Q&A with Danita and Lucy

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Section 107, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    Season Ticket holders are being given an live, in-person Q&A with Danita and Lucy. At least this one is in the evening rather than mid-day. Post the questions you would like asked and I will try to ask them for you.

upload_2022-3-16_11-33-42.png

Winoman repped this.
  2. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Did anyone go to this?

Winoman repped this.
  3. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    unfortunately, I wasnt able to....fortunately, there wasnt much interest from here. I would like to know how the discussion went, too. oh well.

4. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A neighbor who attended said Lucy Rushton was very impressive.

fatbastard repped this.
  5. usadcu

usadcu Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    a quick note from a faulty memory-
    Rushton:
    > intent is to sign a third DP, they have their eyes on at least seven (I think that was the #) specific players
    > Flores hasn't been a $4.5M (or whatever his $ is) player, but he could be
    > data analytics is used at all levels, to look at current players' performance, to look at opponents, to narrow down recruitment so that human scouts can then provide eyeball evaluation. No decisions are made based solely on analytics; the professional assessment has to be there
    > she recently spent 5 days in Belgium watching several teams play

Johnson:
    > roof is going to be finished, along with some other things in the stadium. I think she maybe said 2023 (or 2024?)
    > she was open to getting more feedback on ADA issues in the stadium
    > no solution for geofencing re: trying to watch games on the website while out of town; she herself has had to deal with this.
    > overall she made a point about the growth in staffing that has happened in the past 6-9 months. I think she said from like 40 to >100 people now. This larger staff will now be seen across issues, like social media, community involvement, sales, etc.
    > the focus of the team regarding growth in the community is starting in the neighborhood, literally right next to the stadium, then will expand to DC, then to MD & VA. team data says most fans are within 15 mi radius of stadium. (in context of above point on increased staffing) expect to see a rollout of new (returned?) presence at youth soccer events in the region in 2023

Pagan:
    > broadcast team may return to field side for pre-game; this had been ix-nayed due to COVID

I'm sure I forgot something huge, like the new scarf machine or which game will have free beer, but maybe someone else can fill that in! ;)

My editorial comment would be that it was a good event with 90 min of Q&A, no remarks, just straight to the questions. It was an open exchange, with some of the questions fair but pointed, which didn't seem to bother the GM and Prez who responded forthrightly.

GlennAA11, sitruc, fatbastard and 4 others repped this.