Purg-Adu-tory: The continuing saga of Freddy's off season: Aug 1 no news since Sion move fails

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dark knight, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Purg-Adu-tory: The continuing saga of Freddy's off season: July 31 no news since Sion move fails

If he is still in limbo how about, "Freddy Adu: Club?? Adun't need no stinking club."

This would be post #

[​IMG]

2. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Re: Purg-Adu-tory: The continuing saga of Freddy's off season: July 31 no news since Sion move fails

Still like "Adu-de where's my club?"

3. PALE568

PALE568 Member

Jun 5, 2003
    mind your own.
    Re: Purg-Adu-tory: The continuing saga of Freddy's off season: July 30 Sion declines on Freddy Loan

I tend to agree w/this and have been frustrated by trying to wade through in-jokes and asides to find out news in this thread. However, I think the simple solution is for the mods to provide an update in the title of the thread every time hard news emerges (as they seem to have w/the Sion trial) and perhaps also include a post cite in the modified thread title (i.e. "July 30: Sion Trial Denied see post #933 (or whatever)") That way you can go right to the post in question and maybe read a few pages of directly relevant comments. That would be much appreciated. At any rate, I think the mods have done a good job on this, all things considered.

4. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Perhaps, Shakespeare said it best "Much Ado About Nothing"

or the be bop song from the '70's

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHSADyRR8x8&feature=PlayList&p=E12AF6E988AB8774&playnext=1&index=49"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHSADyRR8x8&feature=PlayList&p=E12AF6E988AB8774&playnext=1&index=49[/ame]

CRon started his career as number 17

[​IMG]

5. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Adun't Believe Some of You Really Think I'm Going To Take A Paycut".

6. rlawrence

rlawrence Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Finding Freddy - Adu'nt know where he'll wind up next"

7. djedi

djedi New Member

Apr 20, 2010

Adu'in it Adu'in it & (not) doin' it well

8. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Adu-ra the Explorer: Exploring my options"

9. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

This may be a winner :)

10. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In deep adu-du this time

11. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks DK, I take pride in my "Freddy Adu thread title suggestion skills"
    as all responsible BS posters should. ;)

12. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My late entry is

Adu? Where's my team?

13. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Purg-Adu-tory: The continuing saga of Freddy's off season: July 30 Sion declines on Freddy Loan

You guys have dropped the hammer on infractions far less severe than the carnival of stupid these threads have become.

I'm not posting in the other thread because the Moderators are a lost cause on this issue. They've had the power to put a stop to this and they haven't preferring to join in rather than, you know, moderate the thread.

If 1,000 posts in a week or so (with roughly 4 containing news and roughly a dozen containing analysis) sounds "moderate" to you, I can't help you.

So I decide to go straight to the source of the problem and beg and ignore what is clearly not a solution to the problem. You've fallen down on your job, and you can't hand wave it away.

14. rlawrence

rlawrence Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We like our Adu threads. We like to postulate, discuss, argue, hypothesize and have fun. You are welcome to enjoy them with us, and contribute, or you can choose also not to read and participate.

Since it seems to be such a source of pain and disappointment for you, why bother? Your complaining is adolescent at best. Go find your happy place ...

1 person likes this.
  15. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know, I mean my interests really only extend to soccer and how our American players are doing overseas. Clearly I'm looking in the wrong forum.

So yeah, I'll take your advice and look elsewhere for information. Next time I want one and a half star comedy (and I'm being generous), I'll skip the Friedberg and Seltzer movies and come right here to the land of the way too easily amused.

16. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

I used that a few posts before yours, but Adu-de where's my team?

Seems we have 2 votes for that one now.

17. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Maybe you could tell us how you'd like your news served to you and we'll bring it to you with your breakfast in bed.

Look - I'm not against strictly moderating these threads. I'm definitely part of the joke problem in this thread because to me, it's a welcome relief from the incessant arguments between Freddy supporters and detractors. But as you yourself noted, there are about 3 or 4 posts with news - are we supposed to keep these threads to one page so you don't have to be bothered to make one post asking what's going on?

When I proposed a 25 post limit - I'm not sure that many people wanted serious restrictions placed on these threads, but I think we could even set the limit to an even lower number. But, like I said, if you have suggestions, we're open to hearing them. I honestly don't know what the solution is or whether we need one for something that one would hope will be resolved at some point in the near future.

18. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Ya can't please everyone...

suggest a solution then.

I have one. An actual news thread for Adu and a general discussion thread for Adu. But the actual news thread will be about 1 page long all summer.

The discussion (silly or serious or whatever) gives most of us an outlet to have fun between the long downtime of serious freddy news. It seems you are one of the very few who really are opposed to this style of thread, I may note. If you don't want to participate, don't. But quitcherbitchin if you won't propose a solution.

1 person likes this.
  19. nealesk

nealesk Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Santa Fe, NM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hey I've got something to add to this conversation

Adu is done, stick a fork in him.

this is my 3rd post in the thread, maybe 5th or 6th. I don't know but I know I'm nowhere near close to 25. SO EVERYBODY JUST KNOW THAT AND WE'RE COOL.

20. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, I'm done.

Was watching the World Cup final and was talking with some fans who wondered why I was still wasting time at Big Soccer. I said that despite the fact that it could be annoying, it was a good source of news aggregated in one spot, particularly for youth players and transfers abroad.

So now that this apparently is no longer on the menu (and has to apparently be special ordered), I guess I really don't have a reason to stick around.

I like it here and I like most of the long timers here like you, so I suppose I can leave with a helpful bit of friendly advice: you really should make drastic changes to how this forum is run. Threads like this kill this place. Bye.

21. Erlking

Erlking Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

See ya

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Some people just can't take a joke. :)

23. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Yours isn't the first complaint in this thread about this issue, so we're discussing it. But BigSoccer isn't just about extracting news - if it were, in my opinion this place would get pretty dry. And people don't come here just to have news, they come here to hang out with like minded fans and shoot the breeze, joke around, etc.

Given that folks are frustrated with not being able to wade through all the chat, I think we should try a news only thread - any volunteers to be in charge of updating? We mods will delete any thing not news related.

24. soonertony

soonertony Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I really don't get the glib sarcasm coming from a moderator. Between this absurd thread and the baffling decision by the mods to dedicate an entire thread to discussing Freddy Adu's age, the handling of this forum with regards to this particular player has been poor at best, recently. I am in voros' camp on this one, for what it's worth (not much, obviously).

Hey look! Someone made a pun! HA!

25. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If this is Waiting for Go-du, he may say he is leaving, but in fact never does.