Quest Communications - is that Anshultz?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by JacksonJazz#9, Jul 28, 2002.

1. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just heard on the news that Quest communications has misstated their earning for the last 3 years....

Is Quest Communications an Anshultz property? and if so, what effect will that have on his wealth??

Dont tell me Uncle Phil is going to have an accounting scandel to deal with.... jeez not what we need!!!

2. BWMcTell

BWMcTell New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    NYC
    Although Phil does own a significant stake of Qwest(about 20%), it is a small percentage of his overall worth. He owns a lot of other stuff from railroads to movie theaters. He's very diversified.

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp No, it's Anschutz property. ;)

-G

4. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    He owns the company but he really does not have much to do with the operation of it. Plus its stock has been low for a long time now, any losses he may have seen from it have already occured. I guess he will only have 2 billion instead of 3 billion to play with now.

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know people are pooh-poohing Uncle Phil's recent ecomonic difficulties re Qwest but I still think it's something to worry about, but unfortunately we don't really have the hard numbers to have a decent debate.

There was an article in the SD Union recently (unfortunately they never linked it on their website) which quoted a few sports business types as saying Uncle Phil was "probably" going to be looking at his sports interests - specifically his soccer interests - and likely pull back from some of his investments, i.e., not be able to lose as much money as he would have been able to, say, two years ago, and certainly not be able to invest more money in them. They didn't provide any proof, but the mere fact it's being discussed in business circles says at least it's up for discussion.

6. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he would just build a f'ing stadium for Qwest, everything would be fine.