Quick Q&A with AGF's Jeremiah White

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Breton Bonnette, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Breton Bonnette

Breton Bonnette New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    South Jersey
  2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice article! I hope you do follow-up on the Serbian incident. Thanks for posting the link.

3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    JW - "It has been a little over a year since your first international cap, what do feel it's going to take to find your way back onto that radar?

CHI - I think that it will take someone in the national team staff to actually come watch one of our games. I don't think anyone has come to see any of us play in Denmark which is disappointing. At the same time, I don't want to place limitations on what can and can't be done. I just want to work hard everyday and i believe everything will come from there."

This might be a question better suited for the USA Men forum, but does BB fly around to watch games. I'm pretty sure I've heard of him scouting the Mexican team and our Mexican League players Torres/Orozco in games, but what about flying over to see for example - Donovan at Munich, Dempsey at Fulham. Or to see how a player like Cherundolo or Simek is recovering from injury?

Of course, I would expect BB to scout around and watch our players in smaller European leagues like White, Parkhurst, Califf, Davies, and Zimmerman.

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he does but not the extent that you would think. He made some rounds in Europe right before Christmas to check some players out. I assume he stays in contact with players and their clubs fairly regularly. I'm sure he requests as much video as he possibly can. Bob made reference a few months ago, I believe, to fact his home (or office) is equipped with access to games he might not be able to catch via FSC, GolTV, Setanta, etc. and he does a bulk of scouting that way. I also think Nowak. Hackworth, and Sorber are sent on "assigment" over the course of a few months. Probably more so than Bob. I could be dead wrong about all this. Some of it is assumption and so of it I vaguely remember reading somewhere.

5. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006

Given that he doesn't make the rounds as often, I imagine that the guys off the beaten path in leagues not as readily available online or on Fox/GolTV/Setanta should probably have their representation teams sending videos to the USNT coaching staff routinely so they don't get lost. That should probably be a good start to keeping them on the radar.