Qualifiers 2016 - Brazil (Quito) and Peru (Lima)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Quilotoa, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bielsa, Martino, Gallardo? This ain't Mejico guys. It's cool to dream and all but that ain't happening.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    its sad but true.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Fossati and Gallardo seam like the best realistic options to me. I just hope Gallardo comes up in FEF radar. We still have to get rid of Quinteros who knows when FEF will wake up and pull the trigger.

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador league has hired some pretty spectacular head coaches. I don't know why they wouldn't want to come here if we offer a good deal. It's a South American team. A chance to battle it out with the best in the world, and with a team that has talent but needs the right coach. IMO now with the fat pig out the only reason not to sign here would be the $$$.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #330 javer, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Most have moved on to better and bigger things. Jorge Sampaoli in Sevilla, Pablo Repetto in UAE, Manuel Pellegrini went to China after Man City, Bauza coaching Argentina, Jorge Fossati in Quatar. All these guys recently joined new teams except for Fossati. He is our only realistic option. Any one else I missed ?

I think if Chiriboga didnt do Vizuete dirty he could have been in the Middle East making good money maybe even coaching El Salvador or Honduras or another small Concacaf Team.

6. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Remember when Sampaoli was one of the candidates for our national team coach after the 2010 world cup ended and he was still with Emelec ? Chiriboga se iso el esterido and went with Rueda instead? Look at Chile under Sampaoli he did wonders with them, I think he could have done a lot of good especially with changing the way our team played and playing new systems had we given him a chance. Same with Bauza another candidate after Vizuete was canned in 2015 and again we lost the ********ing opportunity. Our FEF guys are straight up idiots. Our FEF guys see it in this way, if our coach isn't a well known coach like Pelligrini, Passarella, Simeone, Mourinho, Sven-Goren Ericksson .etc then forget it, they will go for the most mediocre option in our case both times Rueda and Quinteros who literally lasted 4-5 matches with Bolivia.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey mang, simeone, mouriño? You need to go outside a lil.

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sigh....

Liga fans...

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  10. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    You misunderstood, what I meant is that if the options for someone with a big reputation like Pelligrini, Bielsa or Carlos Bianchi are off the table, instead of going for a coach with a good record but a name that is not recognizable like Bauza or Sampaoli they always go for the most mediocre coaches like Rueda or Quinteros. My point is if I have to pick between Repetto or Bauza or Sampaoli I'd take them over coaches like Rueda, Quinteros and Jorge Luis Pinto who have all failed with the national teams they have coached .

11. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We had the chance of getting Sampaoli while his contract was close to being over at Emelec, the FEF instead went with Rueda. Look at Rueda's record' he failed with Colombia, Honduras and Ecuador recently. Sampaoli never had national team experience and he carried the Chilean team to heights that not even a great coach with national team coaching experience like Bielsa took them.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Quinteros is making about $1 million per year. And obviously that's because we're low balling him to coach. I don't think we could actually double a salary, but 25% or maybe 30% might actually be feasible.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The FEF going for Bauza wasn't unrealistic right? So tell me why Gallardo or Fossati would be? Gallardo has no NT experience, but a great international South American club record (just like Bauza). Fossati is on the same boat, but like LDU4ever said...he's a mercenary. Always has been. He's unstable where he goes and he will leave for more money if the opportunity presents itself. Either way he's undeniably a good coach. Gallardo would be an incredibly good option because although he's won it all at club level he's still VERY new to this game. 2-5 years from now you can say he will NEVER be an option and will be out of reach for the NT. That's how I view someone like Sampaoli or Bauza. They're not in our reach anymore. Especially if they have success where they are now, we can only dream of having them after this. That's why I always said we have to get Bauza NOW (2-3 years ago) because I knew he would eventually be out of reach years down the line. Better hope we can snatch Gallardo now before it's too late...assuming of course Quinteros which I personally think should be the case now. Kinda praying for it unless he sums 6 points next two matches I won't side with him any longer.

Budget-wise the FEF has money to pay a little more. I think Rueda made more than Quinteros and I think last qualifiers when salary chart came out I saw Rueda was making as much as other coaches who have way better rep and quality than him. So just sayin...Gallardo is DEFINITELY within budget. Same with Fossati. Bielsa is a push, but hey....with him it's more about the project being seductive over the money. At least that's my perception on how Bielsa carries himself. He has to actually be profoundly interested in a project to give it a yes before money is even mentioned.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I still have hope that after Bauza finish coaching Argentina there will still be a chance that he comes back and coaches the NT. I think its something he personally wanted. As far as everyone else yea there long gone. Except for Fossati him and Gallardo are the best realistic options I just hope that when the time comes Gallardo is some one FEF considers.

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  16. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm just being realistic here, as soon as he won that copa libertadores he was out of our each even more when he
    added that Sudamericana. Sampaoli didn't give a ******** about chile after he won that copa America, same with Emelec. Quien es el tecnico de moda en estos momentos en Argentina? Maybe we should go for him this time.

