Quakes FO vs. 1906 Ultras, Round ?, Part 2

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Socarchist, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #1 Socarchist, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    This topic is important and unresolved. Other comments alluded to a possible FO offer to end the travel ban. What is the update?

Please discuss without resorting to personal attack. Please take rivalry among San Jose supporter groups to its own thread.

2. BlueAvenger

BlueAvenger New Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Are the Ultras suing the Front Office over the travel ban?

3. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing it depends on what happens in LA on the 31st.

4. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YEAH thread is back!!!!!

5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So, the FO has designated the Faultline/Casbah as the official traveling supporters group of the club?
    All six of them I mean.

6. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why must you resort to taking swipes at those groups every chance you can?

8. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your $0.02 worth?

9. ThatsABingo

ThatsABingo New Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You are going to need a whole new thread for that.

10. BlueAvenger

BlueAvenger New Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Still more than the Ultras will have at the game. :ROFLMAO:

11. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    remind me to quote this after that game ;)

darkstar10990 repped this.
  12. mister moose

mister moose Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a fair enough point, despite it being delivered in a crude manner. The Quakes are endorsing a very small supporter's group on their trip to LA. That's only the truth.

If what's been said by various posters who have identified themselves as Ultras on here, I think it'll actually be the other way around. If the banned Ultras still outnumber the front office endorsed Casbah/Faultline in Los Angeles, THAT will be funny.

I hope for both their sake they don't go, as that will be the final nail in their coffin, and for our sake as Quakes fans as we will be forced to deal with a quiet atmosphere left in the hands of what is right now just a few individuals. They Ultras have been the only thing that's been able to drown out the LA, Seattle, and Portland fans this season, and when the Chivas fans came to town, they dominated a Casbah/Faultline only Buck Shaw.

It'll take a lot of work by the groups in the south sections to fill the Ultras shoes. If the phone rings, I hope they answer, but I also hope the phone just stays quiet.

darkstar10990 repped this.
  13. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well since they're the two supporters groups not on suspension it's not surprising. I mean they weren't going to leave the LA game with no away presence despite the Ultras issues. So in the absence of the Ultras, the Casbah and Faultline get to go in their place.

QuietType repped this.
  14. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is this "official" designation douchebags speak of, and why do you people think any of us would care?
    WTF do you do for the club, anyway?

15. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta thank @IBleedTeal for the ample supply of chaff to these discussions...

16. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the fair point is those SGs haven't been under probation and haven't done anything to warrant banning their travel. IBleedTeal is just using this as another chance to take a shot at the other SGs, which of course is jevenile and frankly, stupid, given the amount of support given to the Ultras after handling themselves well on Saturday.

if the Ultras are ever folded for whatever reason, the Faultline and Casbah will grow in numbers. It will take time, but to think there will be a perpetual vacuum in the stadium if the Ultras disappear is not a bargaining chip I would hold on to. And no, I don't want that nor do I "hate the Ultras" for saying that.

17. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda agree with you here. That has to be the FO perspective, right? Hell, I think if an AYSO league bought 200+ season tickets, the FO wouldn't lose any sleep sticking them in 109.

18. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, did he really expect they would endorse a group that they have banned for travel? o_O

19. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #19 athletics68, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Maybe they did. IBleedTeal's position attacking our original SG (the Casbah) and the newcomers (the Faultline) appears to be the Ultras official position this morning on their main Twitter feed.

20. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Faultline was formed by persons who were 1906 Ultras members as of April 14, 2013, some of whom were in Portland that day.

Snowisfun, who has announced on BigSoccer that he is leading the official San Jose travel contingent to L.A. on August 31, is one of those people who was an Ultra in Portland on April 14 and participated in the events that day. Yet, he still gets to travel, and to lead the official contingent, whereas I am banned despite not having gone to Portland.

To add insult to injury, the Faultline thinks it is perfectly appropriate for innocent Ultras to be banned from travel while not-so-innocent Faultliners get to go -- an unprincipled stance, to say the least.

markmcf8, darkstar10990 and IBleedTeal repped this.
  21. chispa

chispa Member

Jul 29, 2007
    However......

I, and probably a significant number of other fans, go to the Quakes games in large part because we enjoy the electric, charged, intense atmosphere that the Ultras provide. Nothing wrong with the Faultline/Casbah, but they don't bring the same intensity and passion, at least not yet. (As a matter of fact, during the Chivas match two weeks ago, the Chivas supporters were louder and livelier than the Faultline/Casbah, and they were the AWAY group- how embarrassing is that!). Yes, the F/C group can grow in numbers, but unless they can provide endless loudness, and are willing to spend endless hours preparing creative, amusing, witty and edgy tifo and banners, they won't recreate the entertaining atmosphere the Ultras currently provide. In fact, friends I have brought to the games on previous occasions have commented on precisely that- that watching the Quakes match in person is a unique experience and way more fun than watching other live professional sporting events because of the vibrant atmosphere. Fill the stands with quiet people, or screaming kids, kids who can't stay seated and are moving around all over the place while the parents either ignore the game in order to keep after their kids, or ignore their kids because they want to watch the game, is not my idea of an entertaining experience, whether it's at a fancy new stadium or bare bones Buck Shaw. I might as well save myself the price of admission, parking, and general hassle watching the game at home, or spend my money and watch the game at a bar (which would still be less than admission and parking).

Stereolab, evade6317 and doppelganger repped this.
  22. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is this actually the Faultline's stance or are you speculating?

I suggested in the earlier thread that the FO make available tickets to the August 31st match for all interested traveling supporters so we can support the team and each other. Such ticket availability appears to be forthcoming.

The more supporters groups the better. I hate seeing San Jose supporters turning on each other, although I understand the dynamic as people leave one group to form another, especially when one group is in conflict with team management. Inter group solidarity is the best defense against FO overreach like this indefinite probation, travel and tifo ban mess.

Let me remind readers that all supporter groups and independent supporters will share a supporters' section in the new stadium (should it ever be completed.)

ColinMcCarthy repped this.
  23. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure that's accurate? We already know the Ultras aren't using the original designated supporters terraces. And there's always the berm on the open end as well.

24. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't know about the terraces. Maybe one of the groups will take them. I don't know why anyone would want them with the funky table-like bars between each row. I never get a straight answer from the new stadium ticket salespeople. There are no tickets for sale in the open end.

This discussion is better suited for the stadium thread. As an unaffiliated supporter, I bought tickets in the supporters' section; the lower terraces were not available for purchase during the first sales window. I chose specific seats, which the club later changed to general admission, which I don't consider to be a big deal.

They made a mess of ticket sales in the supporters' section just as they are making a mess of this dispute with the Ultras.

25. snowisfun

snowisfun Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And also formed by persons who weren't.

Snowisfun is not leading the trip, nor does he lead anything at this time. Snowisfun was passing on information, so anyone who was interested could attend. Snowisfun and the other members of The Faultline who where in Portland have abided by the terms of the original probation if you want to use that argument.

Proof? I would be happy to share our stance on the issue, which we emailed you after you asked us to get involved with your dispute.