PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by RWB1, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Roger Schmidt will be sacked before the end of the season.

BaritoPutra repped this.
  2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Should have been sacked end of last season imho. He’s very erratic in his game management, and some of the personnel decisions are outrageously bad.

Today was no different. On-form Madueke on the bench was puzzling. Propper, gulp. And then, Captain Gakpo (who was the only PSV player showed up to the game) was replaced shortly after HT. The subs… Doan, ugh. Vinicius, lol (so out of shape, he ate one too many donuts).

OTOH, Schmidt’s counterpart today, Arne Slot had a solid game plan, and his team executed perfectly. Such a stark contrast.

wilson00 and Orange14 repped this.
  3. Nope. Some players are there because of him. He goes, those players go, and they're not the scrubs in the team.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The players are under contract and still will be under contract regardless.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    big time

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV with another lackluster performance were lucky to come away with a win over Go Ahead Eagles. van Ginkel got the winner four minutes from full time with an unmarked header off a corner kick.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    PSV could/should have killed the game before they conceded the goal... there had 2 or 3 great chances. Zahavi missed a header. Gakpo forced a fine save. I think there's one or two other clear-cut chances. The problem with PSV is their terrible midfield. Nobody takes in charge. The likes of Thomas and Doan are outrageously bad, probably good enough for mid-table, but certainly not for PSV. Boscagli moving to the midfield wasn't a fix either today, as he kept giving the ball away.

BTW - Obispo was one lucky man. His reckless challenge in the dying minute could have been his second yellow (and worse, an equalizing goal for GAE). The 1 and 1/2 matches (90 mins v. Feyenoord, and 45 mins today) I saw Obispo playing didn't give me confidence at all that he would be make it to the top. He is too tentative to my liking. We'll see.. maybe better days ahead for him.

Orange14 repped this.
  8. The reason the game plan works I think is because the players enjoy to do it.
    It's always a positive game plan with Slot.

9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Watching PSV. Eventful first half for Zahavi!! Missed a glorious chance.. a free header 2 meters in front of goal, straight to the GK. A few minutes later, he indeed scored on header from a very acute angle. Except it was past his own goalie for an own goal :p

Scored yet another goal afterwards, this time to the right net for an equalizer.:D

Busy Gakpo so far. But no end product yet…

10. Fred Grimm:"We shot once on the goal and scored twice".

Zahavi really is a hot/cold player.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    PSV gifted another goal in the second half… resulting in a 1-2 defeat. Drommel with a WTF moment, letting the ball slipped his hand and rolled to the net. A colossal mistake all over, as the moment before, Sangare gave the ball away in his own half.

PSV is in self-exploding mode. Schmidt must go!

Orange14 repped this.
  12. LaMascara repped this.
  13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Joey Veerman is reportedly heading to PSV. Could work really well for both parties!! PSV need an injection of young and hungry talent in midfield. I think PSV missed Rosario, much more than they expected. Veerman fits the bill. Van Ginkel is over the hill, so is Propper. The likes of Gutierrez and Thomas have never made it. Boscagli is a lot better in central defensive position.

Veerman and Sangare could be an interesting duo, playing a double pivot supporting an attacking midfielder (Gotze). Both are only 23-24 years old, but already have plenty of run time in Eredivisie.

14. Where ever he lands, I hope he proves me wrong.

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Gulp.. right on cue. Propper is going into (an early) retirement!

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    [QUOTE="feyenoordsoccerfan, post: 40222624, member: 73827"

Marca voorspelt: Noni Madueke kan exploderen in kalenderjaar 2022[/QUOTE]

If/when Gakpo is transferring out this Summer (strong possibility), Madueke can/should be be the man in attack for PSV. But first he needs to improve his fitness and get a run of plays without getting injured. He's missing too many games this season. 18 and counting. Per transfermarkt:

21/22 Muscle Injury Dec 10, 2021 - 47 days 7
    21/22 Muscle Injury Oct 22, 2021 Nov 30, 2021 39 days 7
    21/22 Muscle Injury Sep 22, 2021 Oct 12, 2021 20 days 4

https://www.transfermarkt.us/noni-madueke/verletzungen/spieler/503987

17. If/when Gakpo is transferring out this Summer (strong possibility), Madueke can/should be be the man in attack for PSV. But first he needs to improve his fitness and get a run of plays without getting injured. He's missing too many games this season. 18 and counting. Per transfermarkt:

21/22 Muscle Injury Dec 10, 2021 - 47 days 7
    21/22 Muscle Injury Oct 22, 2021 Nov 30, 2021 39 days 7
    21/22 Muscle Injury Sep 22, 2021 Oct 12, 2021 20 days 4

https://www.transfermarkt.us/noni-madueke/verletzungen/spieler/503987[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, the problem seems to be his explosiveness and speed. This causes his hamstring issuesPSV needs an athletic short track runner coach to teach him the right way to train and correctly use his exposiveness.

18. Cody Gakpo makes the right choice and ignores the flirting of the top clubs.
    https://www.gelderlander.nl/nederla...lopig-schieten-en-blijft-bij-psv-br~aa90a4d7/
    https://www.fcupdate.nl/voetbalnieuws/396698/psv-maakt-einde-aan-speculaties-over-cody-gakpo/
    PSV maakt einde aan speculaties over Cody Gakpo
    19:15 – Cody Gakpo heeft zijn contract bij PSV verlengd, zo maakt de Eindhovense club donderdagavond via de officiële kanalen bekend. De 22-jarige aanvaller ligt nu tot medio 2026 vast in het Philips Stadion. Hoewel Gakpo de afgelopen weken met meerdere Europese grootmachten in verband is gebracht, zal hij het seizoen bij PSV afmaken.

Orange14 repped this.
  19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Smart move by PSV (and great news all around for Eredividie and Dutch clubs). By typing Gakpo’s contract long term, if he does indeed move a year, or even two years from now, he will still command a hefty price. No foreign clubs can try to pry with insulting and absurd low offer.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Roger Schmidt is leaving at the end of the season! Contract expired. Good riddance. I am surprised that he held the job as long as had... he's not that good. Looks like Cocu is available, and open to return.

21. I think PSV should either go for Wim Jonk or Kees van Wonderen. Both are fresh thinkers in football.

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Ruud Van Goal? Is he not the coach for Jong PSV?