Puertorican soccer - partII

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Intru, Jul 19, 2008.

1. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    Here's the problem...

1. Islanders have the territorial rights for Bayamon, so basically Bayamon FC have to find somewhere else to play, unless they can come to some sort of agreement with the Islanders that would allow them to play in Bayamon.

2. Islanders will be playing in the PRSL, because CFU have said that they need to play the local league otherwise they can't participate in the Champions Cup, reason why Islanders have the territorial rights in the PRSL.

2. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    As to #1, I'm sure something can be worked out because sort far they have been able to co-exist. Surely the FPF and PRSL see they are better off having them both playing were they are, as long as it is believed the city can support the both of them.

As to #2, this is the first I've heard of it but I figured sooner or later the Islanders would be playing in the PRSL. It just makes sense that CCC/CFU would eventually say you have a league sanctioned in your home country so you should have to play in that league. But the Islanders committed a few months ago to playing in the NASL which I don't get because the cost involved in flying around North America with little profit to be gained has got to be worst then the lack of revenue to be had playing in PRSL.

3. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    They'll be playing both leagues, just as River and Sevilla will be playing the PRSL and USLPro

4. pozinho

pozinho Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Madrid
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hi everyone. I notice yesterday days ago, that the PRSL web is already working. Of course, some parts are still under construction, but at least, there is a schedule.

http://www.prsoccer.org/default.htm

5. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  6. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  7. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    I thought the Islanders already played in the PRSL with there Reserve Team/ Islanders B. I thought you meant that the CFU was saying they could not place any team in USL/NASL (to be clear they committed to playing in NASL). I hadn't even of Sevilla and River Plate joing USL. Its been informative I'll have to do a better job in keeping up with the teams down there but it should get easier with them joing USL.

8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Islanders B was basically what turn into Sevilla in 2008, Islanders only had Islanders C for the PRSL league in 2009 not they got rid of their academy so they dont even have that. The PRSL league Islanders are the NASL Islander probably with a bunch of tryout players

9. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    The Islanders beat Vancouver on semifinals 2 -0 by Nicholas Addlery, both goals on 2nd extra time, we face now Carolina Railhawks on finals.

10. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    How are the Puerto Rico coach and a few players of going to handle the match congestion? Between the islanders in the USL championship, conca champions and carribean tournament its going to be a busy couple of weeks.

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Adrian W is going to coach the first nat game Alexis will be their to but the rest of the Islanders will not be available until the finals are over. Jack Stefanosky is going to coach the nat after the first game.

12. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico climb 41 positions on the FIFA ranking, from 170 to 129 with only two games played from three (Saint Martin isn't a FIFA member), and winning all the 3 games on the beginning of this month, since 2008. :)

13. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    What about the players are they going to play for the Islanders or national team? Seems like a good group Puerto Rico is in, are they calling in all their top guys?

14. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Thats what I just said.... The Islanders players arn't going to play for the nat until the USSF finals are over, with the exception of Alexis that will play in this weeks game.

15. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    oops sorry missed that only caught the coaching part.

16. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Great news. If only the NT would continue to be alive over the next couple of years, and not only play during mandatory tournaments.

17. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    I agreed, and thats why I'm upset with the Federación Puertorriqueña de Fútbol.

18. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Guatemala might play PR in a FIFA friendly match

19. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I wont believe it until I see it, Serralta might just spend the money on a Denny's power day

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    St Kitts/Nevis - Puerto Rico 1-0 FT

21. randombpt

randombpt New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Waterbury
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    0-3-0 for Puerto Rico. It was pathetic and the excuses some may have some sense but the rest is just excuses by the Federation President. And always Puerto Rico gets the crapper. Now let's see how many more years it will take for the National Team to be active again.

22. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Maybe we need to wait 2 more years LOL :eek:

23. randombpt

randombpt New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Waterbury
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    The NT will participate in 2 years because that's when the 2014 WC Qualifiers start.

24. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a question for you guys: so apparently FIFA recognizes the DirecTV Supercopa as Puerto Rico's "National League", but I was more interested in knowing why the Islanders are participating. Is it just for fun/to help the PRSL out, or has the Fed decided to put one of Puerto Rico's qualifying spots for the CFU Club Championship up for grabs in the Supercopa?