PSG New York Fan Club / Club de Supporters du PSG a New York!!!!

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by AllezParisAllezPSG, Feb 7, 2006.

1. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Hello everyone!

Well yes, as you can see from the title, I have started the official Fan Club of PSG fans in NY! I've had the idea for a long time now.

It all started back about 2 years ago when I started college. I was lucky enough to end up in a dorm that was literally a block away from the best soccer pub in this city (and maybe even the country) named Nevada Smiths. Visit it if you come to this city, it's like walking back into Europe!!! It's on 3rd Avenue between 11th & 12th street... so if i hadn't found out about this pub, who knows if i would have had the idea of creating this group...

You can go to google and search nevada smiths, it's the first website that pops up... Well once you go in there during Champions League games or the weekends, you realize that there are many MANY different supporter clubs (check it out on the site for yourself)... you have a lot from England, one from moscow and one from Marseille... And surprisingly enough, NONE (at least on the site) are from italy or spain or germany... now why? i honestly don't know... and when you have ultras fans in each of those countries, its surprising that none of them decided to get together to form a group here in NYC... too bad for them!

well back to this group... About 2 years ago when Marseille reached the UEFA Cup Final, i followed their whole run with the Marseille NY fan club and it was just so amazing... and i was thinking to myself, WHY NOT PARIS?!?!?!?! why hasn't anyone already done it for paris, a city of 10 million people?! part of the reason is of course that this club was only founded in 1970, BUT STILL!!!! PSG is becoming incredibly popular now and the Parc des Princes is being overflowed with new supporter groups that are basically invading the whole freaking stadium!!! on psg forums, you hear of new supporter groups being formed all the time now...

so I guess i've been kind of delaying the project, with psg sucking and me being in paris for a semester and all... and then, this past weekend, things changed...i

it was an ordinary game day at the bar on a saturday morning... i go with my jersey and my scarf to watch the BIG GAME PSG - Saint-Etienne, and i'm pumped like no other...I get there about 5 min before the game, and to my amazement i'm the ONLY parisian in the freaking bar... the only frenchmen... i was really kind of pissed... i kind of wanted to scream to the whole city and yell "where the hell are you you freakin psg fans!?"... in the mean time, you have birmingham losing to arsenal i believe and the bar is full of guys from the UK... so i ask the guy who owns the bar which tv the game will be shown on, he points to the smallest of the 15 or so tvs in the bar... i was almost halucinating! so there i am, with my coke (since i'm still under 21 years old), my psg scarf and my psg jersey staring at this tv that is probably a quarter of the size of the flat screens in the rest of the pub while still asking myself how i'm the only frenchman there for a game like this...

then, just before the game starts, i see 2 people who look incredibly parisian... i found out they were by the way they were talking... then came another... about 10 min into the game, there were about 6 or 7 of us staring at this small screen... one of them was smart enough to ask if we could go watch the game downstairs (a seperate bar that was not being used then and has 2 flat screens and 3 regular sized tvs)... they set it all up and then, by the 20th min of the game, there are about 20 Parisians (except 1 stephanois) watching the game! there were just as many psg fans in there as arsenal fans... and when psg would later score, it was the first time i actually heard psg fans scream & yell in nyc lol... in just 20 min, everything had changed around... and as the game progressed, as we went down 0-1, tied 1-1, then somehow got scored on (psg really has the worst luck, and it's pretty bad because i'm a philadelphia sports fan here and they r the most unlucky city in this country that has the 4 major sports teams) i realized that this might be the ideal time to start the supporters club of psg fans... http://www.phillysucks.com/eaglessuck.html

at half-time, the score is 1-2 and i'm thinking, here i am with about 15-20 other parisians... this is the time!!!!! i go upstairs to one of the bodyguards at the door, ask him if he has a pen and paper, go back down and get the e-mails... and as i get all their e-mails, they all get so excited and say this is the best idea! its at that point where you realize that sometimes you just have to push things a little further, and people fully appreciate and support what you are doing... this is where my story ends, but this is how the new club started! and this is just the beginning of that story... so if any of you live in the NYC region, or even on the North American continent of even Nepal but you travel to NYC sometimes, it does not matter, this club is for whom ever is interested...

