PSV rules

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by freekicker, Oct 26, 2004.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    So was I ;). I thought I knew what you meant. :)

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

who said you were?

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    :eek:. I'm sorry I was joking. I guess I have a bad sense of humor.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well it seems that you and your fellow Ajax supporters (and your management, on that note) rate greatness in abstract terms. I prefer to go by results.

Especially for clubs like Twente who aim to battle for a UEFA spot every season, the UEFA coefficient is of tremendous importance. It's also important in general for Dutch football. Agree with the points system or don't, I can't see how you can deny that.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Also PSV have stated in clear and direct terms this season that they want to be crowned champions AND get to the second round of the CL. Ajax have stated in clear and direct terms that they'll settle for a UEFA cup place. So when it comes to ambition, PSV definitely seems the bigger club right now.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Funny that you should say that a couple of weeks after the Ajax board sacked Van Gaal for demanding a CL second round spot and Ajax management thinking they should settle for the UEFA cup.

7. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    Why Ajax choke all the time in European Cups?

8. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    Again, the experts have spoken! Ajax choke ALL THE TIME in European Cups! You heard it here! :rolleyes:

Of course, the 4 champions league wins, 1 uefa cup win, 1 cup winners cup win, 3 european super cup wins, and 2 world club cup wins are true measures of a team that choke all the time :rolleyes:

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Also it's not so much a matter of choking at the moment. They're just not good enough.

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ok... fine then... a loss at home to teplice is exactly the same as a loss at san siro, a win over PAOK Thessaloníki is exactly the same as a win over lyon, a draw at freiburg is the same as a draw at arsenal

happy now? :rolleyes:

of its important to get results, i'm just pointnig out that CL points are harder to earn then equally awarded UEFA cup points... is that so strange? AJAX have played mostly CL matches over the last 5 years, psv and feyenoord have oodles of UEFA cup results in that time... therefore judging from merely from the subjective statistics doesn't really prove much of anything except that they have more coefficent points

precisely

11. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    News in Germany are that Borussia Dormtund is lining up a 1.8 Mio Euro bid for Mark van Bommel this winter. He is out of contract next summer and Eindhoven (especially the investors that provided the money to buy MvB some years ago) want to grab that small transfer fee instead of letting him walk out for free next June.

12. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i think the popularity of ajax stems from its youth squad program, which is known as the best across the world, and not as much for its senior squad.

13. ADO Den Haag

ADO Den Haag Member

Sep 17, 2003
    It's incredible how Ajax crashed and burned, surely it is just not because the loss of Ibrahimovic?

Anyway, PSV is looking impressive, conceding almost no goals. If they still are not able to get through to the next round, PSV will probably become so traumatised that they will be too affraid to compete in the CL ever again.

There is also no way that they will let go of MvB now, if they are a footballclub they will place more value to sportive successes rather than a minimal financial gain. And they probably can make more money by keeping him to play him in Europe.

14. ADO Den Haag

ADO Den Haag Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Utter nonsense! Ajax is the most succesful Dutch footballclub and it has produced most of the wellknown Dutch footballplayers. Plus they have been able to do it by playing football which appeals to lovers and connaisseurs of the Game. Although they haven't been able to (consistently) play like they're expected to play for quite some time now.

15. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    Do you think I have any respect left for the Ajax board? Anyway, it's looks likes it's all over but the shouting. WTF.

16. Bruz

Bruz New Member

May 24, 2004
    Melbourne
    The whole board needs to be reshuffled. Obviously the infighting has effected the players and there confidence. Hopefully there will be no more displays like last night.