pubs around WHL?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Oct 28, 2004.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i'm going to be in for the charlton match on 6 nov.

i've been to london a time or two, but this is the first time it's worked out for me to get to a spurs match at the lane. a cursory look at the map says it's just a underground ride to the 'seven sisters' stop and a few minutes' walk north up the high road to the stadium. if there's a better way, feel free to let me know.

but more importantly (as maps are naturally deficient in this matter), what/where are the best pubs in the area in which to enjoy a pre/post match pint?

any help from the locals (or anyone who knows) would be appreciated.

2. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    All pubs are good and usually very crowded. Some require a match ticket to enter. There's a biggie just opposite the ground.

Also, 'a few minutes walk from Seven Sister' is funny. Its about 20minutes.

3. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I've been in a few around the ground. Rudolph's is usually pretty packed and has a good atmosphere. The entrance is right next to the main gates (West Stand) so especially convinient if you have seats there. You need to have your ticket on you to get in.

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    relative to some of the treks i've had to make in order to see an evening's worth of footy, a twenty minute walk is nothing.

thanks for the responses, though. somehow i was under the impression that there weren't that many pubs in the immediate vicinity of the stadium. dunno where i got that from. pleased to be wrong.