Pumas V. America [R]

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Apr 9, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG]
    America's soccer player Kleber Boas, center, from Brazil, reacts after failed a shot against Pumas's team at the Aztec stadium in Mexico City, Mexico, on Sunday, April 9, 2006 during their Mexico league championship soccer match. ( AP Photo/ Claudio Cruz):D

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG]
    Pumas' soccer player Jose Luis Lppez, center, is congratulates by his teammates after Lopez scored a goal against America's team at the Aztec stadium in Mexico City, Mexico, on Sunday, April 9, 2006 during their Mexico league championship soccer match.. ( AP Photo/ Claudio Cruz):D

3. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Re: During, After...Pumas V. America

I would rather have him start over Botero because it pissed me off when he ruined some good counterattacks. Something I think Morales wouldn't do because of his excellent ball control and passing ability

4. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles

Pumas the Mexican Barcelona?

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles

I'd beg to differ. True Miguel gave some playing time to some of the noobs but IMO it wasn't enough. That and he had shit players in starting roles when they obviously don't belong there. Case in point: Marioni, Sideshow Bob (who strangely enough was from la cantera but IMO did not deserve a starting role) and Victorino. Espanya wasn't as bad as they say he was to the point where he ********ed up the team. My only problem was just that, not giving the noobs enough playing time and his inconsistancy with a solid formation. Shit I would have thrown in some of the noobs like Chiapas and Morales after seeing their talent because its obvious that theyre better than some of the actual starters they have. Overall though I'm satisfied with Memo Vasquez's work and I hope he keeps up bring out a new generation of stars

6. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

had espanya not started so many players in many different scenarios, memo and directiva would had still been clueless as far who works and who doesn't in real playtime, not on practice only....we saw that with espanya and he had the gutts to do it because la directiva wanted exactly that...the media pushed him out and since the directivos do not want to lose their place he was simply "let go"...espanya did a lot of dirty work and we have to recognize that, he was just following orders of la directiva...la directiva wanted him to try new players by using both libertadores and la liga and so he did so when the noise in the media got to the fans who reacted also negatively, then directiva just fired espanya...little more patience and he would had been ok...however, had he stayed in pumas his defensive style kinda sucked...memo is letting the players just play, have fun, and be creative and that has resulted on climbing players' morale...this final touch will make the difference for the rest of the season...cuidado con pumas otra vez, entra de abajo y tiene confianza...no more experiments it seem, at least not that many...it was about time, pumas will go to the liguilla once again watch...

7. UNION_1906

UNION_1906 New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    *chico-california*
    pumas no tiene mujer
    pumas no tiene marido...
    jajajajaja

congratulations UNAM.

8. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    frekin A, soccertv said game was at 5est and i only recorded 1/2 of it.

I callled it tho, Pareja with the gol, new avatar coming up...

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG]

...i missed EL COLOR de DEPORTV yesterday...can anyone post a link to access it here pleaseeee!!!!....

10. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california

I agree with you 100% on this, it would have been interesting to have seen this same pumas team in Libertadores, I bet it would have been much different with this roster but I understand what you'er saying with España giving many of these young players that playing time they needed so did the bad results come up but in the end giving them that confidence not only in La Liga but that international exposure really served them well and eventually got them to the level that they've shown here as of late. It was obvious there had to be some pain before pleasure but some of these young pumas players really adapted well and quickly and it is now paying off.

I wouldnt be so harsh on players like Botero either like some of you out there, Botero is a leader and has amazing physical strenght for his age, the guy ran up and down the entire game and maybe was a little out of breath towards the end but he has been the only bright spot for Pumas even when they were getting embarrased a few games back, I also remember the difference he made for pumas during that Sudamericana run so for some of you to turn your backs on him now and talk bad about him makes no sense.

The kid Fernando Morales is fierce and will be a great player as long as he doesnt suffer an injury, I am very impressed with this guy. What an amazing performance by Leandro again, even with a busted nose he initiated the play that led to the second goal and he was the one fouled right before the 3rd and final goal by pumas! what a great leader and fierceless player he is !!!!!

I like everything Pumas is doing right now except for continuing to field Iñiguez:mad: that guy is worthless !! when are teams or coaches going to get that through their head ??? he never did amount to anything with Morelia and with Pumas he has shown time and time again that HE IS NOT a player that will make a difference. He missed some incredible goal opportunities against Boca in the Sudamericana final and yesterday he blew what would of been probably the goal of the year in our league when Pumas made a beautiful first touch play that ended up in his feet and he should have either shot at goal with his left foot or passed to his teamate who was waiting all alone on the other side and he did NEITHER! he's garbage and I truly believe his time is up, they need to just say thanx to this guy for whatever he's done and make room for a younger player who WILL come in and make a difference instead of wasting a starting or even bench spot on a guy like him.

11. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    yeah that one was hella funny but my favorite one was:

LLOOORAAA LLLORAAAA Cuauhteeeeemoc !!!!
    PORQUUEEEE A ALEMAAAANIAAA !!!!
    NO VAAAASSS A LLEGAAAAARRRRR !!!!! lolx

I wonder if La Jugada will show anything extra on this game ....

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yep, that was great... great day indeed.

Wonderful in the stadium:- Marioni went 871 minutes without scoring, Parejita has now 4 goals in the league (+ 1 in Libertadores) which is a record for him. I agree with you all about Morales, I am a big fan, and I would rather see him start.

España undoubtably let us have a look at a lot of players in often strange positions:- but ultimatley it was just TOO many changes, TOO many new players, and some really wierd ideas (Sideshow as lone striker, anyone?). Yes we have benefitted from seeing how well morales has responded, but they ought have been able to see that, and already a more stable team selection seems to be giving benefit:- confidence visably coming back. We owned the azteca sunday, and own it now:- they haven't beaten us there in the league since 2000, I think, tee hee.

Got to go to Cuba, so will miss the next trip to the Azteca (Atlante), but will be back in time for the last home match (well, hopefully not last:- Liguilla, we have every chance now) Maybe I am getting overexcited, but if we do get nine points from the last 3, we will NOT start next season bottom of the percentages. Incidently, it was our first away win since 31st July 2005, when newly signed Martin Cardetti came on against Santos to score a late winner, 2-1.

A day to savour, let me tell you... and talk about rubbing salt into the wounds, The youngsters beat America Youth 4-0 in the Azteca yesterday...

13. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  14. chivisima

chivisima BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 24, 2006
    Tarzana, Ca
    jajajaja
    that was a good one
    congratulations my fellow pumas!!!!!!!!!
    ya nada mas le falta a cruz azul ganarle al america el sabado, para que su temporada haya sido todo un fiasco!!!!!

15. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

el puma de terrazas es el vivo retrato del parejita lopez. :D

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...yep, pretty much over...i am not sure why they fired carrillo...pendej..os

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...si hay algo de parecido en lo fisico...le hubieran puesto unos cuantos chinos semidorados como las que se carga en la cholla...