Que Jugadores NO deberian de estar en la Seleccion en este momento?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El Chompiras, Jun 5, 2008.

1. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    alright guys, who?

2. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sergio Santana
    Ponce
    and although he is not a player, Chucho Ramirez.

3. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oswaldo.

Why he is still being called up is a question that no one knows the answer to.

4. Chingadazos1

Chingadazos1 New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Chicago
    osvaldo, ponce, perez.....that's all i have seen......oh Zinha....he hasn't done shit.

5. Dos Santos

Dos Santos Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So.Cal
    Zinha had an okay match and he did score.

He showed pretty good ball control early on too.

Its hard to say who needs to go since we haven't had a solid lineup since the Copa America.. Its always new players. We never seem to have a consistent lineup. Seems like we're always experimenting with players. Even though some of the players that are called up really don't belong its hard to say which one though. Even some Euros haven't showed their true form.

6. mexifrida

mexifrida Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ponce, perez, aldrete, i'm also not liking torrado too much these days.

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It is a bit unfair to name the players that played badly against Argentina. This reminds me when Meza was coach, because his tactics were off, many players he called up looked bad and were left off the national team.

Sven will be observing the MFL games and I am sure he will call many of the same players that were on the pitch today. Despite the amount of Euros, he will need to work with the domestic players the most since they will be the most available to him.

8. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Since moving back to Mexico Gerrardo's form hasn't even been close to what it was back when he was in Europe. despite him not figuring in too regularly in Sevilla he performances were better than Mexican league players who were key to their teams. How he got called up to even the last WC I didn't understand now or then. Of course I don't hold it against him that the transfer was also due to the big payday he rightfully deserved for all his toiling away in Europe from small club to small club trying to make a name for himself.

For years now no one can touch Oswaldo domestically, he's has been best for how many years, but come National Team time his time has been miserable I think. I don't know it seems he needs much more time to develop a solid understanding with his backline then the week or two alloted in call-ups. Of course one disadvantage Oswaldo has had for a long time now is that they always keep changing who gets called up and who makes up the backline so developing an understanding is harder than in the days of Campos and Rios.

Or maybe in the end could it be that many players are taking call-ups as holidays just like it was brought up for the England players. Remember in years past during training camps the TV camera crews would follow the whole team to the local mall on their shopping excursions or in Coyote's case pistiaderas and puterias :).

9. BeHereNow

BeHereNow Member

Sep 1, 2007
    California
    Chucho y sus putos sub 17 que se vallan al ************. Viera convocado a los que esten en mejor momento.

Magallon, Ososrio, Torrado, Pineda, estos gueyes o que lla no los llamen completamente, o que les den oportunidad a otros.

10. mojostang73

mojostang73 New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    TEXAS
    Perez, Osorio and Oswaldo. That guy stinks. I don't buy he that he hasn't had the time to adapt to the players. He's been around how many years now? He is overblown overrated. Period.

11. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Pineda, Terrible. We deserve to lose with this guy getting a call up.

Aldrete, not ready to be playing against the Argentine senior team yet.

Santana, club material and not national team material. I wasent against trying him out to see what he's got, but now that we've seen him, i think he needs to go on another run again with Chivas before he gets another call up. The Jersey seems to fit him a bit large, and Argentina is way too much for him, therfore he shouldn't be playing with el tri in 2010.

Osorio, just because he plays in europe doesn't mean he should play for the national team. I think we've come a long way and we're past the stage where the Mexican national team starts players just because they play in Germany. Osorio should be the first to be made an example of, just because your in europe doesn't mean you've got a guaranteed seat. He's been playing terrible. He will have to earn it. Other examples of having to earn there spot are Omar Bravo and Maza. These guys are now playing in powerful european teams, but like i've already repeated several times, europe doesn't guarantee you a spot on the national team.

Luis Perez, nuff said.

Oswaldo Snachez, still a great keeper, but Ochoa is the man now and there is no reason to srip him of as much experiance as much as possible from now on, he's only going to get better, the more games he plays the scarier he can become.

Salcido, no i'm not calling for Salcido's retirement from the national team YET, but if he keeps this form up (very poor and unacceptable...for many many games now) than the big head can go and retire in Holland, and be another example, like his underperforming buddy Osorio.

12. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Luis Perez. That dude gets pushed around even by the weakest guys. Brings nothing to the table.

Tronketti. I gotta admit, I enjoyed the goals his done. Right now he is not much ,…and…, the museum called… they want their fossil back. Good for serious bench warming and porras.

Oswaldo. His age makes him every time more uncoordinated. Sort of stupid. Slow and is the equivalent of a keeper that has one arm. Dude's just old. keep him as a 3rd keeper at best.

Osorio. I think he is just ok but he is not "starter" material. bench maybe. Beside he is too frail. I feel sad when i see him defending against those 6 foot tall European dudes.

Salcido. He is good. No doubt. Huge Ego. Needs the gtfo of PSV if he wants to be the fighter he once was before his PSV days. Some La liga or EPL action could straighten his game a bit, and some bench warming in the NT to make him realize he is not what he was and he can be disposable if he doesn't change his attitude.

Santana. Could be NT material as long as we are playing Concacaf teams. WC, copa america, etc… bring someone else.

Chucho. You are good at developing youth talent. Very very good indeed. Stick to that for now. You are not ready to take youth talent into serious professional or world class grown up talents.

13. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aldrete was scared out there, overwhelmed.

14. tnylnc

tnylnc New Member

May 7, 2008
    torrado is good player to have as defense in the sense that he is aggressive and puts pressure but his tactics are very much off. I mean he got an unnecessary yellow within 15-10 min. which gave the args. a great advantage; in the first goal scored he made the mistake of not clearing the ball right. He basically gave an assist to the agr. defender. I looked at the play and saw he cleared the ball to where no green shirts were. So I would not put him back in the line up until his game got straight.

