Questions to anti-Beckham English fans

Discussion in 'England' started by DanRod78, Dec 24, 2005.

1. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    - What do you think about Beckham being the captain of England?
    - Is Beckham really one of the best 3-4 midfielders that England has (3 spots are already taken: Lampard, Gerrard & Joe Cole)
    - Do you think that the fact that Beckham being always a starter has affected England at any point?

2. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    - What do you think about Beckham being the captain of England?

Best option at the time, but the team has outgrown him. Taking it off him would be more trouble than it's worth.

- Is Beckham really one of the best 3-4 midfielders that England has (3 spots are already taken: Lampard, Gerrard & Joe Cole)

Yes, who else is there really. SWP was much better than Becks last season but he's not really playing all that much at Chelsea or showing he deserves to be. Then you're talking about the likes of Carrick and Parker.

- Do you think that the fact that Beckham being always a starter has affected England at any point?

Yes he wasn't fit at the Euro's and it showed.

Also his lack of tactical discipline really hurts the midfields shape. It also negates his strenghts I'd much rather have him on the flank in the final third whipping in crosses. Not roaming around the middle of the pitch trying absoloute miracle balls everytime he has the chance and basiclly getting in Lampard and Gerrard's way.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    If Beckham of 99 was playing, he'd be great for England. The Beckham of 05, however, is a slow petulant player with the tactical discipline of a jar of mayo.

4. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I haven't seen much of Gerrard, but I saw a game a few days ago and I was very suprised at how good he is playing.

I would think that he's England's captain just because of how he carries the team (Liverpool) but obviously that's not the case.

5. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beckham is the best crosser of the ball in the world. When he stays on the wing, he is a legend. We already have enough decent CMs (Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Parker, Carrick, Jenas, etc. To my mind, we have only one crosser of the ball whose crosses find their man every time and his name is David.

Revelian

6. BigEastEnder

BigEastEnder New Member

Dec 25, 2005
    UK
    I never liked Beckham. I always though he was a twat. As long as he brings the World Cup back to England he can wear the band

7. spursman is back

spursman is back Red Card

Dec 28, 2005
    herts, england
    true that

8. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    He's a good crosser, but nothing else. He can't play simple short passing football, he can't tackle, he can't take players on. He's very easy for a quality team to close down as unless he can play a long ball he runs out of options.

He might be a good player, but you need a good team not the best players. More often than not when he plays for England he ruins the team as his long balls and lack of tackling ability mean we never control the midfield.

Top teams like France, Portugal, Argentina and Brazil ALWAYS control the midfield against England (and all four of them have put two goals each past England the last time they played us). This is because every time we win possession, Beckham launches it 80 yards and it's back to square one. We need more intelligent players in midfield, players who can fight for the ball, and when they get the ball can play it simple rather than showing off.

<quote>Beckham is the best crosser of the ball in the world. When he stays on the wing, he is a legend. To my mind, we have only one crosser of the ball whose crosses find their man every time and his name is David.</quote>

Gerrard can cross just as well. Also he can take players on and keep possession for the team. He has more fighting spirit and more technique. Put Gerrard on the right, and have Lampard in the middle with someone like Parker who can close down the opposition so we're not overrun.

Beckham should be used as a late substitute when we're a goal down to send in corners, crosses etc.

9. spursman is back

Dec 28, 2005
    herts, england
    if he plays for england the way he plays for madrid then we're laughing. normally when i see them hes there best player

10. BigEastEnder

BigEastEnder New Member

Dec 25, 2005
    UK

Why did they red card you? I agree with you on Beckham

11. Captain_Bisciuts

Captain_Bisciuts New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Belfast, NI
    beckham always seems to do well for madrid. heck, almost every madrid goal is off a beckham assist, and as a crosser of the ball, assists are what he is all about. i think he gets critisised too often. a few years ago he was the best player for england and a perfect captain, now though he is not the best player but what use would it be handing over the armband now? as dead man typing typed, that would cause more trouble than good. and he is still the best option england have wide right so any moaning about beckham isnt really justified as there isnt really anyone who could replace him.

he is no longer englands golden boy. he has been playing for england almost ten years now. back then the names gerrard, lampard, terry, owen, rooney, cole etc were mostly unheard of. doesnt mean he has to pack up and leave though just becaus ehe is no longer enlglands great big hope.

12. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    With out any doubt Gerrard would be better on the right. That would also give cole his position back on the left, with Lampard and Parker/king in the center England would have a very effective midfield. So unfuntunatly for David the best thing he could do for England is get himself injured.

13. Captain_Bisciuts

Captain_Bisciuts New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Belfast, NI
    i knew i was telling a lie when i said beckham couldnt be replaced on the right......gerrand has been outstanding for liverpool there recently.........still i think beckham should stay where he is........maybe even playing in the centre with gerrard on the right will be the furtherest sven will go.....cant see him being dropped. he is the captain.

but maybe the friendlies will be used for this kinda thing for once...? who am i to tell sven what to do, im not even english!

14. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    England will never win the World Cup with Beckham in the team, no matter how good he is for Madrid. The facts are when he plays for England, his long balls and lack of tackling ability mean we can never keep hold of the ball so will always be beaten by top teams.

Also he doesn't put crosses in for England because he drifts inside and can't beat the full-backs now anyway, he's too slow. Maybe the slower pace of Madrid helps him but at international level he can't cut it anymore.

15. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    I watched Real Madrid vs Barca and Beckham was doing the exact same sh1t he does for england .He ran allover the pitch thinking he was superman .At one point he started drifting onto the left wing and getting in roberto carlos way.
    The dude has totally lost anything he had. Even his passing and set pieces have been diminished .
    Since he joined madrid he just seems to have turned very bad .Before he was easily the best player in most games we played.

Look how beckham was central to the disaster in Belfast .
    He played as the "quarterback" in a move which completely neutralised our entire midfield and attack in one swoop. Even lawrie sanchez was able to school this tactic .hillarious.

16. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gerrard on the right sounds good.

17. spursman is back

Dec 28, 2005
    herts, england
    you dont know what your talking about mate. your not even english are you. i can tell by the ******** you write. beckham was only drifting because the rest were useless. i mean can you say anything good about the rest of madrid.....no you cant. and beckham in the northern ireland game....do you really think it was his fault we lost? it was sven who put him there with his b u l l s h i t european tactics! and even so the whole bloody team was s h i t!!! who else can play on the right?.... you tell me

18. ChanceTheDog

ChanceTheDog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    lexington
    I think we have already mentioned Gerrard.

19. spursman is back

Dec 28, 2005
    herts, england
    gerrard is good on the right but ten times better in the middle. your another fu*king idiot.

20. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    Ask and you shall receive I guess. :rolleyes:

21. spursman is back

Dec 28, 2005
    herts, england
    eh :confused:

22. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    You aint english .I can barely make out what you typed .What language was that?? double dutch .
    another clown new poster.

Anyone with any tactical eye can see beckham is the problem .
    Yeah it was Sven who arranged the tactics in Northern Ireland .But the mistake was centering the whole tactic around beckham.

-becks constantly drifts out of position.
    -leave the right back constantly exposed.
    -roams all over midfield and hampers the game of the other midfielders
    -wastes posession with aimless long balls.
    -his set pieces have gone downhill.

either he sticks to his position on the right wing or he is useless to us.
    He isnt a central midfielder and never will be.

23. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    agreed sinner when we're in possession. although if we're playing Lampard and Gerrard in the middle, then sometimes they need him to move inside as well when we've lost the ball, otherwise its too open to counterattacks.

24. jimi hendrix

jimi hendrix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    are you suggesting you have to have about ten thousand posts to know what your talking about with football. :confused: i agree with spursman. its sven and the WHOLE team who messed up the northern irland game. if he plays the way he does for madrid in an england shirt then he will be very important to us.

25. jimi hendrix

jimi hendrix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 2, 2006
    rock 'n' roll hell
    gerrard in the middle sounds even better