Quagliarella - 3 questions

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Seaside Mafia, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Seaside Mafia

Seaside Mafia New Member

May 29, 2005
    London
    1. Any good? I've seen the usual compilations on YouTube but that doesn't always give the truth. Scored something like 13 in 30 games last season.

2. How does that stack up in serie A these days?

3. Would Manchester United buying him be a smart move?

2. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So far what I have seen has impressed me. He's young and has a lot of potential. His two goals against Lithuania were great you should check them out on youtube.

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1) I think so (but we have disagreed before)

2) from open play, almost .5 average ain't too bad, especially considering that sampdoria played him as a lone striker the last couple of months when they got bit by the injury bug. to be honest, if he continues to play well, wouldn't be surprised to see him be the second striker behind toni in euro 2008 (if italy qualifies, of course)

3) i am not sure in england, especially considering united need a 9, that he would be the best fit. i have my doubts. he certainly has pace and very nice technical ability to drop back and interplay with c ronaldo, rooney, and the rest of the gang, but I just don't know that the physical play wouldn't throw him off a bit. not that he is a shrimp or anything, but to me he is more suited in a wide or support role, and manchester united is stacked in those areas, especially after the acquisitions of nani and anderson, and that is even if rossi leaves, yet alone if he stays.

cheers

4. solost22

solost22 Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He played as the lone striker for Sampiadora, how he will fair at a bigger club is still unknown. He may do well with other high caliber players but there is always the chance that he may fade into the crowd if he's not in the spotlight. I'd rather him stay in Italy with an Italian club (although this is my typical opinion for all Azzuri and Azzurini players)

5. Seaside Mafia

Seaside Mafia New Member

May 29, 2005
    London
    Brief, concise, to-the-point. Ta

Oddly, from the clips that I saw he reminds me of Paolo Di Canio.

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    true, they are similar players, just that Quagliarella doesn't have the short temper and fascist mindset...:D