Qualificação: Mundial Catar 2022 J3 Luxemburgo

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by JoseEmidio, Mar 16, 2021.

?

Resulto

1. Vitoria

100.0%
  2. Empate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Derrota

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The longer the game goes that these guys believe they can take something from us in this game is not a good feeling.

Lazy Ronaldo staying in the offside position after missing his two chances.

2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Game over.
    2 wins and a draw against the second best team in an away game. Pretty good international break result wise

JoseEmidio repped this.
  3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Who scored that last goal again?

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I mean, just do the right thing Santos and bring Pote in to the team. You know you want to, you know he deserves it.

Side note, Pedro Neto is legit.

5. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree.

Now bring in Pote and Trincao, who both deserve it, and relegate the mediocre scrubs to the bench, and you've got a team.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sanches has a couple of good moments, then immediately followed it up with braindead decision making. Good game from him, but we have better options. Period.

8. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Seven point in three games having played away at Serbia is definitely acceptable, or even target achieved, but you’d have be some kind of optimist to feel good about the form this team has shown in general over 270 minutes in this set of matches.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Santos has no idea who his solidified starting 11 is. That's what concerns me. His judgement is clouded, clearly. We all know who should be called up and playing, but he has quotas to meet for agents, so he continues to play inferior players. He did the same thing at Euro 16 before he realized which players give him the best chance at winning.

It's either that, or he's braindead. One or the other.

BatatasFritas repped this.
  10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sad. Again I was speaking to all the Felix lovers I don't remember which of you clowns said what. Keep dreaming of me and doing your research on me. If you were smart you would learn something but... Well.

SCP_16 repped this.
  11. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Even Bernado was not great
    Man we missed a few chances this 2 half to make the score line more respectable.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It took us getting the lead to care about the game and even then we looked like we were playing Russia or Poland and not luxumberg.

Felix has no place on the bench never mind starting. Neto is a good option, Sanches had moments but is not convincing to be on this team. Nuno Mendes may have won the LB position and Jota is a clear starter now. Cristiano... Yikes. Still our best striker but today was a summary of the first 3 games. Just bad/unlucky

SCP_16 repped this.
  13. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Well, dreadful first-half performance followed by a good second half. Luxembourg is a huge pain and they worked so hard throughout the match.

In the end it really should've been a more lopsided score, but I'm just pleased with Portugal leading the group going into this long qualifying hiatus by the slimmest of margins.

Hopefully Luxembourg can steal some points from Serbia when the time comes.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  15. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Missed a portion of the first half. Don’t you hate it when work gets in the way of soccer ? Lol . So I think the Felix experiment at this level should stop. He is not ready for this team. Jota looks solid . Not going to mention Ronaldo out of respect. Nuno Mendes continues to impress the hell out of me. Let’s see how he does against more talented teams but wow so far . Font ? Please Pepe heal quickly , but for now against this Calibre of teams is fine. I like Sanches on the defensive side but going forward he is still rough . Maybe useful defending against better teams though.
    I’m at the point now where I just want this coach to pick his players and let it be. Give them a chance to get into a rhythm playing with each other.
    We have to play better. This will not do it against better teams .

16. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Firstly.. what the F is wrong with some of you guys.

I come here to discuss Portuguese soccer and instead am treated to a friggin movie.

Grow up. Who gives a shit what team you represent or where the players come from..

Anyways..

7pts from 3 games one of which was in Serbia is perfectly acceptable. The way they were achieved wasnt great but the result is what matters.

I dont understand the confusion about Sanches. I think he NEEDS to be on this team and outside of his initial time away from Portugal (Bayern/Swansea) he has performed well in France. We saw moments v Lux what he is capable of. He is solid defensively and has a burst of energy in the midfield. He was literally ALL OVER the pitch. He jumped into the attack. Wasnt lazy at all when opponent had switched the ball. He made some critical tackles on the defensive side. For his role, he is perfect.

Mendes is a starter.

Jota is a starter (ive loved this guy since Porto days.. hes an amazing hard working talent)

Bernardo is too inconsistent, but prob not enough to drop.

Felix.. man.. hes had a few good months in the Portuguese league.. anyone can get hot in Portugal. He isnt NT material. He is spoiled. He rose to stardom too quickly. His ego is too big. He is lazy. He doesnt look like he cares. I wouldnt even call him up to be honest.

Ronaldo.. i cant even talk bad about Ronaldo but he clearly isnt the same. We all know he wont be subbed off (even if he should be) and he will leave the NT when he WANTS to.. not when the FA wants him too.. he will play this year and next years World Cup will be his last tournament.

Portugal is fine.

17. johnboys

johnboys Member

Jul 15, 2001
    N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    of course we all love Ronaldo
    but the truth is we will be a better team without him. His time has run its course

18. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not that it really matters, but Ronaldo actually scored another goal that didn't count, and the whole world didn't seem to notice.

If you watch the his 1v1 again against Luxembourg, you'll notice after both misses, the ball comes back to him(Can't remember off who) and he puts it into the empty net. The play is immediately flagged for offside, and no one complains and so it seems the obvious and right call. However, Ronaldo was kept onside by the Luxembourg defender but I'm pretty sure everyone still had their minds on the 1v1 that it completely went over everyone's head. Not only was he not offside, he might have been onside by 2 feet.

Just find it fascinating that no one has brought it up, and maybe no one even noticed. Very strange.