Pulisic and Musah all games PBP thread

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by bungadiri, Dec 5, 2020.

1. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nice showing by Musah, if he ever gets a final product he is going to be really something.

Pulisic did Pulisic stuff, I don't think he really gets much blame for the third goal, he was doing all he could to carry the offense and he could have been a bit winded even if he was only playing a half.

Oh well need to come out this week and put Rennes away early, and then rest some offensive players. Milan has absolutely no depth for a top flight team that wants to contend in multiple competitions.

Pioli makes some decisions that appear awfully naive at times and that must be why the front office folks (Ibra, etal) find him so frustrating. The other choice is too run your guys into the ground and let injuries dictate, but maybe there is some room between rotation and the entire frontline sitting.

The giving up of goals immediately after a score are another monumental concern, and that really should have been fixed already. In the grand scheme I doubt it matters as has been already stated. CL next year and a deep run in the EL wouldn't hurt Pioli's chances of being around next year.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    BTW, I think ultimately the defensive breakdowns are on Pioli (and the shape of the midfield and not-quite-good-enough CDs.) It happens too often with different personnel to be a single player or play.

3. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was already a for sure that Conte was going to be the next Milan coach? Wasn’t that confirmed somewhere?

4. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They definitely would struggle to find someone of similar ability.

5. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Confirmed contradicted confirmed, contradicted, or at least that is my understanding of the gossip. It seems like that is a Serie A thing and especially Milan, every loss he is getting fired... a couple of wins on the trot and its "we will review our situation at the end of the season."

6. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leao right now is helping because he takes the pressure off the other attackers…but how long will that continue?

ChicagoVT repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Leoa is frustrating but he's also a very dynamic player, dangerous, fun to watch and he's a very good foil for CP in my opinion. CP is pretty effective as the guy hanging on the "weak" wing, given more space than he should be because Theo and Leao make problems down the left - then when the ball come CPs way, he's got some room and the D is often a bit unbalanced. I think it's a better role for him than being the main go-to guy more often. I think it's also good that Loftus-Cheek is showing well in the middle, letting CP perfect his right touch game. Granted Carboni is pretty slow, but CP knew if he got the ball with any kind of space he could toast him - and he did on that goal. Leao annoying, but for sure entertaining - except today when he seemed annoyed to have to play.

8. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #13183 ChrisSSBB, Feb 19, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    As long as he doesn't try to go to EPL

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    "Pulisic ha ribaltato la partita" is the sentiment in the Inferno Rossonero ("Pulisic turned the game around").

In Sofascore, Puli is the #3 in average season ratings (7.27), only behind Leao (7.32) and Giroud (7.36).

10. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Dude, you are projecting.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Lol. Astral when possible.

(of course, it's possible, although it is also not impossible that him not being 100% fit and expecting the day off made him annoyed that he could not play 100% flat out - and it didn't look like he was near as mobile as usual. But that probably me and the purple crystals...)

12. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Rennes must of had a really bad night

Jesus

13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Musah and Pulisic both start at Rennes, leading 3-0 aggregate. Mostly the "healthy first choice side," but Handsome Striker Man and RLC on the bench.

Winoman repped this.
  14. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Somehow, this is Theo's first club match in France, despite being born in Marseille and having 20+ caps for France.

Bajoro, Winoman, Rossonero23 and 2 others repped this.
  15. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Thanks for the pbp Casper :thumbsup:

Winoman repped this.
  16. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cmon Theo gotta find Pulisic in space there. Wide open but forces it to a covered Leao instead.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  17. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was just about say that Pulisic was looking great so far. Then he overhits the pass to Bennacer.

They are trying to combine at least just, a little off so far.

18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Rennes have come out fired up trying to make the match interesting by scoring ASAP. There will be counterattack chances. CP tracking back hard, but has already beaten people on the dribble a few times. Musah shaded left of the three man midfield. They're forcing the ball to Leao as DCU referenced above.

19. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Teo just absolutely stood there frozen. wtf

Casper repped this.
  20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Nice long low shot from Bourigeaud to close to 3-1. Musah was hustling over to attempt a shot block, but late.

21. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game on, 1-0 Rennes, Golazo from 25 yards out. Possibly on Musah he shifted over late. Not sure who was supposed to be on him.

Also have to ask questions about the Goalie. He hasn't been saving much lately.

Casper repped this.
  22. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Milan know how to defend deep, they need to try to keep the ball.

23. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Musah does so well dribbling away from two defenders that the commentator congratulates Leao, thinking it was him.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  24. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice try, well defended

25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Maignan checked out possibly wants out of racist Italy.
    From Filet Maignan to spam. Embarrassing