Questions for Peter wilt (stadium only)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Rockey J Squirrel

Feb 27, 2003
    Brigham city Utah
    The "character" of the stadium look good.

I notice the lower bowl as a very low slope like baseball stadums. Whereas British soccer stadiums have steep slope gettting fans closer to the action on the field and out from behind the heads in front of you. What is the Justification or Arcitectural reasoning for the low slope. If the life safety codes will allow seating on a slope like the upper circle at Soldiers Field why not down next to the pitch?

RE: Old Trafford. I believe the gutter is there because they raised the pitch to improve the sight lines for the upper areas and to install better drainage without eliminating the seating or doing reconstrucion. I have considered designs with a "submarine bowl" set below field level for Photographers, staff, media crews and cables, team access to the support areas and for optional seating.

What is the snow load and wind rating for the fabric shelter/roof?

2. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

doesn't matter... as soon as it snows... the interns go up and clean it

if they die... eh

get a new free intern

ok... as liam has no money, we sell tickets for him too

jack up the price of the ticket based on where the person wants to hit bailey or liam....

if i drive to soldier field next year... i'm willing to donate my car to be beaten for raising trench money afterwards... as fate states that my car will not make it home... baseball bat or sledge hammer hit for 15 bucks or so... we can paint it up with the dallas logo or something stupid like that

3. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    ok, so he brings a Crew scarf into the office on Wednesday......i throw it in the garbage can.....i come back a few minutes later and he's got back on his chair......so i put it back in the garbage can.....if i see it one more time in the Fire office, the scarf's not going to be the only thing in the garbage can.

peter

4. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    It seems to be a better use of space. Still be able to sell merchandise but allows for more efficent use of large areas of space. Good move on the managements part. The great thing about being farther down the tunnel in stadium development is we are learning from the small mistakes that may have occured in building of the other stadiums and their plans.

5. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    The slope is steeper than the renderings look. We pushed it as much as we could, while keeping the costs reasonable. the reason the slope isn't even steeper is that the greater the slope, the greater the expense of the support structure beneath it.

don't know.

peter

6. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    Wait I think the city will give us a car for 125 bucks. I can hook you up!! :)

7. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Bingo. we have a winner.

peter

8. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    In regards to the slope.

Was there an effort to put most of the stadium underground? I assume the stands could be made steeper at a much lower cost if the stadium is built below ground, correct?

But, my two main complaints of MLS stadia so far have been the angle of the stands, and also, how far away the stands are from the field. I think the Bridgeview stadium takes care of that.

Wonderful job again, and yea, it def. helps that you have the 4th SSS in america.

My final question is, did the Metrostars last stadium design (that was released at least...) play any influence in how you guys designed the stadium? I notice some similarities.

9. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    As long as we dont have the crewzers girls type of cheerleader group up there, the weightload should be enough to hold all of us beer drinking swills.

Hey Peter. Are we going to have one hell of a kick ass opening for the players entrance for the home opener? Similar to the old lazer Fireworks shows we used to have at the old SF.

Turn off the lights and have a one time lights out lazer lights show time style introduction.! Please please. I know its not Chicago but everyone that wasnt a soccer fan that I brought to the games over the years tell me those laser gigs were some of the best they ever saw. FYI they did come back to a few more games because of it. Said it really made the league look major and well heeled. If not no biggie.

I know some of you guys are gonna give me crap about it, but hell, I like showbiz.

I bet us being out on that huge 100 acre campus away from homes and trees makes fireworks shows easier to manage as well.

10. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Yes. Water table limited the excavation to 8', which is what it will be.

No. perhaps the other way around. as is the case with Frisco's retrofitted stage.

peter

11. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Pure genius.

12. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Peter, Although I was a full season ticket holder from 98-01 when I lived in Chicago, it's not practical now that I live elsewhere. So, for all of us distant non-season-ticket fire fans. How do I put my name on the list for the Firehouse opener tickets. When will they become available?

Start a list now! It's not too early! think of the PR: "The Chicago fire announced today that the waiting-list for tickets to the 2006 home opener was already beyond capacity. However fans can still jump to the head of that list by purchasing season tickets at 1 800 MLS Fire."

Salivating over all of this...

13. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I have pictures of him in Fire gear now. He can be neutralised.

14. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I imagine this is unestablished. The first Dallas game we will 'sit' whoever bothers to show up from Texas up there.

I don't care if it's a titanium roof, if it hold 3 Dallas behemoths i'll be impressed. thankfully, they never leave their state so we won't find out.

Bahahahaha! retrofitted. Those morons can't plan for ********.

wait, beer garden or Andy Beer Garden? If it's the latter the Stage End will be as scary to play toward as the Harlem End :eek:

There is already a list ...they are taking $50 seat deposits to save a space for 2006. Incidentally, i have brochures...

15. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Do you know how it compares to Dallas?

16. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cyclone was talking about a list for individual tickets to the 2006 home opener. The $50 deposit is for season tickets isn't it?

17. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Thanks. I found my priority number on the ticket renewal invoice, so I'm all set.

18. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter,

Please tell us you're not considering opening the stadium with a non MLS match...IMO, the opener should be about the Fire and the Fire only....

Looking forward to coming out from Boston for the opener.

GPK

19. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Yeah. My fault. I doubt they would put a waiting list together for individual tickets.

20. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    There will be several "soft" openings to help ease the learning curve for traffic management, staff and the public. Don't know the order of opening events, but there will likely be several different "openings".

peter

21. Wolves1935

Wolves1935 New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Prospect Heights
    Any type of season ticket holder event for them to get in and "kick the tires" a bit and become acclimated to where there seats are and such?

22. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since each season ticket holder has a priority # I assume you will have an open house to select your seats. Do you have an idea how this will work? If you select a certain seat that a lower priority # person selects I assume you won't get them and you will have to put down several choices in order of preference?

23. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Never assume. That is all TBD.

peter

24. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Peter Wilt again.

25. Ender

Ender Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Radnor
    Oh, the Bears will play a game there?