouver and Philadelphia with big sponsorship money are almost certainly closer to $20 million.

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    He used Seattle as an example to show that ticket revenue could be enough. Also, because you were the one that brought up Seattle, and he responded to your post. That part is what is clear.

You have no idea without understanding the full financial data and having done the market research. Your entire premise is based on an unsubstantiated opinion, backed with no evidence.

4. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, we are on the same page. I also think 10 years is more realistic as I mentioned in a previous post.

I was confused by this statement you made

"I meant for MLS teams. MLS teams should cap average ticket prices."

I mistakenly read that in that you believed prices should be capped now.

We will learn a lot more in 2014 when the new tv deal(s) are set and more importantly in 2015 when the CBA expires.

5. CatKeelan

CatKeelan Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually "The Morgue" was a name that was used to describe section 120 at the old stadium on the Riders mail list long before Big Soccer was born. Doesn't mean that the young man's observation wasn't spot on.

As for incident involving the trumpet playing fan, he had been starting trying to start chants for several years from midfield and only recently appeared with the horn at that match. Jonathan Kraft was sitting on the aisle of sect. 119 around row 20 (did this approx 3 times I can remember) and tried to intercede on the fan's behalf with no success. The fan returned sans trumpet and disappeared for all intents and purposes the following year.

6. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for that..!!

However, if you're the owner/investor just sneezing should get 8-12 teamops mopes to hand you tissues! Did the Krafts own the stadium back then? Because, if not, I can see why thy wouldn't listen to him...but, Geez!

7. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    They owned the stadium before they owned the football team.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually they owned the stadium before the owned the football team. ;)

9. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Huh? :confused:

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH