PSV Eindhoven 2013/2014- Cocu returns us to glory

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Aztattooedsean777, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    WOW, amazing goal by Hansen, the ADO keeper, almost at the death in extra time. Great flick from a free kick and PSV drop two points!

2. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    PSV how are there new signings??

3. romezzi

romezzi New Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I like the way how PSV dealt with the money they received from the departure of Depay and Wijnaldum, since it is a lot of money in total. Instead of buying big names, they preferred to buy young players. I hope this squad will be good enough to perform well in CL.

4. Good first half, but that Bruma has the turning speed of a truck, which should be like a cross motor.
    Out of gratitude I'm going to kiss Moreno's wife! Only because of gratitude..no other reason, certainly not because she is gorgeous;)

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, a lot of scary last ditch defending and a little bit of luck that Mata totally fluffed the nice through ball from Scheinsteiger. Good result for PSV tonight. Thought they should have had the third goal when Narsingh and Locadia broke free in the final couple of minutes.

6. Yep, but United was very uncreative. De Jong should have done better also with that chance about a meter from the post. It would be a lot less nerving when one of those break away moments were better used.
    Good for our coëfficient.

7. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Or when Luuk missed his chance...

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think the ball just jumped up before he kicked it and since he already wanted to shoot it in the top left corner, it went over. Have yet to see the replay to be sure.

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice header by Narsingh. Gotta give it to the guy.

Just wish he could score like that for Oranje!!!

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I did think that the PSV midfield was quite poor. They were giving ManU lots of space and could not really challenge any of them to take the ball away.

11. Guardado was not at his best tonight, so the win is even better considering he's one of the players normally carrying the team. But he still is present with instructing the players around him. Some passes he gave and were just unprecise, would have given PSV almost a free run towards DeGea.

12. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not bad PSV. Not bad.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretty good PSV. Pretty damn good

14. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Not a great performance on the pitch, but a very positive result for the coefficient.

Getting a draw in Moscow the next game is possible and would give even more confidence.

15. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great result. Shaw's injury was heartbreaking though, hate to see that happen to any player.

16. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    That's true. Guardado was terrible, especially the first half, which is surprising cause he is one of the best eredivisie player .
    Hendrix had a good game, not a great game but he is a hard worker and he helped the defence. Only I wished his passing was a bit more special,
    Propper is not a player that I really like. I can understand that some people like him cause he has a certain elegance with the ball, but he is just so slow and not sharp enough, there was a situation like 3 vs3 counter attack where he took ages and gave the wrong pass.
    Schaars did good in his 20 minutes, I liked the moment when he kept the ball between 3 manchester players. He can definitly bring his experience to the CL adventure.

Considering I'm not convinced with Propper/Maher, I think PSV should play someone next to Luuk. Luuk can be a great pivot, I wished there was a quick player next to him to get the rebounds. Someone like Bergwijn or even Narsingh if he learns how not to be offside. I really believe Narsingh can be more useful in the center rather than on the wing where he looks so stereotypical and uninspired.

Or maybe Pereiro even if he doesn't look very quick.

-----------------------------------Guardado-----------------------Hendrix/Schaars---------------------------------------

-----Pereiro ?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lestiennes-----------

-----------------------------------------------------Luuk----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------Narsingh/Bergwijn/Pereiro------------------------------------

Locadia can also be good sometimes.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That is a nice suggestion. Bergwijn+Luuk. Would like to see that.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Was Maher injured or suspended yesterday? Didn't even think about him until this morning.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    One match every other year or so!:p

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    De Jong will be missing the CL match up versus CSKA Moscow due to an ankle injury from last weekend. Looks like Locadia will get the start. Cocu has also called up Bergwijn and defender Jordy de Wijs.

21. I am very curious how Bergijn will do in this match. As he's a kid he can play without any pressure as he isnot supposed to be playing this kind of matches yet. So also hoping for a surprise combi of him with Locadia.

22. In the 1oth minute CSKA was pushing up to the PA of PSV and Bruma retreated into it leaving far too much space between him and two attackers, while pointing to them but no one closed in to those two, including Bruma. What was he thinking, trying to give the goalie support on the goal line?

Okay and now Bruma leaves the striker on his own to pick out the goal with a header. What a nut head.

23. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Terrible collective performance, the midfield and defence marking is awful, Doumbia and Musa have avenues ahead them everytime they get the ball

24. Bruma after this match should now be a totall write off for the Orange team. For years on end I raged against his selection, starting with van Marwijk whom I accused of insulting Eredivisie players with the selection of Bruma and this evenings performance should be sealing his faith in the Nat. Time to change guards and select van Beek. The insults with Bruma's selectin should end now.

Jalepinho and Orange14 repped this.
  25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Certainly agree as I've also never been a fan of Bruma. Veltman for all his faults is a better CD!