Qualifiers 2016 - Brazil (Quito) and Peru (Lima)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Quilotoa, Aug 30, 2016.

1. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    the best thing about last night was the 2 yellow cards to Alchilier and knowing that he wont play vs Chile.

2. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    :coffee::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::coffee::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::):D

3. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's exactly what I was thinking!

4. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember celebrating when Chiriboga was arrested. At that point, we were undefeated and looking like we were going to steamroll this shiit. Now we're arguably the worst team is South America. I can't believe how bad these guys are. They look like they're a bunch of amateurs. They can't get a decent shot on goal, they can't maintain possession, and they make bone headed plays ALL THE TIME!

I just don't get it. I thought Chiriboga was the assholee that caused certain players to be there when they obviously sucked, but now I'm not so sure.

5. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fvck You Quinteros! You piece of fvcking dried up dog shit! FUERA QUINTEROS! YA LARGATE HIJUE PUTA!!

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We lost our best Option (Bauza) and a coach who we could have constantly counted on(Vizuete).

Vizuete could have been to the NT like what Repetto was to IDV. He was developing and working hard at youth level for years. He knows how to develop youth players to preform at this level and TBH this would have been the perfect time form him because IDV and other teams in our league are developing youth players we said it before we have tons of player coming up in BSC, Emelec, IDV and other teams. He could of had some of these players ready for Copa America or Qualifiers and we could of had other options than just Enner,Caicedo, Montero he would of had numerous youth players at his disposal. I doubt he will return to the NT but we need to look for a coach that can develop or youth players at NT level because it worked for IDV other teams in our league are doing it the NT should to .

In our league the only possible option might be Almeda from BSC but I would like to see him finish with BSC. Biesla might not want not want to coach us being that its mid qualifier. Any other names come to mind?

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Although Chiriboga was corrupt, he was an astute and very micromanaging leader....once he left, there was an apparent power vacuum.

My concern with Quinteros is that nobody on the FEF has the balls to do what bigger federations do, which is just to cut the guy immediately.

We shouldn't need a "report" or summary of the games or coaches notes on conclusions. It's cut and dry- the players did not reach their potential and the results are likely due to internal strife, poor coaching, and a general lack of motivation. FIRED!

LoreBSC and Jefe Esco repped this.
  8. Mi Pana

Mi Pana New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    I've never seen La Tri play this badly before. We don't play at anything, no tactics, no organization, NO HEART. Quinteros must go, how can a man who tanked with Bolivia good enough to lead a good team like Ecuador? F*** that nonsense, gtfo Quinteros.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think the results should have been dramatically apparent post-Copa America. The team was already floundering.

The loss vs. Colombia, the sad tie vs. Paraguay at home, the tie vs. Brazil, the tie vs. Peru and the loss vs. the US made it obvious that something is wrong. Guys that have been struggling on the team are STILL there...I can only point to Gruezo, Paredes and Achilier as being three players that are a huge part of our defensive pain. We are conceding too many goals and not converting up front. Watching Montero just run to the touchline with no end game is so frustrating because we've seen it since the 2010 WCQ. Enner's injuries and lack of morale are obvious. Miller is a shell of his former self. Only Noboa is playing with huevos. Even AV can't be effective because there is no one is there to support.

10. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm saying! Orejuela's resume speaks for itself and he already has the experience to be a starter. There's no reason why he shouldn't be starting.

For real. Yesterday I saw Valencia try to move up so many times but the midfield was too slow in passing him the ball and as a result he ended up getting isolated by two Peruvian players by the time he did receive the ball.

This is why we needed Orejuela in that midfield. The kid keeps the ball moving and is no slouch when it comes to defense. He's the perfect partner for Noboa but everyone can see that except our coach.

As for Achilier and Ayovi, they make our defense so weak on two sides. They constantly got burned by attackers and as a result Mina and Valencia were forced to do double the work in defense. We could get by if one side of the defense was a bit weak but having two bad players (and continuing to play them) is asking for attackers to score on us for fun.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Please critique my team.

GK
    Valencia - Mina - Caicedo - LB
    Ibarra* - Cazares - Noboa (Not convinced lately) - Cabezas
    Julio Angulo - Plata (this guy might be small but what the hell.)

*yes, I talked shit about him but he opened them up when he came on.

12. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    That's why I liked when VIZUETE took over, he even called up Plata ... Who tonight scored twice and had an assist in the same league that Gruezo plays in, so Quinteros can't act like he doesn't want to call up somebody that plays in the states! I would line up ••• Azcona/Dreer Valencia- Mina- Erazo- Ramirez -- Noboa - Orejuela- Ibarra- Montero- Cazares- Felipao

13. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Cazares is a must in our team. He's been the only player I've seen since Mendez who can pick out players on the run with great precision. He also knows how to move with and without the ball and he has a very good shot on him.

My biggest concern in the attack has to be Montero. Whenever I see Montero play for Swansea he's very direct, full of flair, and actually shoots on goal. But when he plays for Ecuador, it's like he loses all his skills and becomes a one trick pony who's only move is to pull the ball to the edge and cross. Something is not right.

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm wondering Noboa might be the culprit behind the midfield? I get it. He has had some great games but he has been having a horrible year in the NT. Not sure if it's skill he is lacking or not enough competition from other players. I don't see Noboa shifting quickly to make a triangle when passing. He was lacking movement from what I saw. A good midfield player moves around a lot and creates triangles in the midfield to create passing lanes. I did not see him do that consistently. Either he needs to step it up and/or the coach needs to call up players to compete for his spot. Cevallos is a good example of a player that moves a lot and get open PLUS he scores in crucial times.
    I mean... can we at least try Orejuela and Cevallos in the middle in friendlies?! I bet they would make a sick combo.

The lineup I would like to see is:

4-2-3-1 like Mourinho plays at Man U with Valencia. We are wasting Valencia the way we play.

Azcona (over Domiguez)

Valencia - Mina - Caicedo - RB? (Ramirez / Cabezas)

Cevallos - Orejuela

Ibarra - Miller (Cazares, Plata) - Montero (Penilla /Cabezas)

Caicedo (E. Valencia)

I'd start Azcona over Dominguez for sure. Domiguez has been struggling and has gotten owned in Mexico!

Valencia has to play in a formation that allows him to attack like in Man U right now or his talent is wasted. If we don't move to a 4-2-3-1 where the RB and LB attack a lot then he has to be a RW again. His backup can be Paredes.

Mina. Just don't see anyone else better than him for sure but we need to start looking for quality backups. No more Achilier and company.

Caicedo - over Erazo and anyone else. We gotta give him a chance. Erazo can start too if he isn't effective and Erazo makes a good backup as well.

Ramirez is a quick LB and he can attack too. Although, to me though watching IDV I can see Cabezas would be a good replacement for W. Ayovi. When he had to move to the LB position at time he was fantastic. I'm telling you guys he would be awesome here PLUS his speed would be great to attack and move back to defend. W. Ayovi can still be a serviceable backup and leader.

Cevallos and Orejuela in the middle would be awesome to see. Of course Noboa is in play as well but from what I saw he has disappeared all year long.

Ibarra at RW played well last game and brought speed too. He also did well at recovering the ball when Valencia started to push up last game.

In Miller spot is very crowded. We have lots of options but I think Miller would thrive in this system. Would give him a lot of freedom and passing opportunities. Cazares and Plata would be great options here as well.

Montero in this system would also be great. Penilla is also played well at LW and Cabezas is probably the most promising youngster after Jose Angulo ********ed up big time. Good competition for Montero.

Caicedo is where is the weakest link we have. After the disappointing news about Jose Angulo surfaced I knew this spot was in trouble. Caicedo is constantly hurt and doesn't do much in the air. Jose Angulo would have owned here and now we have literally no good true forward at all. I don't see anyone else coming up that's promising either like Jose Angulo. If Caicedo manages to stay healthy then he has this spot secure because we have no one else. As far as E. Valencia... yeah I think everyon knows now. He sucks.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    After everything that happened all I can say now is that this situation is worrisome and Russia seems far now. In theory, if the WC were tomorrow we would be going to a play-off. Seriously?!? a play-off? after those first 4 qualifier games we had last year, our end result right now is a play off?? I think I'm convinced those 4 games were luck. I already stated my reasons as to why, but this entire year in all tournaments we have had HORRIBLE performances. We seem to have plateaued. Meaning if Quinteros stays for the next two games, there better be immediate IMPORTANT changes in the line up, player attitude, tactics, and may I say again ATTITUDE. What happened to Quinteros philosophy of playing? I absolutely do not know. To the point where they were adapting til they finally understood his style of playing to now....I don't know what occurred and what ideas and concepts got lost in the midst of all this, but something happened that is very odd. I just can't fathom that we had 4 perfect games in the beginning of the Qualifier and a few months later it all changes.