Go to the link below to check out the temporary website i've created through yahoogroups... if any of you are interested, join up... and if you have questions, just e-mail... we're really looking forward to the coming months because we have a lot of goals we'd like to accomplish... enjoy it and ALLEZ PARIS from New York!!

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/PSGNewYorkFans/

Paris est MAGIQUE!

Aztattooedsean777 repped this.
  2. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Les Nouvelles/Update

Bonjour chers supporters,

Je vous écris pour vous donner les dernières nouvelles et vous tenir au courrant de ce que je compte faire dans les semaines à venir.
    a) La première chose que je devais faire c’était d’assurer qu’on puisse utiliser Nevada Smiths comme notre « camp de base. » Après avoir parlé avec Jack (responsable à Nevada Smiths) et aux responsables du club de supporters de Marseille à New York, ils ont donné leur accord. Donc toutes écharpes et drapeaux sont les bienvenues.
    b) Jack m’a dit que notre club sera ajouté sur leur site (lien en bas) en fin de semaine.
    c) Je commence à organiser le site. J’ai eu l’accord de PlanetePSG (www.PlanetePSG.com) pour mettre quelques-uns de leurs articles sur le site. Je vais même écrire un article sur leur site à propos de notre club. Cela va prendre plusieurs mois pour finir le site (le but c’est de l’avoir finit vers le début de la prochaine saison).
    d) Je travaille sur un logo officiel du club. Je vais collaborer avec d’autres personnes pour les aspects graphiques. J’espère avoir des écharpes et des t-shirts du club pour le début de la prochaine saison (J’ESPÈRE).
    *Toutes suggestions et toute aide sont les bienvenues aussi.*

Maintenant, pour les prochains matchs, dont le grand classico contre Marseille!!!!
    a) Le PSG se déplace à Nantes ce week-end. Le match sera retransmit en direct à Nevada Smiths ce Samedi à 11:15 a.m. Jack m’a promis qu’on aura, comme la dernière fois, le sous-sol à nous !!! (Sauf les 5 premières minutes en raison de la retransmission d’un match du Bayern qui terminera à 11:20 a.m.).
    b) Le Classico contre Marseille sera retransmit en direct à Nevada Smiths Dimanche le 5 Mars à 15:00 normalement. Je vous confirmerai dans le courant de la semaine prochaine les horaires exacts.
    ***TRES IMPORTANT – Sur ce point, je dois être très clair. Le match contre Marseille est classé à haut risque. Et oui, même ici à New York. Donc les supporters Parisiens et Marseillais seront séparés durant la totalité du match. Les supporters Marseillais seront placés en bas tandis que nous serons placés en haut. On aura quelques écrans plasma, et puis le grand écran pour la deuxième partie du match. Je dois vous le rappeler : Toutes violences est interdites. Il y a des chances que des supporters parisiens qu’on ne connaît pas viendront avec l’intention de mettre la pagaille. On n’y peut rien. Et ce serait dommage car on serait banni de Nevada Smiths. Donc si certains d’entre vous connaissent quelqu’un qui vient avec cette intention, assurez vous de le prévenir que ce sera inacceptable. Jack a dit qu’il sera au pub en personne pour s’assurer que tout se passe bien.

Donc, si vous avez des questions, écrivez-moi. Et s’il vous plaît, je vous prie de joindre le group sur yahoogroups (le lien est en dessous). Ca me facilite la vie énormément.

A Samedi et Allez PARIS!!!

http://www.grahamecurtis.com/nevadasmiths/supporters.html
    http://www.grahamecurtis.com/nevadasmiths/footfixture.html

Hello fellow PSG supporters

I write to you all today to bring you up-to-date on the latest news as well as what I’m planning for the weeks to come.
    a) The first thing I had to do was to make sure that we could use Nevada Smiths as our “home base.” After speaking to Jack (in charge at Nevada Smiths) and those in charge of the supporters club of Marseille in New York, I got the green light. As a result, all scarves and flags are welcome at the bar.
    b) Jack told me that our club would be added to their site (link below) by the end of the week.
    c) I’m starting to organize the content for our future website. I have spoken to those who run PlanetePSG (www.PlanetePSG.com) and they agreed to a proposal in which I could use some of their articles every so often as well as place links to their photo and video database. Completion of the website is a project that will take many months (the goal is to have it completed sometime during the beginning of the next season).
    d) I am working on an official logo for the club. I will be collaborating with others concerning the graphics. I hope to have scarves and t-shirts of the club for the beginning of next season (MAYBE).

Concerning upcoming games, including the « classico » against Marseille!
    a) PSG will be traveling to Nantes this weekend. The game will be shown live at Nevada Smiths this Saturday at 11:15 a.m. Jack promised me that we will have all of the downstairs lounge to ourselves (except for the first 5 minutes due to a Bayern Munich game that will be ending at 11:20 a.m.).
    b) Now for the big game against Marseille in Paris on March 5th. The game will be shown live at Nevada Smiths Sunday at 3:00 p.m. Timing will be confirmed next week through e-mail.
    ***VERY IMPORTANT – The following should be taken very seriously. Due to some problems encountered over the years, measures have been taken concerning the game against Marseille. Yes, even 3,500 miles away from Paris, precautions will be needed. The following will be in effect: PSG supporters and Marseille supporters will be separated throughout the match. The Marseille supporters will have the downstairs lounge to themselves while we will be situated upstairs. The game will be shown on some of the plasma screens upstairs and for most of the second half we will be able to watch the game on the projector. T
    The following will not be something that I will have to reiterate in the future. No violence of any kind will be tolerated! There is a big possibility that some PSG supporters whom we have never met will show up to this game and cause trouble. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about that and the club could be held responsible and as a result banned from Nevada Smiths. I cannot emphasize this enough. So if you know somebody who might be coming to this game with bad intentions, please make sure you tell that person it will not be tolerated. Jack promised he would come in for the game to make sure everything runs smoothly.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me. And for those interested in joining the club, please join the group site on yahoogroups (link is below). It makes my life much easier.

So see you all on Saturday and Allez Paris!!!

http://www.grahamecurtis.com/nevadasmiths/supporters.html
    http://www.grahamecurtis.com/nevadasmiths/footfixture.html

3. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    hey everyone,
    i have been working on the logo for the club, so i was wondering if you could tell me what you all think of it (any suggestions?)... i'm open to any ideas... enjoy it and
    AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nice work. I may not be from NYC or even like NYC, but it looks classy.

5. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    thanks a lot. always nice to hear comforting messages. other people on psg boards have said they all liked it, so a+ so far. unfortunately, no one from the club has said if they like it. it's too bad that there are only about 3-4 members that are really crazy about psg while the others will come if psg plays well...

6. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    This might be jumping the gun a bit, but is the a U.S. Supporters group?

7. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    oy, I forgot about this, I'm a member but I never really went down there to the Nevada Smiths...
    I'll have to go now that they put the L1 on Setanta, when they will finally broadcast a PSG game, I think it isn't until the PSG-OM game in September.

As to the Club in America, I doubt there is, you'll have to see with the founder

8. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe

i remember reading somewhere a lot of expats trying to get a group together to watch matches at the same pubs and stuff (although it concerned the NY and DC area given the amount of french currently working/living there and the feasibility of coordination. But as far as I know, nothing has come to fruition.

As APAP (sorry for the shortening) stated in his first post, expats from Marseille or expats who simply support the club have actually done something similar.

9. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    Does anyone know of any PSG supporters clubs in the UK? I go to the Fulham Tup for PSG-OM when i don't go to paris to watch the match and there seems to be quite a few Paris supporters in there but i dont know of any supporters clubs or groups in the UK

10. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    hey guys, it's been a while...

anyway, i'm the president of club (started back in Feb.) and right now there are about 30 members on yahoo and more than 15 on the mailing list, not so bad for just about 7 months...

it's been hard to organize stuff, but i still plan to make a website, sell t-shirts and have scarves for the club...

just thought i'd say hi to everyone again, this past summer has been crazy... time flies!! but a new season is upon us :D and psg-om is in 10 days!!! EVERYONE TO NEVADA SMITHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    ^oh yeah, I haven't shown up yet, but I plan on going to watch the game at the Nevada Smiths, especially since I don't have setanta, so I have no other option left. damn you fsc!
    I would definitely be interested in expanding the club, as you mention in the other thread, maybe get the PSG management to show up here in the states, maybe hold some kind of RBNY-PSG game in honor for Dkorkaeff, or maybe take part of the various tours going on in north america.
    But it all depends on them qualifying for the CL, if they don't, they don't need to advertise how bad our team is :D

12. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    yea, i'm more excited this year though... we have a new ownership which actually has some goals for the team and has the ability to bring this team back to the top of french clubs and back on the european spotlight within a first years...

plus this year, UEFA CUP :D

hopefully i'll start working on a website, have a lot of ideas... and i think t-shirts/scarves would be cool for those who wanted it... and i would love some help of course, always welcome...

only sad thing this year, don't think ill be able to make it to the parc des princes this year... last time i went was psg 4-1 metz first game of last season... and this summer when i was in paris they weren't there... same for this x-mas :( ...

13. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    We have some great news at the club, let's wait for APAP to officially announce it.

14. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Haha thanks Gotham you beat me to it. Here it is guys;
    PSG Club New York is official! Enjoy the following. The link to the article is at the bottom. ALLEZ PARIS!!!!!!!!

http://www.psg.fr/fr/news/show.php?id=10408

15. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Hey guys,

The club was again featured, this time on PlanetePSG thanks to one of the guys who runs the site. It basically just wanted to notify that PSG had recognized the the existence of the new PSG Club NY. The link to the article for those interested is below.

Since last week, i've probably received over 75 e-mails from random PSG fans with the release of these two articles. It's an awesome feeling when opening your e-mail account and you see guys from all over the world encouraging what we're doing here.

Also, PlanetePSG will be looking to do an interview on the Club. I was part of an interview, along with another PSG fan in NYC, just before the world cup concerning new york, the importance of soccer here etc etc. In addition to a new interview, Foot Paris (a PSG magazine in France) wants to run an article on the club :). Gotta love it.

Allez paris!!!

http://www.planetepsg.com/news-5520-supporters_etranger_gros_plan_sur_le_psg_club_new_york.html

16. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    hey guys, just a quick update...
    1) with the upcoming game this weekend against marseille, it's going to be a busy one as you all may know... i went to nevada smiths to speak to Jack about the game on Sunday and this is what I concluded from our discussion... basically, and unfortunately, while the game will be shown at the pub, there won't be any audio coverage... this is due to the fact that there will be the inter-roma game starting at the same time and that the pub is getting an exclusive feed from columbia for the barcelona liga game... so the pub will be packed... as a result, there are two options. either we decide to go to nevada smiths and watch the game w/out audio (or go downstairs to watch the game w/ the marseillais but that might not be a good idea to have 40 parisians) or we find another pub just for this weekend... so does anybody in the new york area know of another great pub that has sentata sports (and there are a lot of them)... i'm going to send an e-mail out to everyone asking the same question
    2) still working on the scarf and its really going to be awesome... ive been working on it now on and off for almost 3 months but within the next few weeks it should be good to go...
    3) expect some more cool news/updates in the next few weeks, don't want to ruin the surprise ;)

allez paris

17. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    I think we should pack it up downstairs and have fun outsinging them.

Or find another place, it's a shame they're giving priority to the Italians.

