Question about Liverpool - Please answer

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Eddie26, Oct 28, 2004.

1. croco dile

croco dile New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Liverpool
    liverbird

its good to know that you are educated in the way of the Peoples Republic.
    Ta la.

eddie try beatles tour

The Cavern is situated in the middle of the city centre and they probably have a monopoly on the tours. The first place you think of really when you think of the Beatles? But there are a few Beatles shops around and about. If im not mistaken there is a place by Wade Smith (a massive department store you cant miss just down the road from the Cavern) which has Beatles memorabilia and the like, which also has the piano which was originally John Lennons and later donated to the City by George Michael after bidding £1million for it in auction.

Bit of pointless trivia for you there but Scousers are also good at growing certain beneficial herbs and its what ive been doing for most of the night. :D

Anyway bud have a great time on Saturday, safe journeys and the best of luck. And any chance you can give everton a good arl tonkin' for us on saturday, please?

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as I wrote above, the "Magical Mystery Tour" is the best. You can get it early in the morning from the Cavern Club on Mathews Street in the City Centre. The tour also picks up from the Tourist Office close to the City Centre LFC store. Souvenirs can be bought there or at the shop at Anfield. If you come by train both of these are down the hill toward the Mersey as you leave the Lime Street Station.

After you are done, take a taxi to Anfield. The drivers will entertain you, although they are just as likely to be Blue S***e as Reds. You definitely don't want to walk to Anfield --- its a long way. As Croc says have a pint or three at the Alfred next door to the Kop End on Walton Breck Road. Before the game, walk around to the Anfield Road side and visit the Hillsborough Memorial. It is guaranteed to let you understand the Liverpool Football Club and its relationship with its supporters. You can also visit (and leave a few quid) at The Hillsborough Justice Campaign Office right across Walton Breck Road from the Alfred.

You are going to have a great time.

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Wish I could find my Cavern Club card.
    When I got it the Cavern was a jazz club featuring such greats as the "Mersysippi Jazz Band." and Lunchtime gigs by the "Silverbeatles"
    The brick walls would literally sweat when they got it on, humidity and human bodys..!

Great atmosphere....All gone now. But you'll still have a good time eddieba26

By the old fart.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks to all the relied.

You Liverpudlians (sp??) have an absolute top notch city. I fell in love with Liverpool on Saturday (even though it rained)! The people were amazing, the city was amazing and Anfield was incredible. I did get a ticket to the game but at halftime a guard let me sneak in. I told him I really wanted to get in, that I was American and wanted to see Anfield. He said he couldn't let me in BUT that he would turn around and if we walked real fast, he wouldn't notice. (God I love Scousers!!) and I found two empty seats, side by side, on the Kop. No idea why no one sat there, but we did. Though it sucked to see Liverpool lose.

Honestly though, I saw none of the typical stereotypes associated with Liverpool. It's got great people, wonderful pubs, a nice small town feel to a city, great people, culture, Beatles stuff, Liverpool Cathedral, The Albert (Thanks for the tip!!). I even bought a retro Liverpool jersey. I loved it (and so did my Fiance) so much that we are thinking about going back later on next year...

You truly are a classy city and people with much to be proud of.

Thanks for all the help!!

-Eddie

6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Gotcha self a whole lot of good memories, (I remember jumping the turnstyles once, Derby game couldn't get a ticket but had to get into the Kop) Sounds like you had great time especially getting into the Kop but it only happens if you make the effort.
    Great story, I'm glad you didn't listen to the Wankers...!

7. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    thanks, we try

8. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    Good to hear you had a good time, and glad to hear you did make your way into the game, and especially to get to sit on the Kop. Sounds like you got to see much of the city, whcih is one thing I missed out on when I went to England. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

9. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ta, la.

10. croco dile

croco dile New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Liverpool
    Eddieba.

Im made up mate that you enjoyed the place, especially as the weather and the team were'nt particularly up to much that day.

You will always be welcomed back buddy. Even if you may have been the jinx who cost us the game. :D