Questions for Peter wilt (stadium only)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. I know the drawings are rough but the players entrance and built in benches will be on the east side in the middle right?Can you describe what the benches will look like. Will they be like the picture of the ones at old trafford posted on another thread?

2 where will the pub and Illinois soccer hall of fame be located, also on east side?

3 the daily southtown mentioned that there will be 1,500 club seats, where will these be located?

4. When do you expect a final decision on how high off the ground the first row will be 6 inches or 2 feet. Will the rake (elevation between rows) be the same as SF is now less or more?Who has absolute final say on these issues?

2. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell us that the pub will be open to EVERYONE.... us out of towners cannot afford to be season tix holders, but still want the complete Chicago experience, which means, a fire game in their new stadium, a pint in their pub and some blues at Buddy Guy's "Legends"...

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Any chance of getting Boulevard beers on tap in the pub?

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i believe one of the articles covered this (southtown??)

2'6" (seat level... iirc)

5. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance we can get "Chicago Fire" or symbols on the seats? I think the added touch would look great!

Good job Peter, keep up the Awesome work!

6. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    Any chance we can beat the crap out of opposing fans in our stadium and have security look the other way??

7. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    2005 will be my 3rd season with a flex plan. I'm planning on getting full season tix for 2006.

Do I need to get on the "non season ticket holder waiting list" or am I considered a season ticket holder for the purposes of 2006 seating?

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Will there be a special section for traveling away supporters?

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance of you sending me some of that sweet, sweet wheat beer?

I'd pay of course. :)

10. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost definately in the Pascante stand (the six rows in front of the stage).

11. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    I'm sure they will save a seat for you right in the middle of Section 8.

Why aren't you spelling out "CHICAGO" or "FIRE" in the seats? Doesn't seem like it would be very expensive, all you're doing is ordering x number of white seats instead of red. Plus, it would tell the whole world right away whose stadium it is.

12. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Must be done.

Also... can the Fire buy an old Chicago Fire Dept. Firetruck, re-paint it if need be, and have it stand somewhere along the stadium on a permanent basis?

I think that might be a nice touch.

13. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Why not make it a shuttle for fans, a booze cruise on land of sorts?

14. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    I'd pay for that :D

15. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    If fans are sitting in the seat, or standing in front of them, what difference does it make?

I never understood the concept of painting words into seats...I'd rather have people in the seats than care what color they are.

16. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Will there be Carlsberg on tap?

17. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Looks fantastic.

My only peeve, is that I wish the stands were just a little closer to the field, but it seems like they are much closer than at HDC where everyone is 15 feet away from the field.

The stage doesn't even look that bad (still looks awkward, but much better than I expected).

Best stadium in MLS, BY FAR. I hope RSL, Colorado, Metros, and DC look at what Wilt has done here. With what I am assuming is much less money than the Galaxy had to spend, he has helped make a stadium that has 100x more character than the HDC. I can't wait to hear Section 8 on opening day.

18. DaCrush

DaCrush New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Bridgeview

Well,

Maybe the guys at monster garage on Discovery would be kind enough to part ways with their Fire Engines. Both the Lincoln Limo Fire Truck and the Fire Truck Brewery would make GREAT additions to the FireHouse.

Here's a thought - Have the Limo fire truck pump out Beer from the Brewery truck!! Hmmmmmm BEEEERRRRRRRR UNDER PRESSSSSURE!

Thank You For your Support

DC

19. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter, the following was posted in a thread in the MLS News & Analysis forum and it jumped out at me as a great idea.

If there are plans for using the stage during games, great. If not, why not "wrap" it in flags, banners, etc. It would look amazing. A giant Fire/Chicago flag, or a giant Fire jersey, etc. Hell, a giant US flag for future qualifiers and US exhibitions. :D

Just a thought.

20. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Tentatively looking to use the stage on game days as a beer garden, activity area or set up for music for post-game parties. That entire end MAY be packaged to groups of approximately 400 who could use the stage area as their own party area.

peter

PS am kinda swamped today. Thanks everyone who showed up yesterday at the groundbreaking, for your support through the process and your suggestions, many of which have been incorporated into the design. will try to get to most of these questions later today, tomorrow and Friday.

21. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet.
    No. Thank you.

22. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    This sounds amazing. I would think you could sell the season out in one day to the youth clubs.

23. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Peter, Has anyone ever given thought to segregated seating? In a bid to foster a bigger in-stadium rivalry, maybe we could have the away supporters sit in a designated section of the ground. That way they could "do their thang", and the Section8 and the Chicago supporters could blast them away visually and vocally. Who wants to sit next to a scummy FC Dallas supporter anyway? I say sick them in a section by themselves away from the rest of the humans :) Seriously, if this model was adopted league-wide maybe it will be the case of the supporter groups trying to out yell each other, hence a better atmos. Not that Fire supporters need any help. Just a thought.

24. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Awesome...imagine, 30 years from now, Crew fans forced to ride in their own train car on the expanded Orange Line with their own entrance into the stadium, much like the PSV fans have to do at the Amsterdam ArenA.

I know, I need to lay off the shrooms.

25. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    The FC Dallas section:

[​IMG]

The Crew section:

[​IMG]

And PSV has the same hamster tube from the train station into the stadium. I've got pictures somewhere at home.