Check this list:
    http://linux11744.dn.net/setanta/jsp/NA_venues.jsp?head=0&radius=100&CAT1=r&zipCode=10011
    They all carry Setanta Sport

Or just search for other areas, I keep putting the Chelsea zip code but we can search perhaps in other boroughs
    http://na.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/page?open&systemtitle=nappvvenuefinderb

A big problem is, the game will be right before the Superbowl, so most of the bars might want us out of there asap after the game for their own regulars

This is weird, here's one nearby that has the game on its schedule. It's always weird when I find a place in the neighborhood I've never noticed before:
    http://www.kinsale.com/

18. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    bah just a bunch of southerners!!! how many are there usually?

I'd love to buy a scarf, are you guys planning on shipping and stuff?

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It wouldn't be a problem. I have seen tons of Arsenal matches at The Globe Pub with opposing supporters and there never is an issue. Lots of teeth gritting, taunting, jokes, but never any real problem. Usually I found a few from each opposing club, that were good people and class acts.

Example:
    FA CUP 2005: Arsenal won and there were over a 100-150 people at the pub. More than half were Gooners, after we won, a handful of Mancs came over, sucked up their pride and congratulated us.
    Most said, "I hate you or F*** Arsenal!

It might have been all the chanting and dancing that we did after we lifted the cup, lol.

20. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    thanks for your help, greatly appreciate it... one guy sent an e-mail mentioned mccormacks pub as a great place down on 26th street on the east side... supposedly a good soccer place... i'm gonna call tomorrow to find out the deal and maybe try some other pubs as well... crossing my fingers

concerning the marseille supporters, they have basically taken over the basement for their games for the past 3 years... i have nothing wrong w/ them and i know the guys the head the club pretty well... but when i first created the club last year, we decided that during games, just in case, we would not watch the games together because a) they had been there before and both jack and i acknowledge that and b) there have been incidents in the past where tourists from france come to watch the game and glases were thrown... no joke...

i would not be surprised if a few psg supporters went to watch the game there... and i have absolutely no problem w/ that... i'm just looking for a better opportunity where we can all calmly watch (and actually hear) the game without having to deal w/ a fight breaking out or downstairs being too crowded (which would happen) since they are usually at least 30 "marseillais" and we are just about the same number...

concerning the scarf, it should be ready within the next few weeks and will be shipped from paris... and yes, once i have them here, i will be shipping many out so if any are interested, don't be shy :) ... i already have a good amount of pre-orders...

i will give an update as soon as there is some news concerning this weekend

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Are you kidding me? That is terrible. I have been to football pubs tons of times and never seen any fights or anyone thrown out. Those tourists should be ashamed of themselves.

22. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Ils viennent de suspendre la Seria A, apres la mort d'un flic en Sicile apres des emeutes dans le derby local.

so I guess the Nevada Smiths might be empty on sunday.

As to the tourists. They don't care what they do, they'll never come back there again anyway, so it's a shame they give such a bad reputation to those who do.
    But I doubt anyone would fight. I was there for Arsenal-MU, and there was no problem whatsoever. And there isn't any real animosity anyway, unless if Anigo starts trashtalking and poisoning our players again :D

BTW, what do the scarves look like? Sign me up for one

23. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    i'd be glad to send you by e-mail the design so far... maybe you could even give some suggestions... you can send me your e-mail by private message or by sending me an e-mail at jsfrance1@aol.com ...

24. zidja

zidja Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Anyone know where to watch the PSG-Athens Game tomorrow in New York? (other than astoria ;) )

25. AllezParisAllezPSG

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Unfortunately, unless you find a greek channel, the game will not be shown... but the return game in paris in a week will be shown live at nevada smiths at 2:30... and a good bunch of us should be there :)

check this link out though... you should be able to catch it on stream through greek channels... good luck

http://www.live-foot-forum.be/forum/uefa-1-16eme-de-finalematch-aller-14-15-fevrier-vt1482.html

ALLEZ PARIS