Qualificação: Mundial Catar 2022 J2 Sérvia

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by JoseEmidio, Mar 16, 2021.

?

Resulto

1. Vitoria

83.3%
  2. Empate

16.7%
  3. Derrota

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bad call-ups, bad starting lineups and atrocious tactical decisions from Santos. He's done. Find someone else.

2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Very tough draw. Serbia's first may have been offside from what I saw. Cristiano's disallowed goal definitely looked like it crossed the line. The linesmen made bad mistakes today.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Because we dont play with any creative freedom. And certain players are clearly out of form.

4. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It went over the line. We got robbed of three points. The least they can do is to appeal to take Ronaldo’s yellow card away.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  5. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I personally hope we appeal to have it upgraded to a red. Would rather start Andre silva next match then him

6. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well... WTF was that. Good solid 1st half and the 2nd half was bad. That was a goal at the end and should have been called on the fielf. Don't blame Ronaldo for being pissed. Damn this tie pisses me off. Felix should have came on the start of the 2nd half.

7. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    JoseEmidio and eurodad repped this.
  8. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I’m far less concerned about being robbed 2 points than I am about the fact that this team looks like they won’t be able to play to the level they could and should be playing at.

I agree that there is a big tactical adjustment. A far different approach is needed. But I’m also afraid that these players just may not have what it takes between the ears to succeed.

no intensity
    no directness
    no focus
    No balls

9. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We are in a similar position to Leicester city when they were doing bad with rainieri
    They had the balls to can him. Will we with Santos?

Who would even be his replacement though. Jesus?

10. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Ok guys yes we got robbed but when you are winning 2-0 at half agains a team like this, there is no excuse. We got out coached. Their coach changed players at half that changed their strategy and our coach was slow to react. Danillio and Sergio were shit. I love Bruno but he is physically spent. Gave all he had but spent. Great game from Bernardo and Jota. Why the hell did Nuno Mendes not start this game ?

HandofAbel, ScpBoy77 and portugamerifinn repped this.
  13. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Ball passed the line. We were robbed of 3 points, but still doesn't remove the fact that we played absolutely horrendous in the 2nd half and Santos might be holding back the creative offense this team clearly has.

eurodad repped this.
  14. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Santos has so much squad depth at his disposal yet he waited until the 72nd min. after the lead was lost before making changes and only finally brought on Felix for the final five minutes (and Palhinha even later).

In reality, he made two legitimate substitutions out of a possible five.

What the ******** was he thinking?

eurodad repped this.
  15. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

Exactly. How about right after they scored the first goal and it was clear they that were dominating our midfield , you take out one of our strikers and put in Renato at that point. What was he going to do when the games was tied ?

portugamerifinn repped this.
  16. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've always wondered how many qualifying campaigns for major tournaments we have to start off poorly for our supporters to catch on that it's just our thing, and a mentally issue when there is room to breath. The answer may very well be never. Every time qualifying starts, Portuguese supporters cry the end of the world is coming. We will be fine.

17. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Really, after these first two games with the depth of talent we now have , and it’s ok that’s what we do ? No , first of all, we have much more depth now than we have for quite some time. There is IMO zero excuse for performing this way two games in row against opponents of this level. Even if we correct the ship from here on, does not take away from the fact that these were shit performances and we should be disappointed

portugamerifinn repped this.
  18. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Come on bud, come out of the closet. It’s ok , we will support you. Lol

SCP_16 repped this.
  19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    We were way too slow with our passing. Serbia didn't even have to try to defend, it was all very easy.
    Luxembourg beat Ireland so they will be pumped to face us.

20. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Last couple of years Luxembourg have played well

BatatasFritas repped this.
  21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    True, they get balsy and have enough quality to score.

22. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [
    Just like we were fine at 2018 wc where we could barely beat a trash team like morroco, tied Iran, tied Spain and then proceeded to get eliminated by Uruguay.

If this constitutes fine then i guess we have different standards. Imagine having our squad and playing similar football to Greece

portugamerifinn and Area 51 repped this.
  23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol we shouldn’t even be talking up Luxemburg with the talent this team has. But here we are.

Sanches, Cedric, Sergio Oliveira, Danilo, and Fonte have no place on this team whatsoever. No idea why they were called up let alone starting games. We literally have superior players in all of those positions.

Secondly, Santos awful anti-attacking tactics literally suck all of the creativity out of this team so players like Bernardo, Bruno and everyone else is completely ineffective.

artielange84 and eurodad repped this.
  24. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Duarte needs to play alongside Dias

NewLaw83 and SCP_16 repped this.
  25. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are inserting your own idea of what I mean by fine. By fine, I mean we will qualify in the end. The actual tournament may go great, average or bad. The one constant we have is the actual qualifying will start off unsatisfactory. What is this? 9 or 10 qualifying campaigns in a row now? We make comments like we own Croatia with 6 wins and a draw, yet the sample size of starting qualifying slow is larger, but no one ever seems to see it coming. So I'm in no way saying it's okay. F.Santos made some strange choices today and that second half was horrible to watch. What I am saying is, I'm personally 0% surprised and I'm confident we will qualify with much better performances ahead.