The second player I would leave out is Santanta. He was very inactive in the first half and looked like an amateur at best, when he handled the ball. Vela at least gave the opposition something to think about.

Last player is probably magallon only because for a defender he is pretty frail looking and often gets handled, physically. But tactically he's on a different level than torrado. So i would take torrado out of the line up before i would take out magallon.

15. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gonzalo Pineda's never done much

I hope El Venado never gets called back

Luis Ernesto Perez should be deported and given Guatemalan citizenship or someshit

16. Extra!

Extra! BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 20, 2006
    Lo vengo diciendo desde Copa Confederaciones de Alemania (antes del mundial pasado). Ricardo Osorio es una basura como jugador. Aparte de ser malisimo tecnicamente es muy fragil y debil frente a jugadores rapidos y mas corpulentos que el, aparte hace muy malas decisiones y a cada rato la caga, es timorato, es lento, cobarde a las entradas duras... en fin, no sirve para nada! No entiendo como es que lo contrataron para jugar en Europa. A mi me da risa, y pena a la vez, ver como trapean el piso con el pobre Osorio alla en la liga alemana.

Oswaldo Sanchez - hace varios años afirme que Oswaldo Sanchez sera muy bueno en el torneo mexicano, y lo que quieran, pero no es material de seleccion... no es portero de clase mundial. Nunca lo ha sido, nunca lo sera, y en este partido quedo mas que comprobado. En la pasada Copa de Oro fue él el culpable (junto con Pavel Pardo) de que Mexico perdiera el partido contra Honduras y que a la postre elimino a Mexico de ese torneo. Tiempo despues en Copa America tambien fue él el que mayor culpa tuvo cuando se perdio contra Arjentina en Semifinales ya que cuando Mexico estaba jugando mejor que los arjentinos, Oswaldo les regalo un gol ya casi por terminar el primer tiempo.

Carlos Salcido - A este guey se le ha inflado la cabeza de jugar en el PSV. Pobre guey quien se cree que es? Lionel Messi o que onda? Es malisimo este tronco.

Johnny Magallon - Otro troncazo que nomas no sirve para nada. Su mejor momento, que dudo lo vuelva a repetir, es cuando anoto los 2 goles contra Estados Unidos. A este guey nomas de verlo caminar me revienta los guevos!

Gonzalo Pineda (otro baboso de antología), Gerardo Torrado, Pavel Pardo, Luis Perez, Adrian Alderete (cero tecnica y miedoso) si tuvieran un poquito de verguenza renunciarian para siempre a la seleccion.

Otros que ahora no estan pero que ojala nunca mas regresen: 'el chato' Rodriguez, Israel Lopez y otros mas que por el momento no recuerdo.

17. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Oswaldo has always been overhyped by the media and coaches eat it up. This guy should have been of the team long time ago. People confuse his yelling antics as "leadership". What a joke.

Pineda has nothing to offer.
    Lucho even less.
    Osorio should have never been called again. Sadly the belief in Mexico is that if you play in Europe, you are automatically in. Big mistake in this case.

Salcido needs to humble down, I would not take him off, but sit him down Conejo style.

Santana. Please leave now, you can keep the jersey as a souvenir. At least you got to come shoping for your A&F gay clothes. Now go home.

Aldrete. WHO?

Torrado has to go, another case of a bit of over hype and he is lucky there are few in Mexico that play as hard as him in that position, but really. how many times does this guy mess up pases? get unnecessary cards. Brute force can only take you so far.

18. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

While I agree he shouldn't be starting, I dont' question the call-up if we have 3 gk. I think Corona should get a shot at the starting spot.

19. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Why? you have Memo, Michell and Corona.

20. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I agree with your quotes on Oswaldo. I don't know why chucho started him, if Corona has been practicing with the squad for over a week now. I'm sure the communications would have been better.....dumb coaching move

21. pablo86

pablo86 Member

Dec 13, 2007
    The Valley, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I'm sorry but I disagree with u on this one

22. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Joder no lo has visto jugar o que? tronco? el wey sabe donde estar, no se si te abras dado cuenta pero por alguna extraña razon... Messi no se lo llevo, el Kun no se lo llevo, mmm debe de ser malisimo, sabia tan bien donde estar que el wey saco el que hubiera sido el primer gol de argentina, Ok no sera un Rafa Marquez, y no tiene la compleccion de un defensa central, pero aun asi no se me ocurre mejor banca, o es que prefieres a Huiqui? o quiza te vayas por Claudio Suarez?, si lo llaman de seguro juega el wey. Si no quieres a Salcido y Osorio, necesitas a huevo a Magallon.

Exelente idea quedemonos solo con correa de contencion, no vamos a tener tanto control de balon pero a quien le importa? no vamos a tener a nuestros troncontenciones jugando y todos estaremos contentos, si se llegara a lesionar correa, no hay pedo subimos a marquez, al fin y al cabo estaria el gringo castro por derecha (en lugar de osorio) y maza por izquierda (en lugar de salcido), nada pasaria malo con esa defensa, y solucionamos el no tener contencion, en el peor de los casos se lesionan rafa y correa, metemos mas enganches y ya, weyes que no van a ser nada defensivo, pero que igual sirven adelante, si es que tocan el balon sin un contencion no?

23. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think Extra!! exagerrated a bit because he's mad like the rest of us. We looked like a f*cken high school team yesterday

24. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyone who has Magallon on their list is ********ing clueless. Please, GTFO.

25. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    :D:D