Qatar World Cup - Oranje Victory to Come!

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Nov 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    You're thinking of a different Mendy. The accused Mendy is French.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Mendy FSF was thinking of is currently on the bench at Leicester City and rarely starts anymore

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    The “Mendy” who will make a difference whether it’s a 1-0 or 4-0 contest (in favor to Oranje, of course :D) is the goalie Edouard, who is currently Chelsea No. 1.

4. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hopefully LVG, Daddy Blind, and Edgar Davids have been watching recent footage of Mendy who does not look comfortable on the ball.
    Absolute horrific error by the Senegal keeper on Sunday who got stripped by the American Aaronson.
    Mendy had some problems last season too.
    Press him should be the plan from the Oranje coaching staff.

Oranje Agony repped this.
  5. Noa Lang on the injury list too.

6. Oranje Agony

Oranje Agony Member

Nov 22, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    One report says out 4-6 weeks. So he'll likely miss the September Nations League games. If LvG uses those for fine-tuning the WC roster and developing familiarity/chemistry between the likely top 15 players, missing those matches could certainly hurt Lang's chances of making it to Qatar.

7. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I’ll be very interested to see what LVG and “Chief Scout” Daddy Blind have in mind with Nations League matches coming up in a couple of weeks, and most of the Oranje squad struggling with their form or injured.
    Remember LVG said you have to be playing regularly to be selected.
    That “rule” will be tested based on the early season start for the potential Oranje squad.
    GK very much up in the air in my opinion as injuries have not helped establish either Bijlow or Cillessen, while Flekken has not looked secure in his Oranje appearances.
    Bijlow gets the nod for now, and 2 Clean sheets would make me feel better about him going forward.
    Defensively the quality of depth is very good, but not without questions.
    Virgil of all people is getting some stick for his mortal performances to begin his season at Liverpool, should not be doubted especially when you consider some of his club colleagues are far from World Class.
    Dumfries to start at RB is solid, and perhaps Frimpong gets the call with the hopes of receiving his first cap as a backup.
    Maybe Rick Karsdorp of Roma?
    The 3 Central Defenders are Virgil 100% but who partners him?
    De Ligt at Bayern Munich is expected to bring massive leadership there, so now is the time to step up I hope.
    Nathan Ake as the LVG preferred Left Leg has started to play quite well and develop nicely at Man City, but he picked up an injury so not sure what his status will be.
    De Vrij, & Timber, will be solid alternatives and perhaps left footed Sven Botman might get a callup now that he’s in the EPL.
    Left Back is completely unknown and must be sorted out immediately.
    Will it be Malacia who has started the past 2 matches at ManU or Wijndal, but he was on the Ajax bench to start the season last weekend, and when given a chance in the past with Oranje he has not played well.
    Please LVG NO Blind!
    Not at CB, LB, or holding Midfield.
    Goodbye it’s over Daley you cannot expect to play when you can’t run it keep up athletically.
    Enough with this stupidity it’s hurting the team plain and simple.
    Stop the madness!
    Midfield a weak area has many questions.
    Gini Wijndalum having endured a tough season at underachieving PSG just signed for Roma, but sadly broke his shin ruling him out for several months.
    Has to be very difficult blow for the 30 year old Vice Captain.
    His experience and tactical flexibility will be greatly missed, but remember he had been recently axed by LVG because of not playing regularly anyway.
    Who will join Frenkie in MF whose overblown transfer speculation from the poorly run Barcelona has dominated the summer headlines daily?
    Frenkie should leave that disgraceful club immediately, but he is settled there apparently, and still loves to play there, but he’s been not treated well, or even played in his best position.
    Klaassen does not start at Ajax and does not add much creativity to begin with.
    LVG must keep his non starting principals
    Guus Til also applies to this rule too, and both he and Klaassen don’t cut it internationally due to their creative limitations plain and simple.
    Berghius is longer a forward or winger for Oranje, or is he?
    Plays better at #10, but is not playing much to start this season himself at Ajax is either.
    He’s not truly good enough anyway honestly.
    Does Joey Veerman get a call up?
    Decent on ball for PSV, but seems to lack the required speed and athleticism needed.
    Koopmeiners at Atalanta has some potential. He will have to show it to the staff in training and with consistent strong performances playing at his club.
    Ryan Gravenberch made the move to Bayern Munich also this summer has quality but his form was not great last year and certainly it appeared that LVG took notice of that and punished him.
    His problem now will be getting the time at Bayern who rate him very highly, but it simply comes down to playing time and performance.
    De Roon and Clasie please no.
    Forwards are improving for Oranje, but are a mess with injuries and loss of form playing a role in this early season.
    Memphis needs move away from the dysfunctional Catalan team who have truly treated him poorly.
    He’s been rumored to go to several teams, but nothing has materialized as of yet.
    With a few days remaining in this transfer window he better get out of Barca or else he won’t be selected based on LVG “Rule”.
    Steven Bergwijn has moved to Ajax and has been excellent so he’s a guaranteed starter based off his past performances for Oranje to go along with his hot start at Ajax.
    Danjuma a big prospect after a great season at Villarreal has been injured for awhile unfortunately so I’m not expecting to see him for now anyway.
    Noa Lang another good looking player hoped for a summer move away from Club Bruges, which never happened is now injured as well.
    Donyell Malen at Dortmund has been hurt a lot had a strong preseason is currently injured too.
    Cody Gakpo a target of several teams came up very small in the high pressure Champions League Qualifying matches is likely to remain at PSV.
    He would be smart to do just that based on his recent lacking performances.
    The so called pinch hitter, target man should be Wout Weghorst who is now playing in Turkey, and NOT the PSV Captain Luuk De Jong, or the Belgian based Vincent Janssen.
    I personally want to see Brobbey get a chance but who knows what the thoughts are on him at this time.
    What will LVG and Daddy Blind do, and what are they watching or discussing regarding all of this?