All I learned from the game vs. Peru is that Quinteros has no control as a DT over his guys. Yellows were still issued and a hot head like Arroyo came in and caused havoc after we were already in the sh*t hole. Speaks a lot of a DT and lack of control in critical and tense moments. Quinteros doesn't have what it takes IMO now. He's proved himself not worthy and not capable of piecing us back together as a NT when we really need it to happen. I'd have him quit if I were Villacis or hope that he resigns. He needs to understand that this isn't Emelec. He doesn't have weeks and months to plan accordingly and train his guys. It needs to be done within a few days. Limited time and a lot of work. If he can't do that (which is obvious), he can't take charge of this NT. Plain and simple. Who do I recommend? Marcelo Bielsa, Marcelo Gallardo, and finally Jorge Fossati or Gerardo Martino (not a favorite of mine) if all else fails. These coaches make themselves heard. They are winners and make sure things are fixed when needed. We can't have someone like Quinteros take things so calmly when we are on the verge of saying good-bye to Russia.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My views on our players:

Carlos Gruezo- OUT. I mentioned that I was going to analyze his futbol in these next two games and give him his chance. The young man fail to meet the criteria to not only be a starter on the NT, but to be a part of the NT period. I do not see him ready to be part of this process. It's a shame and disappointment. This kid looked like he was going to be an incredible center-mid. Smh....what a disappointment. Failed in the WC 14 and now in Qualifiers 2 years later. Hasn't had improvement at all.

Gabriel Achilier- I think it's safe to say he shouldn't be a starter. Not on the NT anymore? Yeah sure, if it's possible. Truth is we don't have many players to take over his spot NOW as an immediate solution. He's horrible, but God knows what they would do to poor Dario Aimar, Robert Arboleda, or Jordan Jaime if they were on this NT in a starting role. I'd be praying with 2 rosaries at a time.

Juan Carlos Paredes- I personally don't think he should be a part of this NT for as long as he's not getting playing time in his club team and performing up to expectation. That being said, his performance is a mere reflection of why he's not getting minutes in Watford. Sorry JC Paredes, but your time is up. At least for now. These last two games were the confirmation of what needed to be done- ADIOS! Dueces!

Fernando Gaibor- the worst substitution I saw in these last two games. He came and underperformed to the max. Don't know what Quinteros sees in this kid, but PLEASE no more. He is not up to par to playing on a NT.

These four guys to me shouldn't be on the NT.

Next list I hope says:

GK-Dominguez, Dreer, Azcona
    DF- Ramirez, Velasco, Mina, Caicedo, Erazo, Aimar, J. Jaime, Walter, Pineida
    MD- Antonio, Ibarra, Cazares, Noboa, Orejuela, Quinonez, Cevallos Jr., Montero, Cabezas, Arroyo
    FW- Felipe, Enner, Miller, Penilla, Chala, Plata

Sorry, but for those of you who want Felipe, Enner, Ibarra, and the rest of our attackers out....bad news- we don't have any better. Gotta work with what we have.

Line up for now (subject to change in a month):
    Dominguez; Velasco, Mina, Caicedo, Ramirez; Noboa, Orejuela; Antonio, Miller, Montero; Felipe

That's probably as good as we can do right now and even making a risk on defense playing two noobs

17. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ayovi and Dominguez not being apart of that list disappointed me

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    not being excluded out the NT? I mean Dominguez had two bad games and isn't in his best moment. Ironically, he made a move to a foreign team in the most underperforming moment of his career. Either way, Dominguez has mostly been solid in the NT as well as maintaining consistent performance levels throughout his entire career. That being said, I'm not going to crucify him. There's no Ecuadorian keeper better than him or that will exceed his talents. May they be clear cuz it's truth. Azcona is in his best moment and Dreer is doing better than Dominguez currently at club level. So for those who give Azcona or Dreer the vote to start, sure, not a bad choice, but I personally dont think that means Dominguez shouldn't be on the list. That's actually a bit of a drastic measure when we don't really have many good keepers to begin with. The few that we have are good and outside of that no one impresses to be quite honest.

As far as Walter, sure he's slow and we all want a young ideal replacement, but Pineida and Ramirez aren't cracks. I believe to replace a vet with the quality that Walter has exhibited his entire career you gotta be worth of it. Ramirez hasn't caused the greatest impression and Pineida is ok, but I haven't really seen him be a stand out crack at club level either. I have a little bit more hopes in Velasco, but he's a righty not a lefty and what we need is a lefty. Ramirez and Pineida play both sides but are both naturally right footed. But back to the point- Prove to me player X is better than Walter and I'll believe it. I wanna see it. Just like Quinteros gave Gruezo his chance in these two games, I'd Quinteros like to give Ramirez or Pineida a shot to cause an impression. If they fail, I'd hate to say I told you so, but if they truly take over without troubles well then props to them and to their believers.

