PSG 2014 - 2015 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Pandore, Aug 28, 2014.

1. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yep, they didn't even have it on the hotel tv, so I didn't watch the game! Even though it sounded like anything but a thriller, I still like to see how we're playing. If I had known that I wouldn't even find the game on tv, I would have gone to the Camp Nou to see their game live.

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG XI:

Sirigu - Van der Wiel, Thiago Silva (c), David Luiz, Maxwell - Pastore, Thiago Motta, Matuidi - Lucas, Lavezzi - Cavani

Allez Paris! It'll also be interesting to see how the other game in our group (Ajax v Barcelona) ends up.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Who can stop Cavani??!!!

Btw Rabiot on the bench... Wow so quickly??? Lol

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    First of all, this ref is clearly either against us or just trying to help APOEL. The cynical foul on Lavezzi was so disgusting and it was RIGHT in front of the ref. There is no possible way he missed it.

Then, after that horrible foul, one of the APOEL players decided to dive to get a free kick before half time.

It would bring me great joy to see them lose tonight, against Barcelona, and against Ajax. Being a smaller team is no excuse for shockingly bad sportsmanship.

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The final result is incredibly flattering to APOEL. Oh well, good riddance.

It's also disappointing that Ajax couldn't at least get a point considering the fact that Barcelona have lost their last two games in La Liga. This puts so much pressure on us in the fight for first place. It also makes the draw against Ajax at the beginning of our CL campaign look even more frustrating and potentially costly than anticipated. I'm sure Barcelona will iron out their issues by the time we have to face them at the Camp Nou.

I'm happy about the three points and for Cavani scoring 4 goals in his last 4 games (he was supremely unlucky not to have scored more tonight though), but qualifying second really isn't ideal and it's making me anxious knowing that we could be in a better position right now if only we had gotten the three points against Ajax.

Lucas MOTM

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm very confident PSG can go into Camp Nou and at the very least find a draw to win the group.

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    @Catracho_Azul, I hope you're right! It would be such a relief to qualify first. Hopefully Zlatan is back and in form by then because he's probably itching for some goals. :)

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm more nervous about Le Derby.

Barce need more than ironing out to figure out how to defend better.

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Their defense doesn't scare me whatsoever, it's their attack! Their defense is actually kind of shocking for a club of that caliber. It's crazy they hadn't conceded a single goal in La Liga until the game at the Bernabeu.

In any case, the game against Marseille is making me nervous too. Anything other than 3 points should equal in LB's dismissal since the gap would be way too wide after that. It's already bad enough as it is. I'll be livid if Marseille are able to come to our stadium and leave with a point (or worse) and then for Blanc to say it's a good result (and the usual nonsense he says when we don't get the three points like we should).

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Firing LB mid season almost looks as disastrous as keeping him at the helm dispute a derby loss

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    PSGs back half equates to Barces attack. The fact that their defense is worse than Paris's attack gives me a sigh of relief.

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A derby loss is unacceptable though. Losing to Marseille is bad enough as it is, but losing to them when we need to catch up and when our team is worth millions more is simply embarrassing. The fans deserve better!

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hopefully Pique will make one of his signature blunders!

15. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So after much speculation, Thiago Silva is definitely not going to feature in today's game due to yet another injury. This is getting really tiresome. It's important to note that we've won every single game since Thiago Silva has returned, which is definitely not a coincidence. He's not the sole reason, but having him in the back is a lot more reassuring. We better have him and Ibra in full form for the game at Barcelona at the very least.

Either way, allez Paris! Hopefully this game is way more entertaining than the away leg was. We absolutely need to win to even have a chance to retain our first spot in the group. I'm not expecting Barcelona to drop points against APOEL, even though they have been one of the more challenging "minnows" during the group stage, so we cannot afford to make any mistakes today.

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    PSG were winning every single game without TS.

17. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You must be forgetting the multiple draws we had while he was injured!

18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I love watching Pastore

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Great tackle by VDW

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    CAVANI!!!!!!!! 1-0

21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ibra booked

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ibra looks sad lol whereas Cavani happy... This time last year it was the opposite.

23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I feel bad. It's going to take time for him to regain his form, but he's such a perfectionist that you can tell how much it's negatively affecting his mind state. Either way, what matters most is his form in the second part of the season.

It makes me anxious when Verratti is not playing!

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That was a stunning little ball from Ibra

25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club: