Quakes - Crew pregame

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kryptonite, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    JC has all the good dribbling attributes, but he doesn't make consistent runs off the ball. While he's creating, the other players seem to be at a loss as to their runs or his intentions.

I'd like to see Mcb with Buddle as a starting combo. Buddle runs well off the ball and is a horse in the box allowing a quickness or another power sub @65th min. McB has always liked to play in space, so let's pair him with an inside threat who can score or play it back to him.

If Harkes can't go, do you move Mais back to D-mid? If so, do you put Perez in the middle and move Martino to the wing? Could (would) JC actually work on the wing? Where's Denton?

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering this same thing myself.

3. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Good luck Saturday ya'll.

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone going to SJ for the match so they can get their neck punched?

5. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    I'm sure there are PLENTY of tickets available for those last minute planners to go to the Left Coast for some professional footy ;)

WAR having more than 100 people show up at your team's games

6. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Our neck punching guy is on vacation, you'll have to take a rain check.

7. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Vacation? Or Jail? ;)

8. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean detention.

9. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Or maybe in his case, time out in the corner, sitting on that little stool ;)

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh great.

i love unions.

one guy does the neck punching, another guy in blue does the "insertion"

11. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot about the 10 guys that just stand around watching because punching and "insertions" aren't in their contract.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    reminds me of best buy... everytime i go in there, there's always 20 guys just standing around doing nothing.

13. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    And God help you if you ask any of them a question :( MOST of the Best Buy people I have run into are quite clueless and are quite content to shrug their shoulders.

14. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Columbus Crew!!!

Topper

:D :D

15. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Let's see you repeat that in the Open Cup final :p

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just had a good experience buying something at Circuit City.

Guy knew his shit and we ended up getting exactly what we wanted.

On the other hand, we ALSO spoke to the most clueless moron imaginable, whose name was Nate, and Nate needs both a bath and a slap in the head.

So it was a 50-50 deal.

Anybody remember Sun TV? Man, if those salespeople thought you had like sixty cents, or the ability to BORROW sixty cents, they were all over you like ugly on a dog. Just could not get them to leave you alone.

Good prices, good stuff but it was pure torture just steeling yourself to walk into one of their stores.

17. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    can't say i really see this as a positive...

Andrulis has several fewer options to replace Oughton against the Earthquakes. Brian Maisonneuve and Brian West did not make the trip to San Jose because of injuries. One possibility is teaming John Wilmar Perez with Kyle Martino in front of Robert Warzycha.

Other possibilities include putting either Eric Denton or Freddy Garcia on the left side, with Warzycha being the defensive stopper

18. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So OK;

We have no midfielders left.

Oughton, Mais and West are three of our four starters.

Unless Harkes has made a miraculous comeback, that only leaves Warczycha, Perez, Martino, Garcia and Matteo.

Moving Denton up isn't going to bail this group out.
    We're in some trouble.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I wish I could believe that Harkes was healthy enough to help this team right now, but given that he saw no time last game and I didn't even see him warmup its hard to believe. At this point one camn only hope that Garcia or Matteo is ready to contribute, but I don't see that happening either.
    Does anyone see a possible revert to the 4-3-3 with our newfound lack of midfielders. Goddamn, I really can't think of any solution.

20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd like to think we have enough people so that warzycha doesn't have to play. but i'm just not sure. if warzycha plays, we're ************ed.

21. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    [​IMG]

Sweet, merciful crap.

We tried this already with Robert a year or so ago.

I think a 4-3-3 is in order here. Hell, we have the forwards to play such a formation.

22. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're not that bad if he plays. We are that bad when he STARTS. C'mon Garcia --- if you can't play, Ol' Bobbie has to!!

23. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Is it really a stretch to have McBride offensive mid with jeff and Buddle up? Just to start at least? he plays back so much anyway....hell we still have Dante to get in there and you know McBride can go 90...in the middle or up top...move him around.

Just avoid Garcia for a win.

24. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I've always had a good experience at Best Buy. I will agree they seem overstaffed, but the people I talk to mostly know their sh!t. I can't stand Circuit City. The salesperson reminds me of some shadely used car dealer. They always try and give me a hassle and are too pushy, so I always give the *********************s the cold shoulder and tell them to get lost in the corner and get bent.

As for the game, I'm not holding my breath for a win. I don't think its a good idea to go to the 4-3-3. Reason being that in this formation, you're depending on the outside defenders to make runs up and provide offensive support. Our boys in the back are better exactly there, in the back. I think Garcia should play, and didn't Perez originally play d-mid before he came to the Crew? Who plays out on the right?

25. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey, what happened to the thread that had all of the San Jose fan pictures? Geez, go away for a couple days and threads get deleted... and is this related to Bailey getting a yellow card?