Quero ver o jogo bonito

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by tpmazembe, Jul 8, 2005.

1. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    I WANT IN PLEASE!!!! :eek: :D

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This is just a word of appreciation for tpmazembe.

Watching Brazil 4, Argentina 2 from 1999 brought back some memories, so you can imagine how watching older games made me feel.

It is amazing how the team changed. Rivaldo, Vampeta, Scheidt, Antonio Carlos...

I had NEVER seen Brazil vs. Uruguay from 1993. I had read and heard tons about how Brazil had Uruguay cornered for 90 minutes. It was no exaggeration. Brazil could and should have won by 5 or 6 goals to 0. Uruguay had 2 shots on goal as opposed to so many for Brazil. Romario was amazing.

3. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    So what's the current status on this????

4. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I would like to contribute by putting some games for all but it's in VHS and i don't have a DVD burner, would be good to send the tapes for someone that can burn it to DVD's(must have the tapes back though)

I was thinking of sharing these jogo bonito games:

Brasil-Yugoslavia World Cup 1974 opening game
    with players like Rivelino,Jairzinho,Dzajic etc

Brasil-Argentina 1981 Copa De Oro(Gold Cup)
    with Socrates,Junior,Maradona,Passarella and many more

Brasil-Chile World Cup Qualifiers 1990
    the game that put Brasil in to the World Cup and the game that Chile got suspended by FIFA
    with Careca,Bebeto,Branco,Rojas etc

5. sandokan

sandokan New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    CT
    Pololo, that would be nice but I would go against sending your originals.
    You don't want to be miserable for the rest of your life for having lend out, lost or damaged your originals.
    I don't ahve a capture card either so can't help, but what tresors you have
    my .02 cents
    Regards
    Sandokan

6. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Paolo I have a dvd burner and will surely return you're tapes without a problem,I will give you my number and so on,anything for the jogo bonito tapes,I can't find it anywhere living in New Jersey at the moment.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am waiting for the DVDs to arrive. I will let everybody know when I get them.

8. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    On reflection, I might now come in. Do I need a multi region player to view? I am based in Inglaterra.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I got the DVDs today. I will try to send it out to the next inline by Thursday ... but if not it will go out next week as I will be on the beach for the weekend.

Few Impressions from what I have seen:

- 82 Game x Arg - it was weird to watch that game first because the pace was so different. It's amazing how the game has changed. A lot more physical and more speed. Looks like the favorite thing for a player to do back then is pass the ball with a trivela. So many passes with the outside of the foot. And also a lot of back heels. Good stuff but the game actually felt more like friendly at various points as the teams never seem to have gone all out (specially Argentina when they were losing).

- 93 x Uru - Romario was great. Wow that team had such a strong midfield ... exactly as I remembered. The team played a lot more on the wings with
    Branco, Jorginho, Zinho, and even Bebeto opening wide. Jorginho was such a great player ... one of my favorites. Uruguai didn't see the color of the ball.

- 99 x Arg - Watching right now and definitely my favorite game (i hadn't seen it before). Wow !!! I don't remember ever seen the Selecao play so well. They played like it was a due or die match (more so than Bra x Arg 82). We really outplayed Argentina in this game. All players were hitting on all cylinders. Great passing, 1-2s, awesome dribbles, beatufull goals. It's surprising they had such a tough time qualifying for 2002 when you watch this game. Even the midfield/defense were pressuring the ball very well (not our strength in the last 4 years). The only bad thing about this game is ... Galvao Bueno. Oh well, better than the spanish commentadors.

Thanks TPMAZEMBE !!!! Any other games you may have (2 x 0 Arg in Copa America 89 ?)

10. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Nice commentary...Please try to send it out by Thursday,I've been dying to see this games for years now but haven't found them for sale anywhere :( :(
    I think there are 3 or 4 people still in front of me so please try to get it sent by Thursday,I'm on the N.America list as I am staying in New Jersey at the moment.

11. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I loved the 1999 game most as well. Rivaldo was amazing! I don't see the reason why people remember the 1982 WC team so fondly, often considering them the best/second best Brazil team ever. Probably because of the goals they scored...all goals scored by that team were things of beauty. It was, however, a side with an incredible midfield and ordinary everything else (maybe if Careca was fit, it would have been different). I have seen better Brazil teams than that one...esp with the advent of Romario, Bebeto...then the great 1997 side featuring Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Bebeto, Juninho, Denilson, Edmundo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Dunga, Aldair, Emerson, Tafarel...the list goes on. The current side is great too. WC 2002 team may not have had the flair, but it was the most balanced side of all.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I completely agree !!! Everybody was in so in synch on this game. Every combination, every pass was just perfect. The players just knew where everybody was. For me this was better than the 2005 Confed. Cup Final in terms of game dominance.

13. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    De novo............

"On reflection, I might now come in. Do I need a multi region player to view? I am based in Inglaterra."

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think you would need it because they were recorded from VHS. TPMAZEMBE probably has to clarify for us.

One set went to Europe ... maybe you can contact the last person that had it.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    N.America
    Kaushik - Toronto, Canada - Received set I (issue w/ Bra x USSR disc)
    Benito- Miami, Fl--USA - Received set II
    Cool Rob- Chicago, IL, USA - Received sets I & II
    Century's Best - New Jersey, USA - Received set I
    Arun - EDISON,NJ ,USA - Received set II
    Celito - Morrisville, NC, USA - Received set I
    Ricardao - Saskatoon, Canada - to receive set II from Arun
    DerMongerer - Toronto, Canada
    GugaRio - USA
    brazil_forever - Brooklyn, NY
    sendokan - CT, USA
    R9Magia - New Jersey,USA

Europe
    Dark Savante - England - Received
    0-Point - England - Received
    comme - England - Received
    pololo - Sweden - Received

Brasil
    girco - Taubaté, São Paulo, Brasil - Received

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    DerMongerer has not answered my message. So I am contacting the next in list GugaRio.

17. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Hopefully GugaRio, Brazilforever and sendoken do not answer your messages either ;) :D

18. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Can I come in then? I am in England.

19. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    It would be easier for you because there are less people in Europe and I believe they have all recieved it so you would be next on the list by default :D

20. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    See my PM. Obrigado.

21. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I want in and am based in England. Which guy is holdng in England?!!

22. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Denilson,this is the list. You would be on the Europe one so I think the man you need to contact is either Pololo in Sweden or Comme in England.

23. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Celito what is the update?

24. sandokan

sandokan New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    CT
    any news on the status?

Sorry R9magia, I will hold the set :p before you ;)

Regards,
    Sandokan

25. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Damn. I wish I had been able to enter the chain. Somebody let me know next time this is done. :)