QPR Offseason Transfer News & Rumors ('08-'09!)

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Kevin H, May 5, 2008.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'll get the party started with news that the R's are apparently close to getting Radek Cerny (Spurs keeper who we nearly nabbed in the January window)...

Sporting Life

2. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game over for Pickens and/or Cole then? Both from the whisperings.

3. firefan96

firefan96 New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    I say game over initially for Camp and Cole. Pickens to be asked to remain as backup, but refuses as he could be a #1 elsewhere. Thus allowing Camp to remain on as #2 to Cerny. However, Camp may refuse as well as he wants to remain #1. To this I say Cole could then slide up to #2. Who knows!

4. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club has announced that "Sean Thomas, Aaron Goode, Andrew Howell, Stefan Bailey and Matt Pickens will be free to leave the Club when their current contracts expire at the end of June."

Thanks and good luck to Bailey, in particular, who made 18 starts and 4 sub appearances in all competitions for the R's over four seasons. He was 17 when he made his QPR debut in 04/05 and is still just 20 years old now. He should catch on somewhere a level or two below the Championship.

Howell made just one League Cup appearance for QPR (in 06/07). Goode, Thomas, and Pickens never played in a first-team match for Rangers.

------

As for keepers, Cole is signed through 08/09. He's cheap, young, and may be still happy to be a #3 at this level. However, he will turn 23 in September... even if they think he has potential, it may be time to loan him out and see how ready he is for action. After getting a taste of action in 05/06 and 06/07 (a combined 6 starts and 2 sub appearances in all competitions over two season) he didn't see the field with the first team in 07/08.

Camp is under contract for two more seasons, through summer 2010.

Camp has proven to be a pretty good #1 at this level. Is Cerny certain to beat him out? After seeing action in only cup games in 06/07, he had a 10-game run as #1 in January-February and has now started five in a row for them in April-May due to Robinson's injury.

I caught a bit of their game against Reading this weekend, but wasn't watching it with Cerny in mind. Anyone here see enough of Spurs to have an opinion on him?

5. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new article on the BBC website details how De Canio and Paladini work together in signing players.

The article also indicates:

6. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Cookie... yes please!!

Not surprised the R's are linked with a released Newcastle player, but I thought it might be Steven Carr. Although he might not want to drop a division. I think every released Premier League player will be rumored to join the R's this summer ;)

7. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Look like the Rs are close to signing released Newcastle defender Peter Ramage...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/2008/05/12/emotional-ramage-gets-to-say-goodbye-72703-20895975/

8. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These have been talked about under Paladini/DeCanio. You'd like to think that the next manager has approved of the signings before we went ahead with them.

Rumors on qprdot.org say that Dowie will be announced on Thursday. Of course, other rumors say it'll be Walter Novellino. Who knows?

Cerny, 34, is older than I realized, while Ramage, just 24, is younger than I thought.

I'm guessing Cerny didn't drop a division to sit on the bench. Is that really it for Camp?

10. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Lee looking for a transfer to another Championship club to insure a starting spot. Don't think a lot of Rs fans would be too happy with that. New manager and a new keeper to start a season doesn't exactly give the impression of continuing momentum.

11. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Guardian in today's Fiver:

:D

12. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wait till they comment on Dowie tomorrow...

It's not going to be pretty (baddum pish!) :D

13. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1312220,00.html

The R's have signed 19-year-old midfielder Matteo Alberti from Chievo Verona. He has signed a four-year deal. That club appears headed to promotion to Serie A. Alberti has yet to make a first-team appearance for them, although our official site insists that he's highly rated and we had to compete with several Serie A teams for his signature. As part of the deal, we'll host Chievo Verona in a pre-season friendly.

14. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Why do I get the feeling that our new owners feel like the answer to anything is to bring in an Italian :confused: Never made an appearance for his Serie B team...suposedly has interest from Seria A teams...yet he signs with a 2nd div. team in England???

Ok, maybe I am stretching. Really only DiCanio was brought in and he now has gone home. To be replaced by an uninspiring choice from England.

15. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  16. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Some of the latest rumors flying around about players that the Rs might be looking into...

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=506921

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=339622

http://www.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/showNews.php?id=11181

17. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The latest from the Kilburn Times:

The article also says "It looks increasingly likely that Blackpool's Latvian international centre-back Kaspars Gorkss will sign for the R's, although an agreement has yet to be reached," and while it indicates our targeting of Marlon Harewood appears to be "unproductive," we "do have a realistic chance" of signing Bobby Zamora.

The article also reports that some believe that the departure of Fulham managing director David McNally could clear the way for the R's to acquire Lee Cook.

18. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Nice - let's get Cookie back!

19. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn im still not used to this money thing with qpr. remember when Ian Evatt was a big signing?

20. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The official site has confirmed that we've put in a bid for Gorkss.

21. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On June 12th, our official confirmed that we made an offer to Blackpool for Gorkss.

Now their official website says that they, on June 11th, reported to the FA what they believe to be an "illegal approach" by QPR to Gorkss.

So, they complained on the 11th and we, on the 12th, confirmed that we'd made a bid (something the official site doesn't usually do). Interesting.

22. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kind of a real madrid-for-ronaldo situation perhaps? but on a much much much much smaller scale. I wonder if this kind of transfer foolery stuff is more common on the continent than the UK, I honestly dont know, meaning perhaps spanish and italian clubs (which, sorry, but we more or less are now) dont see it as as much of a problem to publically woo a contracted player against the wishes of their club.

23. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just wait till you get up top and start getting linked with every player under the sun :p. Quite nice at first, but then it starts getting annoying.

25. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic