Quaresma is back [R]

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 14, 2004.

1. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    let see who has more goals now.... now im not taking sides but yeah cr did alot for portugal he is our cornerstone.... but quaresma seems maturing and becoming a total player ronaldo seems to do tricks and create chances and not going for goal.

anyways i think highly of them just like i think highly for ricardo vaz te,tiago gomes.

2. Porto#1

Porto#1 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Toronto/Portugal
    I am a huge fan of both players but without a doubt Quaresma has been better this year. He almost pulled off that crazy side footed goal off against Sporting yesturday again and has been playing much better defensively all season

3. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    defense wow then he is starting to be a total player

4. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ronaldo was being rested today for Champions League, but he came in at the 70th and changed the game, you had to see the first run he made as soon as he got on it was magic, got by 3 players like it was nothing!

anyways hands down CR is a better player i think!

5. Atlantic-Pearl

Atlantic-Pearl New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    yes ronaldo was amazing when he came on.

this is from The Observer:

Man of the match: Cristiano Ronaldo - Only on the field for 25 minutes, but they were Manchester United's best and brightest 25 minutes. Ronaldo turned a dreary game into an easy win, reminded the crowd of why they had turned up, and laid on a simple tap-in for Van Nistelrooy late on. Every bit as important to United as the short, stocky one.(rooney - lol)

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1657453,00.html

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    the game with Sporting Quaresma got a 8 and he was named the best player of the game

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    He was vary solid that game and showed alot of confidence. What surprised me was that I saw him on the left side alot in that game, yet on the NT he is on the bench because Renaldo plays on the right side ????? Start big Q on the left side. He looked solid to me. ;)

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Quaresma his having a great season, just fantastick, I will be surprise if Scolari doesn't give this kid another opportunity

9. Atlantic-Pearl

Atlantic-Pearl New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    but not at ronaldo's expense

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    both players can play, they did it with the U21 team, and both players can play left and right

11. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    im sick of this saying ronaldos the best....quaresma is the best....

they are both talented individuals....cr has a mind of its own which is showing me man u without ronaldo would be in trouble....

ricardo quaresma does it all....he has impressed since being that cocky arrogant type....he is maturing and he playing on the right is better....

the wc with these to on the flanks would be a treat to watch.... stop with all this hes better nonsense.... they both are.... im out

12. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
    I totally Agree.... They both are extremly talented individuals. Ronaldo sometimes does things that completly amaze me, but so does Quaresma.. If Quaresma does not make the world cup squad I would be completly pissed. If he is on, putting him and ronaldo on different flanks would completly destroy defenders.. I mean Your going to try on double team both flanks soo that just leaves openings for the middle.. It would be an amazing thing to watch.

13. Porto#1

Porto#1 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Toronto/Portugal
    Quaresma on one side and Ronaldo on they other = a big time dizzy spell for the defenders. If I was on the opposing team defender and knew the night before that Scolari would use both at the same time, I might have night terrors :D

14. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
  15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh wow...That was pretyy good. The music was terrible. I am going to add it to my collection at my home.

16. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    joelzinho i tried your video but doesnt work....maybe outdated anyways im working on a trilogy at my recording studio doing the euros 2004 to pay tribute....

i got the por vz england....port vs greece....and dont worry the music will be in good taste.

17. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    theres a guy HERO who makes wicked videos i think he is based in vancouver....

im trying to get in touch to do a video tribute to portugal in the past decade....

sort of like a documentary.... we need to put portugal on the map in music and in movies. :D

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cool man...Cant wait to see it

Heres my amateur video....RE-UP!

http://rapidshare.de/files/8626924/Ronaldo_vs_Portsmith.wmv.html

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    another strong game for Quaresma, left the game against Penafiel with 22m to go, with a standing ovation, Adrianese send him early to get a shower, important game for Porto, Thursday in Guimaraes

if he doesn't get a call for the World Cup Scolari got be blind,

20. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

I pretty much think everyones knows the answer...Quaresma will play for the U-21S........iT will be shamefull not to see this kid in the WC........

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    do you think Scolari his that stupid?

22. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Quaresma is one of the best players in our league but even still, he may be a victim of our depth on the wings. We have to see what form Figo, Ronaldo, Simao, Boa Morte are in when the WC comes. Right now I think he is too good to be left out.

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quaresma is not ready for the NT...doesn't work hard on every play.

He needs to improve his defending and truly become a team player, not just from time to time.

He is still very immature and once he gets his act together he will be given a shot on the NT.

24. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

The word would be stubborn..........YES

25. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

And Hugo Viana is ready? ;)