Quaresma is back [R]

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I spend 1 hour looking for his thread, but was worth the men been on fire, like his a mission, big improvement over last season

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thats right, some people still claim he is a ball hog, etc but to me he has been arguably so far Portos best player this season overall.

4. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    I think he's going to Germany. Don't you? For the World Cup, I mean.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    the roster will be extended for the world cup, and a good show in the U21 European Cup could be beneficial to players like Quaresma, Manuel Fernandes, Moutinho, and Hugo Almeida to make the team, only time will tell

6. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    I think Quaresma will make the WC roster only if he continues to pass the ball more often and doesnt do all these pointless crazy dribbles when no one is on him,ive seen him do his dribbles and there nice but he should only do them when they are needed not when your just alone on the wing but thats my opinion

7. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    i see what you are saying benficafan, but that is just pair of his flair and flamboyance. so many players, like cristiano and ronaldinho, do it as a part of their game and it is very entertaining when it can be combined with some productive work. he has assisted a lot of goals for porto this season and chipped in with a few goals as well. as long as he continues that and progresses on his passing a bit, he should be fine.

8. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes if he keeps it up I think he will. Probably be Figo ,Ronaldo , Simao, Quaresma or Boa Morte, its going to be a very tough decision for Scolari. But in our 23 man squad for Euro 04 I think we only had 3 wingers in Figo, Ronaldo, Simao so I dont know if Scolari will bring 4 this time but who knows.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think Quaresma and Manuel Fernandes will get the nod. The question is will they play enough to make an impact?

10. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    If given a chance i think they can

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can see Quaresma being subbed in for Ronaldo when Ronaldo is tired. The defense would feel releived that they dont have to worry about Ronaldo speed and tricks, but opppps, in come Quaresma, doesnt have as much speed but still a good amount and more tricks then Ronaldo...could give the defense nightmares....

Manuel Fernandes I can see starting over Maniche......

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    all i know is we will have a different nucleus of players quaresma and fernandes will mos def be there.... probably even moutinho....

let the kids play who knows there make an impact but we do need fresh legs thats whats lacking witht th nt.

13. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    He needs to GTFO of Russia in January, he is rotting there. If he can regain his Euro2004 midfield engine form, then I doubt MF will get the nod, otherwise it will be up to stubborn Scolari to decide when enough is enough and to put the youngin in.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    very true and its killing him he wants to comeback but he went for the money rather then playing for a good team.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is he really playing that bad in Russia?

I kind of want Manuel Fernandes to start because i think we need some fresh talent to combine with our veteran mentality. Plus I also think Manuel Fernades is good. His passing is excellent, can spray it around through the air as well.....

I guess its all up to Maniche whenther he starts or not, but he should at least be on the team.

16. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i dont think Quaresma will start, but they will take him to Germany thats for sure. But hes a wanna-be Cristiano Ronaldo.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not really. We got a whole bunch of players that can dribble like them. Maybe just not to the extent of Quaresma or Ronaldo. Dont be fouled though, Quaresma has more tricks then Ronaldo.

18. XXXL

XXXL New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Sweden
    I have seen Quaresma atleast 20 times when he was at Sporting know and i can assure you folks that when it comes to tricks Ronaldo is just a little brat comparing to him

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    But Ronaldo gets a job Done, Quaresma still needs to work on a few things. I do admit, Quaresma can pull a move out of nowhere.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Definitly... But Ronaldo uses alot more speed to his moves then Quaresma.

Quaresma is so smooth some times though!

But Ronaldo is so fast!

21. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you guys forget that they were friends at the academy and probably exchanged some tricks....

but heres the comparisons:
    CRISTIANO RONALDO:fast,tall,agile,good header,quick feet,good vision,good shot.

RICARDO QUARESMA:cocky,nice passer.good sense,more tricks then ronaldo,good shot,very creative,dribbling trouble sometimes :eek:

i say the edge goes to cr but quaresma is nearing his plateau and maturing which im surprised he has done.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Good assesment. But i definitly think Quaresma's shot is better then Ronaldo's at this point.

23. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004

Quaresma brokeinto the sporting first team a year before c ronaldo, he was doing his tircks long before anyone outside of portugal heard of ronaldo,im pretty sure quaresma taught ronaldo a thing or to :D

God I love quaresma..i honestly think if quaresma keeps on his form the midfield of:

quaresma-maniche-deco-m fernandes- ronaldo

would tear through anyone..although maybe its a little to attacking..

then figo can come in for quaresma with 40minutes left, and the defenders ******** themselves :p

24. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    kk honestly, i seen Quaresma a couple of times, but never knew he was the cristiano type then i downloaded a CR7 vs Quaresma compilation, and im like :eek: cuz im a huge CR7 FAN! and im like that B@st@rd lol! cuz i thought he trys to be like him, but now you guys say he has more moves than ronaldo, that sick. Anyone got a good compilation? Thanks

25. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    oh buddy you have no idea, Quaresma has more tricks then a damn magican, alot of fans call him harry potter :p

Quaresma has a better shot and cross then ronaldo, except hes not as fast, but hes still quick..

ill try to find some comps for you