Questions, questions.

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Jo, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
    Were there Spectre representatives at the supporters meeting at Atlanta? What all happened? Anything of interest?

And on an unrelated note--WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A COACH? Do you suppose we've messed up and lost both of the likely candidates?

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    From my understanding both lab99 and Mactisha were there.

Notes from the meeting are somewhere buried in the SC forum. I do believe flix will soon be posting the notes melbrown typed up earlier today in the same forum.

3. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Lab99 and Mactisha are both journeying back to their native homelands today, and should be able to report in either late tonight or tomorrow.

I got a call from both of them thar knuckleheads throughout their little excursion and it sounded like a good time was had by all!

4. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    I hope really soon. Otherwise, my question is who is in charge of the team for the September 14 game against Philly.

Of course, I'm guessing it's gonna be Tommy Tate until something changes. And didn't someone post something about Pia pulling out of consideration for the job.

Maybe Kevin figures out of sight out of mind, and has moved on to his new job without finishing up the old one. Or, maybe it's just really hard to find a competent person who wants to coach a WUSA team in the best city imaginable. It could happen??

5. This here knucklehead is still a bit brain dead. Will try to post something on summit tomorrow. lab would probably be more informative.

I just checked and flix has posted a nice recap of the early morning events (or so it seemed after so little sleep) in the Supporters Club Forum.

And yes, a good time was had by all.

As for coach, tune in tomorrow for more info.....

Charter Member of the Spectres Mac Mafia enforcer -- the evil one! I want my MAC AVATAR back!!!
    Please keep Clive Charles and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    "Whenever I have to choose between two evils, I always like to try the one I haven't tried before." - Mae WestTherefore, I shall go by the name Smactish. Think anyone will know it's me?

6. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
    I found the thread abut the supporters' meeting. Here's the link if anyone else is interested. Thanks for representing us.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9772&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

7. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    was this meeting before all the beer or after? ;)

8. Yes.

Charter Member of the Spectres Mac Mafia enforcer -- the evil one! I want my MAC AVATAR back!!!
    Please keep Clive Charles and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    "Whenever I have to choose between two evils, I always like to try the one I haven't tried before." - Mae WestTherefore, I shall go by the name Smactish. Think anyone will know it's me?

9. milbrett

milbrett New Member

Apr 9, 2000
    MA
    lol great answer! :p

10. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    In typical southern fashion . . . . . the no answer answer.

11. heritage

Wouldn't you be disappointed reading anything else? :D

I think we're getting Mighty MacMillan #8 as a coach as soon as she gets back from Kentucky. She's going to be leaving school to take the job. It's looking more and more like Smith has decided to stay with Santa Clara.....especially since he just got full custody of his son. They bring in the money factor, but how much bearing can that really have? It's not like his wife works at a fast food restaurant!

Hey knm -- where's Vampira? :confused:

Charter Member of the Spectres =Mac Mafia enforcer -- the evil one! Please keep Clive Charles and his family in your =thoughts and prayers. "Whenever I have to choose between two evils, I always =like to try the one I haven't tried before." - Mae =WestTherefore, I shall go by the name =Smactish. Think anyone will know it's me?

12. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Re: heritage

I would expect nothing but the best . . . because YOU ROCK (well, at least Mac says so anyhow)!

Mighty Mac #8 as the Spirit coach. After having witnessed her giving lab99 lessons firsthand, I'd say she'd be a fine choice. Besides, I can see her telling everyone how exactly they need to "welcome" in the long balls. That'd be about as good as watching lab do it!!

And just so you know . . . Vampira is off sucking the blood from some other office peon. It's not my week to be whipping bitch. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

13. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    no! :eek:

14. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    Re: heritage

not a bad choice at all!

15. I have returned from KY...

Thanks for all of your support guys! I am preparing the Sept. 14 lineup right now and you'll be happy to know that a certain nigerian won't be starting, but two scots and two chinese will be. That's all I can say for now...you'll have to see the rest on game day! ;)

P.S. - Had an awesome time in KY, but am glad to be back home. The drive was horrible....if I am not in louisville, I want to be in LA (vice versa), so being caught in the middle for a couple days sucked.

KNM.....the Spirit girls will learn to "welcome" the ball until it is like second nature...

16. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    Re: I have returned from KY...

who did you find and sign in the middle of the south??