Question foe everone-please help!!

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ohyeah, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ohyeah

ohyeah New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    I am coaching a summer team this year that is in the 18-21 year old age group-most of the players play at the junior college level-some are just ex-highschoolers that have kept on play after high school. Well I am taking them for a week long trip to england and i have to book a couple games for them with teams from England. I have a bunch of teams that want to play us that are on different levels--MY Question is this:

What level would be equal to my players abilty? I imagine Ryman League would be way to hard for them--what step/level should I look to book for them?? has anyone evr traveled over and played in England? what level did you compete with/what teams--any help appreciated...thanks

2. I went over there with my college team... We played a variety of teams from different levels, but I don't remember who really. There are some colleges there that are good competition. Third and Fourth division teams are also not too imposing, and they usually have younger reserve players to play so they won't kick your ass too badly. I think we played some of both. What are some of the teams that want to play you? If they have hosted any American college teams that might give you an idea if your guys can handle it. Like I said though, if you are way out of your league they will probably field a side that won't embarass you.

3. mutu10

mutu10 New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    ryman prem would probably murder your college(sorry) especially if you play against a team of ex pro and experienced semi pro players, i know alot of players that have played in the usl that can t play ryman!!!

are your players all capable of playing usl??

pm me and i can help you find some decent fixtures.