8. That LvG "rule" is bogus, as he selected and played a dude who wasnot even on the bench for Ajax, ignoring Karsdorp.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You all can join me and just not watch this travesty. You will sleep better at night.

10. :D

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And we wont get our heart broken (again) :D

DutchFanatic and Orange14 repped this.
  12. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Jeremie Frimpong with 2 goals today (an obvious MoTM), and Leverkusen snapped a string of three consecutive losses… he’d be a solid tryout for RB backup. Karsdorp is more seasoned, but we know he keeps getting ignored. Not sold on Teze or Rensch. Done with Tete and Veltmam. Geertruida maybe?

richsavare and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not ready to give up on Veltman just yet. He got an 8/10 in yesterdays win over Leeds:

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/.../brighton-player-ratings-leeds-united-7518291

14. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wasn't he severely injured last season? Glad to see he has recovered and is doing so well! Seems to have huge potential, I would love to see him get a chance! Honestly with Dumfries, Frimpong and Karsdorp we have a pretty solid RB lineup. Frimpong seems to have the most potential to really become a top class RB.

richsavare repped this.
  15. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Malacia had a great game yesterday again. I really don’t wanna see Blind nowhere near the LB position with Malacia playing like that.

Oranje Agony and richsavare repped this.
  16. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I must be honest having watched the game yesterday and Veltman was excellent.
    In fact he’s played very well consistently for Brighton, but that being said he should absolutely NOT be selected for Oranje anymore.

17. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agreed 1 Million %

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    With Noa Lang injured Xavi Simons better get a callup for Nations L. games. He is now topscorer with 4 goals in 3 matches (2 goals today)

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not on the wings though but at AM.

20. Oranje Agony

Oranje Agony Member

Nov 22, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    FWIW: Rio Ferdinand recently compared Malacia to Patrice Evra.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  21. At least it will be reassuring for Antony he has Malacia in his team and not against him.

Oranje Agony and DutchFanatic repped this.
  22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And it will also be very reassuring for Feyenoord that Antony is not in our league anymore

Oranje Agony repped this.
  23. Much to the regret of comedy lovers.
    They will miss his theatrical "injury"-acts.

24. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    • The rule "you have to be playing regularly to be selected" will be broken. LVG will come up with excuse for his change.
    • Bijlow, Cillessen, Flekken in this order
    • My vote is to have De Vrij to pair with VVD in 4-3-3 but if they go 5-3-2 then De Ligt will join them in the starting lineup. Ake and Timber will be there. I would like to see Botman or Struijk (or both called up) but these call ups should have been earlier. Probably too late now as it seems LVG's mind has been set with the 5 CB (+ Blind).
    • "Please LVG NO Blind! Not at CB, LB, or holding Midfield." It ain't gonna happen but I agree with you. Blind is penciled in 99%. For LB it will be Malacia and Blind. Wijndal will be the odd man out this time. I hope Koeman will have the courage to drop Blind.

• I'd love to see Frimpong and Karsdorp but at this stage maybe 1 or none of them will be called up (no more Hateboer or Rensch please and no more trying Timbers at RB as well). It will be interesting for me to see what will LVG does here.
    • FDJ will stay although I hope he will be able to get his money before leaving for a good club. I agree that Barca is really a bad place to be and I have no longer cheer for this club with the way it treats FDJ. Memphis should also move to another club where he can start rather than benching at Barca which will not be good for NT.
    • With Gini injured, I think Klaassen will make the cut, not Till. I don't like him that much but in this case, "lesser of the two evils principle" will apply. Koop will partner FDJ. I think Veerman can be called up this time instead of De Roon or Clasie. It is probably too early to call Xavi Simons so Gravenberch will get the nod but I will take Simons over De Roon or Clasie.
    • With his current form Bergwijn seems to solidifies his starting position with Memphis up front.
    • I like Gakpo, Danjuma and Lang up front so I will take all 3 if I can before Malen.
    • Berghuis will have a spot, like Blind, can play at more than one position but not really good at any.
    • I also prefer Weghorst over LDJ or Janssen but LVG seems to like LDJ. Also at this stage I don't think LVG will try Brobbey although I also agree it is not bad to try him.
    • Overall I think LVG already settle in most positions so we may not see many new faces this time.
    • VVD's form is a concern, but he may just have a slow start. He's 31 and even though a late bloomer, his window of winning title is short. This may be his only WC so I hope he will lift the trophy.

richsavare and Oranje Agony repped this.