Quad Injury

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by zcgf02, Sep 3, 2002.

1. zcgf02

zcgf02 New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Houston
    I got hammered in a pickup game this weekend. Some joker slammed his knee right into the outside of my left quad on Sunday (it's now Tuesday) and my leg is killing me. Anyone have good advice on how to treat a thigh contusion? And what about time off before I play again?

2. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    ice, stretching, light jogging, rest. That's what our athletic trainer had me doing when i really hurt my quad. i would ice it before and after practice followed by a lot of stretching and then i did about 30 minutes worth of jogging around the pitch.

3. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
  4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Happened to me a few years back. I went up for a header at the near post, took the goalkeeper's knee right at the bottom of my quad where it connects with the knee.

Leg was stiff for days, but it was pretty much ice and rest and nothing else until I could bend my leg comfortably again.

Robert

5. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    I pulled a quad about a week ago.

We were practicing shooting and when pulled my leg back to kick the ball, I strained my quad muscle.

I've rested it up and I can and pas and run now, but I try to shoot the ball hard or kick it hard to clear I get a sharp pain on front of my thigh.

Has this happened to anyone else?

How long was it before you were 100%?

6. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    JR that happened to me...it happens quite often now actually.

Mine never fully went away, it still pesters me when i take power shots.

The inital pain will go away in around 3 days but its easy to aggrevate again. Bengay works well...

7. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    the biggest thing is a nice long warm up and a nice long cool down. i generally do various warm up exercises for 15 minutes then stretch for a good 10 minutes. then cool down for about 10 minutes followed by a good 15 minute stretch. honestly...i think the cool down is just as important as the warm up.

8. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    It took me about a week before the pain subsidded with me. It's feeling a lot better, but I get a twinge of pain every once in a while. I play but I'm still nervous when I try and strike the ball hard. I just don't want to pull my thigh out like that again.

I think it will be about a another two weeks or so before I get up the confidence to hit the ball hard. Either that or it will just happen in a middlle of a game and hopefully I don't pull it again.