Question regarding Open Cup site...

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by SnakeEyes, Jul 1, 2005.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Hey guys, over on the Des Moines Menace thread it was posted that should we defeat Atlanta we will play the Wizards in Overland Park. I know where Overland Park is, my aunt/uncle live there, but I dunno where the game would be. Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overland Park is a way station en route to points westward. You can saddle up at the Mahaffie House in Olathe before continuing on the Oregon Trail...assuming you don't die of dysentery.

3. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Dysentery always messed my party up :/

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Well, to actually answer the question, the game will be at the Blue Valley Sports Complex. We've been playing all of our USOC home matches there for a few seasons now. It holds roughly 3000 people, with stands on one side of the field. If the other side had stands, and each side was doubled in size it could be a nice little SSS. :D
    Fun place to watch a game though. And if you're really a cheap bastard, you can get a case of beer and set in the driving range parking lot next to the field and still see the game...

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I'm thinking grab a case of Fat Tire, drink as much as I can before the game and then go in and see the game? How would that be? :)

PS.. is there out and in halftime privilages? ;)

6. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Unfortunately, there's no alcohol allowed in the parking lot for tailgates because it's on a high school campus. Your best option is to hit one of the bars in that area (there are a few... and we'll probably meet at one).

7. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    And then, bring a big cup to the parking lot and drink out of that. :)

I think people were going in and out at half time last year. Not sure though.

8. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HEY...I resemble that remark!