Pumas vs. Boca [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Classic.

2. JoeFX

JoeFX Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Mexico's third base
    I stayed up til 4.15am to see the game live, too bad Pumas lost, it would've been so sweet to see them win over Boca in La Bombonera, but honestly I felt they were done when the match ended on a draw.

An unbiased point of view (the italian commentator) said that Abbondanzieri should've been sent off because of the handball, also commented on the difference between Boca's and Pumas' fouls.

3. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

rep to whoever posts that pic of the wheelbarrow.

i searched and couldnt find it. i think it was from terra.

4. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Only one I could find...

[​IMG]

5. Cosme

Cosme Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Houston
    how shameful.

i was beat. :( :(

6. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    you should change your name to "justslow"

:D

7. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In what other sport does an athlete who cheats and should of been ejected from the game, win the MVP and takes home a new car. i love futbol, but only in futbol do they make the rules while they go along. in what other sport do they reschedule a championship game to benefit another team. How many times are we south americans going to cheat mexican teams. i am colombian, but the way these mexican teams have been playing lately, i have to give them my respect. they have testaterone, and always play to win the game. the conmebol should be ashamed of what happened last night. lets stop cheating the mexicans. your cares if they win south american tournaments. i don't have a complex, if they win, then they deserve it.

8. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i gotta wait 24 hrs to pass out rep, but its coming...

9. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Q: How does an Argentinian commit suicide?
    A: He jumps off his ego.

10. csrr03

csrr03 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Los Angeles
    What? watch the video and see for yourself Red Card It's funny how Palermo always tries to bully everyone around. He should learn how to make pk before acting as if he's the best in the world. I'll always remember Bofo raising the 4 fingers and Cruz Azul's superiority in the CL finals

11. BlackComyn

BlackComyn New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Wrong on both counts. The rules say if an "obvious" goal scoring chance is denied. Clearly it was an obvious goalscoring chance. Whether he would have scored or not is beside the point. If you don't think it was an obvious goal scoring chance I suggest you watch the replay.

Also the pumas penalty should not have been a penalty. Again from the laws of the game it states that the hand-ball has to be "deliberate". Watch the replay and think about if it was deliberate.

So overall the ref and linesmen probably weren't overly biased but they certainly were incompetent. Another example of the refereeing in the Americas not being good enough.

I feel proud of the Pumas players today.

12. FuR!oU$x

FuR!oU$x New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    California
    lol oh ********, that happened. hahahha thats great! im proud to be more americanista now :D

13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm obsessed with US soccer, and no fan of Mexican soccer at all.

Saying that, what an absolute disgrace last night. Quite simply, the ref didn't have the balls to send off Pato in Argentina. That's a red card in any other stadium last night. In Ukraine. In Thailand. In Mozambique. There's nothing else you can say. It couldn't have been more obvious.

All credit to Pumas though. They didn't freak out and pummel the guy, like he deserved.

14. Austinite

Austinite New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Anyone have a pic/screen shot of "pato" outside the box and touching the ball?

15. Austinite

Austinite New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Taken directly from fifa.com
    http://www.fifa.com/en/regulations/regulation/0,1584,3,00.html

Sending-Off Offences
    A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following seven offences:
    1. is guilty of serious foul play
    2. is guilty of violent conduct
    3. spits at an opponent or any other person
    4. denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
    5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
    6. uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
    7. receives a second caution in the same match.

16. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004

Look up someone already posted a video of it. It is so freaking obvious that he touched the ball.
    The refs actions are a complete joke, and Abondazzieri got "man of the match" and a new car, what a damn travesty.
    That fool should be ashamed of his actions.
    But sometimes i get the feeling that Boca feels entitled to these cups and cheating is just part of their process. What's sad is that its obvious to all of South America and still things dont change. :(

17. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, that was a RED all the way. Disgrace by the ref. If a Mexican teamis towin CL or CS they willneed to win their home leg and at least tie the return. There was no way UNAM was coming out with the victory in Argentina, Conmebol would not allow it.

Too bad for UNAM, they played a good series and we all saw the crappy Conmebol refs that screwed up the last match and not counting that goal in Mexico City that crossed the line.

Conmebol sucks.

19. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yep, i feel proud today, too. Thanks for that video, very good. Thanks also to the non-mexico fans who have come here to commiserate with us... what a great quick break move, though, ripped the f.uckers apart it did...

Blackcomyn is right, again...USA10Goal seems to have made up his mind based on what he wants, not what he sees and reads...

20. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I like how Pineda stood up to Palermo.

21. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Whoa, insane. What a blantant rip. I know a day late, sorry. Palermo is a true villain.

22. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn, I miss those Televisa broadcasts.

I get chills when the ref shows him the yellow card and you hear all these people scream no!! are those the Pumas players????

23. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    That was very cool. I figured there had to be a decent contingent of Pumas fans to make that much noise.

24. csrr03

csrr03 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Los Angeles
    yeah, kid got some balls especially when he kicked that pk. funny how the smallest mexican players walk around with the biggest balls.