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bauza? He still cares about Liga he went to lunch with Rodrigo and Esteban Paz just the other day. He still holds contact with them and Cevallos and even spoke about Ecuador in qualifiers. If FEF gets it together I think we can get him when ever he becomes available in the future. He was willing to coach us before he said '' Lo economico es lo de menos es la condiciones que me pone la FEF que me aleja de la selecion'' if we are lucky Cevallos might convince him to coach BSC one day too. I still think there hope and I think he still personally want to coach us some day.

For now lets hope we can get Gallardo or Fossati and that FEF kicks out Quinteros soon.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #344 b9d23m89, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    I wouldn't consider Gallardo "moda". He's won 6 international titles with a big club team in south America. None other than River Plate. Easily the second biggest team in the Americas after Boca. It's like if Almada would win 6 international titles in BSC....that wouldn't be taken lightly right? It's a big deal. He's done it 6 times with different players on his squad. Before he even won a single cup I mentioned here and said this coach is going to be amazing. He's a noob, but he's going to be amazing. We should have him in consideration for NT coach despite his lack of experience coaching.... 2-3 years later he's a big deal. I don't think that's "moda". He's an incredible coach.

If Tabarez, Gareca, and even someone like Pekerman isn't too far from Rueda's and Quinteros price range than we can get someone that's pretty decent. Pizzi has already won a Copa America with Chile and look where he is on the salary roster LOL. YES, we can get QUALITY. Possibly someone with a lot of potential to be great or greater than what they are. I think Gallardo is a perfect fit and I would assume within the price range. I'm pretty sure he would be interested in coaching a NT. Especially one like Ecuador. We are actually a pretty appealing NT to coach in South America. Making it to the WC is a great place to showcase talent and I'm pretty sure someone like Gallardo would be interested in having that opportunity. Ecuador has lots of talent, but right now I believe the NT isn't properly guided and it's in the wrong hands. Quinteros has failed me not because of his style of playing (his ideas and intentions on how he wants his teams to play on the field are great) but because of his attitude. He has less control than Sixto Vizuete to handle these guys. Why do I say this? Because after winning 4 games back to back our team became over confident and hot headed. It was an ego booster YES, but it shouldn't have became a distraction and ended up being something that made us lose our focus. Quinteros failed at keeping his guys focus and hungry for more. That's why I say attitude is the problem. Bauza wouldn't let that happen. Gallardo wouldn't let that happen. These guys win cups and their teams don't become over confident because they make sure everything is always kept in order. That's where we have failed this time with Quinteros.

20. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just throwing a name out there, Matias Almeyda. Not too familiar with him but from what I saw when he managed Banfield was a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 high pressing game, with Cazares being the main man dictating attack. Kind of similar to what Quinteros' tactics are supposed to be when they work.

Apparently he's on his 2nd year of a 2 year deal with Chivas.

21. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Any chance of Sixto Vizuete coming back? Sometimes I wonder what would've happened if Chiriboga never fired Vizuete.. Sixto seemed very determined to prepare the NT for the 2015 Copa America

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I dont doubt he is a good coach but we need some one proven some one who knows what it is to win cups and international tournaments. He is isnt there yet maybe in the future after he accomplishes more as a coach.

I think he would be FEF last option TBH. FEF did him dirty and closed the door on him there is no going back on that even with Chiriboa gone I doubt FEF goes back to him its sad cause it really hurt his career he was going to do something big with our team we should have gave him the chance I know he would have done better than Quinteros.

Development is what our team needed. Giving players competition with in the team. Bringing options. Bringing in youth player to preform for Copa, Qualifiers and World Cup like IDV. Thats what Vizuete brought to the table. But o well FEF ruined that too.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    River is a top team that attracts top players, I don't doubt Gallardo but have you seen some of the players that have been there at some point in their careers? Alexis, Higuain, Falcao. Club futbol is not the same as NT futbol. Sure, experience counts but sometimes you don't have the same players at your disposal.

24. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is the shit that makes me mad! How can FEF be so STUPID? Does FEF even care about the NT? This is a serious question.. because it seems to me that FEF doesn't give a shit about Ecuador.. :mad:

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #350 b9d23m89, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    But this is where the admiration for Gallardo comes....he promotes within as well. Have you seen the work he's done at youth level? THAT'S to admire. He can take an inexperienced player, have that player perform well in a big club team where there is tons of pressure to win it all, AND he makes them win prestigious cups at international level. That's something to admire. Club level futbol is different from NT, but he's one of those coaches that won't be in charge of just club level futbol not too long from now. He'll either be guiding an important NT OR getting a deal in an important competitive European league. So in my opinion- We better act fast b/c he won't be an option too long from now. This is of course IF we actually do let Quinteros go. Bauza proved himself in 3 different leagues and now look where he is. To think his name was up there with Simeone, Bielsa, Sampaoli, and Gallardo is a pretty big deal. These are internationally recognized coaches (Gallardo being the noob/lightest on the list) Imagine if WE acted fast on that one. Out of all those names the one that is still feasible IMO for us is Gallardo. That's why I'm saying....better act fast.

End of the day- we need a WINNER. Someone with a reputation of winning. Someone who can manage this group of players and make it known that he's in control. Someone who can make it known that's it not ok to ever just be satisfied b/c the minute you're satisfied....that minute you set yourself up for failure. That's what happened to us. Quinteros CAN'T manage it and it's very doubtful that he can flip the script now.