Right now I feel like it's all or nothing anyway cuz we are digging ourselves in the grave with the same formula (aka same players). So sure, let's give this change a try. Don't be disappointed if it fails guys. Expect the worst, but pray for the best.

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #319 javer, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Who would you call up in place of them ???Most of the times that Dida messes up its because our defense messed up even bigger leaving players open in the area, not marking them and being out of position. Until I hear the commentator them selves or even the media bash him (cause notice they didnt) I dont think we should put him at fault for most of the goals we concede.

O and BTW at club level he had one bad game all the other games he was pretty solid and made good saves and a reminder didnt Dreer concede 5 goals to BSC not to long ago ? Didnt Azcona concede 3 goals to River plater Ecuador right after Libertadores and 4 to Catholica before that?(to name the most recent off the top of my head) It happens it not all the GK fault.

In reality FEF will probably look towards Jorge Pinto, Miguel Russo, Ruben Dario Insua, Sergio Markarian, Gustavo Coastas, maybe Repetto maybe Almada. They Might rumor Marcelo Bielsa, Gerardo Martino, Jorge Fossati, Marcelo Gallardo but at the end wont throw the money down for them.

The media started to talk about him leaving but it died out cause FEF isnt going to do anything. He might be here til the end of qualifiers if FEF doesnt step up soon.

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would blame mostly the defense and not Dominguez for that Brazil goleada.

21. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mostly our flanks let us down that game and the coach for playing Enner and Gruezo as starters. Ibarra would have been ideal to play against Brazil since his speed would have troubled their flanks.

But if we are to continue playing Ayovi, we need someone to help him cover because his age is showing now more than ever.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree. The blame isn't all Dominguez. To be quite honest NO ONE played well. That should explain everything. I'd say the players who were the "lesser evils" were honestly Cristian Noboa, Miller Bolanos, and Arturo Mina, but even they underperformed. I can't imagine how much worse we would've been without those three guys. These three guys had tons of mess ups, but they also had moments that either saved us or made a difference to slightest degree on the field when absolutely NO ONE else could.

Going onto the DT topic, do I personally think Quinteros should leave? Yes. Do I think the FEF will let him go before the next two games? No. It's too early to make a drastic decision in their point of view being that we are one month away from the next two games. We missed out on a 4-6 point difference. At least 3! How ridiculous is it that we didn't defeat the worst Brazil in ages? And a Peru that is doing poorly in Qualifiers? We got tied by Paraguay in Quito. Out of the last four losses, I'll accept the loss in Colombia with the goleada included b/c to be honest when we play in Colombia I don't expect much. I find it has the toughest grounds to play in as the visiting squad.

I think the FEF would be retarded to go for Pinto, Costas, Insua, Markarian, or Russo. Why? First of all Insua and Costas don't have any experience at this level. Don't think Russo does either to my knowledge. Costas plays ugly defensive ball and he doesn't have the character or take hold of a NT. His title in BSC should've been award to Luis Zubeldia who was the real genius behind the 2012 BSC title. Pinto....we already steered away from the Colombia style futbol. No need to go back. Insua....his style of futbol has never convinced me nor has he been progressive in his career. If the NT chose any of these guys that would be a mediocre decision. Repetto would've been a good option when choosing between him and Quinteros. Now we know that Quinteros lacks the ingredients to be in charge of this NT (unless he proves otherwise next month...meaning 6 points. La Paz and Quito. No other option).

Gallardo's futbol is great. He's won it all with River. He's like the Bauza of River Plate. If there's one coach I'd go with that has no NT experience, it would be him. Marcelo Beilsa- everyones favorite b/c of how he revolutionizes every squad/player he works with. He turns everything into gold basically. Finally I'll add in a peoples favorite- Tata Martino. Not a fan, but his experience coaching at NT level states he is a great option. These are the guys the FEF should aim for.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Its FEF bro they go after ex coaches from Peru, Honduras, Coasta Rica, Uruguay and coaches who have little to no experience coaching a NT cause there cheap. These were the names rumored to be options by FEF in the past. Honestly I thought It was retarted when they mentioned Quinteros.

Last time I remembered them saying they would go after Beilsa, Diego Simone and Martino but we know nothing happened between them. I heard Mexico is actually trying to go for Beilsa. Our options are really slim to get a good coach. Gallardo and Fossati would be the best options Beilsa and Martino seem far from reach.

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fossatti would be fantastic...BUT....the dude is mercenary. He jumps ship way too quickly.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Exactly what we need.