Quaresma is back [R]

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 14, 2004.

1. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
  2. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    who started using that move first the one Cr7 and quaresma do alot, when there running one way and hit the ball backwards and change direction, or hit it to the side and change direction? and heres a question whos more effective in a game, and who would you rather have on your team?

3. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    The first guy I ever saw do that move was Denilson of Brasil. Heck, I still remember trying in training.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thats my dream midfield, Although I wouldnt mind costinha stepping in for Maniche...But regardless everyone could handle the ball extremely well. Even Manuel Fernandes has incredible ball handling skills, he teases the defenders!

5. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    your right about that....

funny i didnt even knew who cr was before the euros when he was training he did alot of tricks and he made a huge impact for portugal.

but dont you find it odd if quaresma showed him tricks what a quick learner cr was.... i think the guy started playing soccer when he was 12.... so im surprised but yeah talent is talent.... its dedication man im sure i know a few tricks myself cause i practiced it.

i still think cr has a better upside....

but quaresma has better tricks the under 21 game vz luxem wow!~

yep what a tandem.... the future is bright i guess karma does get you in the ass right refs.... :eek:

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    in my opinion his been one of the best three players in the superliga

7. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    whos your first two best players?

hugo almeida and nelson

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Marcel
    Quaresma
    Nuno Gomes

that's my opinion :)

Nuno Gomes went down the last couple weeks, he was first in my list for a long time

Nelson was also there but lost his place to Quaresma

Simao lost his place to Marcel

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well i saw quaresma do it.... but what you saying is who is emulating who nobody.... they both grew up in the academy,probably exchange tricks and practiced them.... dedication and passion....thats all it takes

this tandem at the world cup would make alot of fans go whooo.... :)

who would you rather have on a team

ricardo quaresma cause he scores goals.... cr does his tricks, passes and crosses more.... but thats his role with man u....for portugal both guys will have to mix it up.

lets face it italy has toni and cassano which i rate highely but whos your best player right now? im half-italien and i follow the serie a....

i think luca toni and gilardino are incredible players.

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

marcel is playing with academica and is he portuguese? :confused:

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    \
    I taught you ask, who's the best players in the portuguese league?

my three including foreingers

1. Marcel , he his brazilian
    2. Quaresma
    3. Nuno Gomes

when Nelson was at the top he was still under the Cape Verde flag

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    nah but you have a vast of knowledge with players i dont....thanx my amigo.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

everybody got there opinion, and I respect everybody's, because impossible for everybody to have the same opinion,

next week I my make changes on my three, I go week by week

thanks amigo :D

14. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Italys best player hands down Totti, and you even have Andrea Pirlo is becoming better and better each game he plays.

Gilardino and Toni do not even come close to the skill that Antonio Cassano has, he hasnt been playing due to conflict with his contract, so roma want him to sign or he is gonna be benched, but he just started to play again its been 2 games now and he scored and assisted a goal. I think this would be incredible

---Cassano---------Toni--------
    ----------- TOTTI--------------

and.. you guys have been sayin Quaresma broke into the first team before CR at sporting but Quaresma is 2 years older than CR, how old was Quaresma when he broke into the first team 20? 19? that means that Cristiano would have to be in the first team at 17 years old, not even Quaresma broke into the first team at that age. Quaresma went to barca and had no sucess, Ronaldo is a first team regular at one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

this is just my opinion

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah but when cr signed with man u thats whn he started making an impact as far as quaresma he is two years older and sucked bad in barca.... but he is adapting well with porto....all im saying is there both even but quaresma seems like the guy that can score more goals and ronaldo oftens creates chance as that is what he does best.... break the defense and pass.

as far as cassano the guy has good tricks but has anger issues....toni has bigger upside doesnt he....

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Quaresma in a U21 and Ronaldo also a U 21 check the dates, but its got be a few months between the two, I will be surprise if Quaresma got 1 year on him

17. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Cristiano made it to the national team before Quaresma, while quaresma was still in the under 21 ronaldo at 19 participated in Euro 2004.

And Quaresma seems that he sucks with his left foot, all his shots coming from the right cutting in are with his outside of his right foot like the banana shot. CR is good with both feet.

18. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    that was just a fluke accident.... hey made the team for unknown reasons.... but it paid off.

still they are more mature now and experience will for cr would be better fitted then quaresma....

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i think he plays well with both

but it gets the job done.... :)

20. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma

once in a while

and was cristiano a fluke being part of the National team at Euro? He was doing good with Man U so they put him on the team. And did you know how CR got to Man U? It was after Man u played Sporting, all the players told Sir Alex that that kid had got skill, hes an amazing winger, and all that, and most of this came from Van Nistelrooy. And so they bought him. Was Quaresma on the team when Man U played them?

21. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i understand but cr playing well ok.... he was young at that time they were impressed by him but never knew the impact he would make....

agree with whats been said both these kids have a great future.... im out debating

22. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Right now Quaresma is in FAR better form than CR, although CR has had a lot of personal issues. Quaresma has certain rough spots in his game, but so does CR. Nonetheless, both are incredibly talented and can change a game in the flash of an eye.

In regards to Quaresma at Barca, he didn't exactly have coaches who were all that great with youth, and then he got into a bustup with Rijkaardt. CR had Sir Alex, who is renown for what he can do with youth.

And no, Quaresma did not play in the game versus Manchester, they had already packed his bags for Barca.

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I like this article, I think it hit it right on the money, that Quaresma belong in the world cup team, and that we got a international referee Lucilio Baptista that he doesn't belong a shadow of our international referee's like Vitor Pereira, Francisco Garrido, etc.

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=690372&idCanal=1052

Os internacionais

O clássico do Dragão fez-nos contemplar duas realidades distintas. Portugal tem um grande jogador arredado da Selecção principal e um árbitro medíocre que é... internacional.

Ricardo Quaresma confirma partida após partida que está entre os melhores alas nacionais. Uma eventual exclusão da convocatória para a fase final do Mundial da Alemanha seria assim desprovida de qualquer sentido. Scolari já nos preparou para o pior cenário, dizendo que o treinador dos Sub-21, Agostinho Oliveira, tinha primazia na escolha dos jogadores para o Europeu da categoria. O treinador dos AA também nos habituou, contudo, a rasgos de bom senso na hora da verdade. Haja esperança.

Quem tem um estatuto imerecido é Lucílio Baptista. E há vários anos. Trata-se, acima de tudo, de um árbitro antiespectáculo, que pára o jogo ao pressentir que um lance mais confuso se avizinha. Ontem irritou os intervenientes com os erros cometidos mas também todos aqueles que gostam de ver futebol.

Data: Sabado, 3 de Dezembro de 2005 04:00:00

INFORMAÇÃO COMPLETA NA EDIÇÃO IMPRESSA DE Record

24. Atlantic-Pearl

Atlantic-Pearl New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    i can't believe some of you are ready to turn your backs on ronaldo and pick quaresma ahead of him even though ronaldo did so much for portugal.ronaldo's going through a tough time and instead of supporting him 100%, some of you are already discussing replacing him.have faith and be loyal.he's already picking up his form for united and in no time, given that he's not hit with anymore tragedy, he'll be back to his best again.even when he's not in form, ronaldo creates goals for portugal like it's a second habit.

25. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    everyone is agreeing that both players are great. each player has his own advantages, ppl are just saying that quaresma is in better form. also, figo's ability to play the full 90 day in and day out in germany is a bit suspect, so having some one like quaresma to be able to come in would be a huge plus