PSN gamertags

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dante, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a PS3 recently and was wondering if any of you guys here have one, I know there are a few of you. My friends list is rather short compared to my XBL friends list so if anyone has a PS3 share your PSN tag and what games you've got to play.

I've got... WarHawk and Rock Band.

my PSN tag is juventuz

2. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    mine is Reycd

I have for online use

Motorstorm
    Raw vs Smackdown 2008
    Call of Duty 4

3. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    Euro account: sdunne
    japan account: sdunner
    usa account: sdunnes

really only playing tekken online atm :D

4. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    jawz10

Skate
    Rainbow Six
    Resistance
    Rock Band
    NBA Live 08
    Calling All Cars
    RAMPAGE
    Warhawk
    Motorstorm
    Fight Night 3

5. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    theRobotDevil

Team Fortress 2 (Orange Box)
    Call of Duty 4

Q

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'm going to purchase a PS3 on Friday, any advice would be appreciated. Looking at Unreal 3, COD4, and perhaps Warhawk. If I could only get one or two games, are these the most recommended? As I say any advice would be great. Thanks.

7. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I really like the Orange Box so far.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Warhawk and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune would be my recommendations. I know Uncharted wasn't on your list.

CoD4 is fun, but for me it's a must have for my 360 since the majority of people I play with online are on the 360 and the two games I mentioned are PS3 exclusives.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    How is online by the way? Is there a decent number of folks playing?

I assume that getting online is reasonably easy?

Thanks for the advice.

10. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Getting online is very simple, the only thing is XBOX Live is unified in its online structure. There are a lot of people playing games like Warhawk and UTIII, but voice chat is sketchy at times and you can't do cross game invites. All in all, I still enjoy online for PS3. Who wants to challenge me in Rock Band online?

11. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    it's an automated process fill in the form to get your name and your done.
    five minutes to set up and best of all it's free after that.

b.t.w. guy's home is out this year (2008) and little big planet which'll really help the psn online communities....cant wait :cool:

12. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    To be honest, Home is why I'm getting a PS3 instead of an Xbox. I started reading about it when the project was announced and thought that it offered great potential. Details have been somewhat fleeting, but I still think despite delays and touch and go beta testing it will be a great feature.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm your Huckleberry...

got your invite last time, unfortunately you weren't on.

14. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    It's done, I got a PS3.

Gamertag: zakthemack

Unfortunately at the moment I could only afford to get one game, Unreal 3.

Now that I see the initial interface (not that it's really that bad), I understand why there is a need for Home. Set up was unbelievably easy, had everything updated and logged onto PSN in under an hour.

I didn't get a chance to play as I did that at lunch. Either way, expect some friends requests in the next day or so.

Thanks all for the help.

15. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm rarely on at the same time as other people. Whats the time difference between Hawaii and England???

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hawaii and Englad I believe is 11 hours, but I'm in NY...so we're 6 hours ahead of you.

17. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ah, binghamton, new york. For some reason I always read that as Birmingham.

18. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gamertag: car9vel

Games: Fifa 08, COD4

19. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Bit of an update...

I've still yet to add everyone, but will probably do so tonight.

Is there anyone here that has UT3, Warhawk, or Tiger 08? Those are the games that I'll have by the end of next week, if not sooner. I'm renting Tiger, own UT, and need to pick up Warhawk.

So does anyone have these games, particularly Warhawk? Not played that one yet and would like to know if it's a strong title.

Again, my tag is zakthemack, so if you see that request pop up in your mailbox you'll know who it is.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have WarHawk and to be honest I played it once, for about 10 minutes. I've been stuck on Rock Band and Uncharted since I picked those up and enjoy them much more.

21. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Was talking about this on another thread, any thoughts on Home?

It's getting a ton of criticism over on the gaming messageboard I go to; I happen to think it's got great potential. Call me lame, but a sims style game that's based on your gaming achievements sounds pretty cool.

22. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I didn't think it was a game. I thought it was more like Second Life, a virtual social networking thing. I guess a lot of it will depend on features and costs. I'm pretty reluctant to pay a lot of money for a virtual avatar or to spend a lot of time walking around a fictional world talking to people without any objectives.

Q

23. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The objective in HOME is social networking. You play games and gain achievements that you can display in your virtual house. You talk to friends, meet new people, and organize clan activities through voice chat in the virtual home space. You play small mini games, view demos and trailers in the virtual marketplace and theatre. You customize your house and living space with videos, pictures, music on your harddrive. Its basically Myspace, Second Life, and Xbox Live rolled into one. If they can pull it off without any monotony or redundancy they've got a winner.

24. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Went and traded in pretty much my entire Wii library, and UT3 for some new PS3 games. Ended up getting COD4, and Ridge Racer. I'm also renting College Football, so those are the games that I have right now.

25. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Just got Warhawk. Certainly going to take some time to get used to. I like the achievement system. Going to play more later, hopefully the learning curve isn't as high as has been talked about.