PSG vs FC Porto [R] CL

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  3. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Collina is ref? oh great, now instead of losing 1-3 we gonna lose 0-4.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't think will be that bad, every game is different

can you give us a recap of PSG in the French league

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    PARIS EST MAGIK!!!!

Lets hope our very own Portuguese superstar condemns the champions to another defeat away.....:D

No Bernard Mendy for us (french NT right back) - he is still injured. :rolleyes:

Our line-up, unless Vahid he blows it again and decides to infuriate every single fan at le PdP will be.....

Letizi
    Pichot--Fanfan--Yepes--Armand
    Pancrate--M'Bami--Cana--Rothen
    Ljuboja
    Pauleta​

Fact is, Vahid won't play Danijel and Pauleta in the same team, despite the fact we outplayed CSKA for 70 minutes with them.

6. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Ljuboja rocks, what a player :)

7. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Hugo Leal diz que jogo com o PSG é «capital» Na próxima quarta-feira, o FC Porto defronta o Paris-SG na capital francesa, para a terceira jornada da Liga dos Campeões. Um jogo especial para Hugo Leal, que esta época trocou o clube francês pelo FC Porto.

«O FC Porto é favorito, tanto pelo que fez no ano passado como pelo seu prestígio actual. Mas, para além disso, vejo também o PSG muito fraco neste momento. De qualquer forma será um jogo capital para as duas equipas», afirma Hugo Leal ao diário francês Le Parisien.

A entrevista, no entanto, é aproveitada por Hugo Leal para explicar as razões de não ter sido feliz no PSG, principalmente desde que o actual técnico, Vahid Halilhodzic, ter assumido o comando da equipa.

«Ele [Halilhodzic] fez tudo para me desencorajar. Em Novembro do ano passado tivemos uma discussão e ficou decidido que iria abandonar o PSG durante o mercado de Inverno. No entanto, o treinador voltou a precisar de mim. Fui titular em nove jogos e fiz boas exibições. Mas, em Fevereiro, disse-me que não precisaria de mim para esta época. Concordei com a decisão, mas não abdiquei das minhas condições», revela.

Sobre a sua entrada no FC Porto, Hugo Leal diz sentir-se «muito contente». «Estou bem fisicamente e os treinos aqui ministrados convêm-me, pois privilegiam a bola. Fui titular nos dois primeiros jogos [Supertaça de Portugal e da Europa] e, posteriormente, regressaram Maniche, Costinha e Diego, três jogadores de grande qualidade. Mas sou opção regular e transmitem-me confiança», explicou.

8. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hugo Leal is facing his second former team in as many games...I wonder if he will be able to move his arse from the bench? He hasn't been an option for most of the season.

9. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    in the end of the season he provavly will be relegated to b team..just like Porto did with Bruno, Quintana..

10. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much of a must-win for Porto. They need to get major points from PSG and then hope that Chelsea crushes the Russians to have a good shot at advancement.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    If both those guys arent starting on Wednesday then the manager should be fired. They will not beat Porto if they both aren't in the starting lineup.

12. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    I hope not, I still have hopes that he´ll be the next Rui Costa :D

13. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Hugo Leal nao presta...Bottom line. Wasn't good enough at Benfica (although we have been known to sell players that weren't "good enough" and we all saw what happened, i.e. Maniche, Deco), wasn't good enough at PSG, and certainly ain't good enough for Porto with the roster they have. Hugo, sign with Leiria and then maybe you'll have a starting spot. :D

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Hugo Leal injuries didn't help him, one of the reasons he slow down, but it takes time, look at Viana his finally coming together

15. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Used to like Hugo Leal. But like alot of players under Luis Fernadez, he was constantly played out of postion or not playing at all.

After scoring in the cup final v Auxerre, it hasn't really gone for him. Vahid didn't rate him sadly. I just hope to god, he doesn't score...... :(

16. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    What about his days at Atletico Madrid when he was one of the best youngsters in Europe? He also made some excellent games for the U-21 NT at the time.

17. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Hugo Leal's "Payback"?
    Hugo Leal, currently the newest addition to the FC Porto midfield, spoke about problems he had with his old coach at PSG, Vahid Halihodzic. PSG will be Porto's next opponent this Wednesday in the third matchday of the UEFA Champions League..

"I had personal problems with Vahid. He had motives for being mad at me because I wasn't up to my potential like he had waited for. But I never received the same treatment from him like the others."

One I arrived late with two other players, because a member of the coaching staff had made a mistake and told us a different time. The coach didn't say anything. The second time I was late to practice, it was because I didn't hear my alarm. It happened to the others, but they were never punished. I on the other hand had to practice with the reserve team. Vahid did anything to make revolt!"

Porto will be in Paris this wednesday to face PSG in Champions League Action from Group H.

FC Porto 1 point (tie, loss)
    PSG O points (2 losses)

18. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Collina to referee Wednesday's PSG match
    Collina will be the referee of the PSG-FCPorto match on Wednesday's Champions League action!

Fernandez Names Same Squad to face PSG
    Fernandez named the same squad to face PSG on Wednesday's Champions League match. After the success of the line-up against Benfica on the weekend, Fernandez is confident that they can achieve another success!

This is also a plus because it give a chance for Pedro Emanuel, Luis Fabiano, and Nuno Valente to rest their injuries and recuperate without any outside pressures.

Flying to Paris will be:

Keepers: Vitor Baia and Nuno
    Defenders: Seitaridis, Jorge Costa, Pepe, Ricardo Costa, and Areira
    Midfielders: Diego, Costinha, Maniche, Carlos Alberto, Quaresma, Hugo Leal, and Bosingwa
    Forwards: Benni McGolo, Derlei, Helder Postiga, and Hugo Almeida

Expect only one change to the starting 11, and that is Quaresma in - Carlos Alberto out.

Here is the anticipated starting 11:
    Vitor Baia
    Seitaridis, Jorge Costa, Pepe, Ricardo Costa
    Costinha
    Diego, Maniche
    Quaresma, McCarthy, Derlei

19. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Paris Saint-Germain FC coach Vahid Halihodzic is desperate to see his side record their first victory of their UEFA Champions League Group H campaign when winless FC Porto visit the Parc des Princes on Wednesday.

'Last chance'
    Halihodzic described the game as "a last chance for both sides to salvage something" after seeing his team defeated without scoring in each of their opening two games. The visitors' coach agreed with Halihodzic's view. "We must win and I hope we will," said Víctor Fernández. "If we don't it will complicate matters in terms of qualification."

'Incredibly tough'
    Defeats at the hands of Chelsea FC and PFC CSKA Moscow were not the way PSG hoped to mark their return to the Champions League after a four-year absence and Halihodzic said: "After the Chelsea game I was as stern with my players as I've ever been after a game. We're lacking a bit of experience and quality at this level and we found ourselves drawn in this incredibly tough group. But things are improving. Our level of play is now satisfactory even if the results are not."

Poor form
    After going down to a late FC Nantes Atlantique penalty on Saturday, the capital club are 16th in France's Ligue 1, two points and two places clear of the relegation spots. But Halihodzic insisted: "We have to persevere. We're not too far away from the desired level now. We played well for 70 minutes against CSKA and for the entire game against Nantes."

'False position'
    Fernández echoed these words when he said: "PSG are in a false position in their domestic league. We're also on the right path and getting stronger by the game. It takes time for a team to gel and we're ready to play 90 minutes at a high level against PSG."

Tactically different
    Halihodzic believes Porto are tactically very different to the side José Mourinho led to glory last season. "They're not as rigorous defensively as Mourinho's Porto but they have brought in quality players to replace those who left in the summer. If anything they now also have more individuals capable of producing something out of nothing."

Missing trio
    That said, the holders have travelled to Paris without several key players. Nuno Valente is recovering from a knee injury sustained on international duty and both Luís Fabiano and Pedro Emanuel, who missed Sunday's 1-0 Portuguese Superliga win against SL Benfica, are still out of action.

Yepes debut
    For PSG, midfield player Lorik Cana - a substitute at Nantes after playing for Albania in Kazakhstan three days earlier - is poised to return. Right-back Bernard Mendy is still working his way back towards full fitness so Stéphane Pichot will continue to deputise but Colombian central defender Mario Alberto Yepes will make his Champions League debut after serving a two-match ban.

'No weak points'
    PSG striker Pauleta, who has been out for a fortnight, should also be restored to the starting lineup. "Porto are high quality," the Portuguese international said. "They have no weak points and a strong bench too." But his Portugal team-mate, Porto's Costinha, is wary. "We've got to be careful because for them playing in Europe will be a release and a real pleasure," he explained. "That said we have to remember we're European champions and if we want to keep our status of being a top European club we have to do well on Wednesday."

20. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I thought Collina was forced to retire from international mathes? :confused:

21. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Just Seria A games......

22. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Shameless advertising..... :rolleyes:

Café de Saint-Germain - the drinks are on me!
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3425744

Pour tout les supporteurs de Porto - mais j'espère que nous serons les vainqueurs demain.......

Porto players re-group.......
    [​IMG]

Porto players practice for the match with some passing.
    [​IMG]

The Old Boy in the background! - Hugo Leal returns to the Parc des Princes.....
    [​IMG]

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I had the same impression, I guess they can look the other way if your name is Collina :eek:

24. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

Man is Almeida huge!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He was forced to retire after the euro 2004, so why is he still officiating uefa matches? :confused: